Msc seaside cabin photos only!

sidari

I would be very surprised if it were just painted steel. That would not be in keeping with all the other balconies and would require constant painting. Too much upkeep. Most likely the same synthetic and durable rubberized surface as the other balconies, but instead of the fake wood pattern it’s colored green.

Video of Balcony Cabin 9195 with the pop up Bunk Beds (Finally)

Thank you for the link and all of your info. I have been waiting for the Bunk Beds. I thought I had figured out the sofa beds, but now I'm not so sure. Do you think 9195 has the bunks is due to being a "AA" cabin? Or do all 4 person cabins have the bunks? This looks like the sofa that's in the Aft suites but I didn't think it had Bunk Beds.

Those Deck 9 Balconies have a painted floor, the video of one of the cabins is on this thread post No 199, unless they have added the astro mat since it was filmed they remain painted.

TC ... That video is the first one I have seen so far of the bunk beds, there are supposed to be 5 types of Sofa on the Seaside and with them all being the same colour it is somewhat difficult to decided which is which, although some do seem wider on the arm rests than others. I think the one with narrow arms will be the bunk beds.

Edited by sidari

Those Deck 9 Balconies have a painted floor, the video of one of the cabins is on this thread post No 199, unless they have added the astro mat since it was filmed they remain painted.

I watched the video. I'm not convinced it's just painted steel. It's definitely not astro-turf, but more likely the rubberized surface I mentioned previously but in green instead of brown, which is what all the other balconies on the ship have.

I guess we will have to wait for a first hand report to confirm it.

Ernie ... What you say could be right and it would make sense if that is what they have used, such a shame it looks nothing like the renderings, I think MSC missed a trick here.

Yes I agree they could have been much nicer with better decking, a canopy (like shown in the rendering), and nicer dividers and rails. Carnival did this with the Havana balconies on Vista and they look great. Personally I would never book one as they offer no privacy, but I can see how they might appeal to people.

Thanks for posting. Hopefully we get a Transformer sofa in our YC room.

Those transformer sofas do look pretty cool. I'd love to see one put up and taken down just for the amusement.

Still no S2 Fantastica suite on the angle of the ship pictures but I have finally chatted with someone who saw one on a cabin crawl. Said best he could do was say it was like the whirlpool suite next door just minus the whirlpool (obviously) and subtract the space between the sofa and closet wall. He couldn't remember the bathroom for sure but the current deck plans show a shower so that means the bathroom is smaller, too.

Edit: Just showed my spouse that transformer sofa. Told him I call dibs on the upper bunk if we have one! :P :D

Copied from the Renderings thread. Royal Suite.

That's the starboard Royal Suite (16024).

Just to complicate things, the furniture in the livingroom is set up differently on the port side (16037).

In 16024 (above), the 2 chairs are under the window but in 16037, the smaller sofa is under the window.

Still waiting on some furniture photos/confirmation such as the sofa in the bedroom and all of the balcony furniture.

That's the starboard Royal Suite (16024).

Just to complicate things, the furniture in the livingroom is set up differently on the port side (16037).

In 16024 (above), the 2 chairs are under the window but in 16037, the smaller sofa is under the window.

Still waiting on some furniture photos/confirmation such as the sofa in the bedroom and all of the balcony furniture.

I'm glad to see they put some lounge chairs on the balcony, but it looks like they still have yet to put out that nice dining table that was shown in the renderings. It really would be a shame if they did not buy any special outdoor furniture for these suites. I also think the sofa in the bedroom will be missing.

I hope the occupants like brown.

well when we have the Sophia Loren Suite on the Divina everything was red - so this is a change. however, i did see some better pictures of the Royal Suite, so i know it is still brown, but perhaps the lighting was not good at all -

they even have a virtual tour of the Royal Suite on an APP called MSC360VR -

- it is not bad, but cannot figure out how to change rooms on the Virtual Tour....

Ernie ... They seem to have gone from one extreme to the other when you look at this to the rest of the cabins.

Sure seems that way. I'm not a huge fan of the colors ... suite or standard cabins. They just seem to be lacking something. Perhaps a little style? Maybe thats it! LOL

Still hoping they look much better in person. It's quite possible these colors just don't photograph well.

These pics of the Royal Suite bedroom are in much better colour than the ones posted earlier- yes still brown but very elegant.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That looks lovely! Elegant and modern with some sophistication. Thanks for posting.

The reason these pictures look so good is because they are not real. These are computer generated pictures of the royal suite rendering. While the actual suite does look similar, the colors and actual room setup are actually different.

Well my bubble was just burst! I thought at first they may have been renderings but with the MSC items on the bed I thought perhaps it was real. It's amazing how realistic renderings can be today. So detailed.

Well my bubble was just burst! I thought at first they may have been renderings but with the MSC items on the bed I thought perhaps it was real. It's amazing how realistic renderings can be today. So detailed.

The rendering was released months (8?) ago. The actual "brownness" was first shown in the Capt. Scala video a month ago.

I'm not going to let it bother me.

The rendering was released months (8?) ago. The actual "brownness" was first shown in the Capt. Scala video a month ago.

I'm not going to let it bother me.

does not bother me at all - it is what it is - just very grateful we have it snagged for a back-to-back on the 24th of February - love the amount of space and the size is fantastic, not to mention the balcony size...very nice...colours are just colours...