Msc seaside cabin photos only!

sidari

No way is that a YC inside.

REGULAR Inside cabins on anthem of seas are the exact same size as YC inside cabins on seaside (182 sq ft). Here is a photo of what a 182 square foot cabin looks like....a yc interior will be virtually identical. Looks very close to the picture posted to me....

278bb1d80a3e73e5587527bb0d1d4cd1.jpg

I think its important to keep expectations aligned when dealing with MSC- she is a budget cruise line that provides an excellent value for the dollar, but nothing about MSC i would consider luxurious besides perhaps the atrium and a few other public rooms.

I’ve sailed on divina in both YC and in a fantasia balcony. There was nothing “special” about the cabin decor in either room. The furniture was pretty Ikea like in both categories and I certainly didn’t find the YC balcony cabin much more luxurious in any way. It was very nice and all, but I didn’t find much I would consider over the top. This was fine because I didn’t pay over the top prices. For the most part, my experience aligned with the cost paid. I paid beer prices and received a beer/well drink experience. I did not pay beer prices and receive a Champaign experiences. I’ve found that travelers who keep their expectations realistic, report the best experiences overall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the green paint is just an epoxy or barrier coat. The teak decking shown in the drawings is synthetic material cut to fit. I think we are seeing unfinished balconies. Whether it will be done before the first Miami cruise is anyones guess.

I don't think it is green paint. It looks like astroturf to me. To make you think you're in the yard outside.

Even if that is a standard inside, what is up with the two twin size comforters overlapping each other? I'm sorry that is just sloppy. If it's made up as a single full size bed, it should have a single full size comforter. I'm not very happy with the decor of the non-YC cabins. It is not only lackluster, it's incredibly outdated.

I don't think it is green paint. It looks like astroturf to me. To make you think you're in the yard outside.

There is a video showing a deep balcony with just green surfacing. I am referencing that. It appears to be painted or coated steel. I am saying I do not think the balconies have all furnishings, fixtures, and equipment yet. Some people are very upset over the current appearance and I think there is more finish work to be done. The drawings show astroturf

Seaside YC inside are not 182 square foot but 226sf.

REGULAR Inside cabins on anthem of seas are the exact same size as YC inside cabins on seaside (182 sq ft). Here is a photo of what a 182 square foot cabin looks like....a yc interior will be virtually identical. Looks very close to the picture posted to me....

278bb1d80a3e73e5587527bb0d1d4cd1.jpg

I think its important to keep expectations aligned when dealing with MSC- she is a budget cruise line that provides an excellent value for the dollar, but nothing about MSC i would consider luxurious besides perhaps the atrium and a few other public rooms.

I’ve sailed on divina in both YC and in a fantasia balcony. There was nothing “special” about the cabin decor in either room. The furniture was pretty Ikea like in both categories and I certainly didn’t find the YC balcony cabin much more luxurious in any way. It was very nice and all, but I didn’t find much I would consider over the top. This was fine because I didn’t pay over the top prices. For the most part, my experience aligned with the cost paid. I paid beer prices and received a beer/well drink experience. I did not pay beer prices and receive a Champaign experiences. I’ve found that travelers who keep their expectations realistic, report the best experiences overall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very sad to see the rendering and then see that the finished product is a joke ... :(

MSCBalS3-42373-1500128545.jpg

So which cabins are these supposed to be? The website listed in the photo has them under S3. Are they the long S3's towards the back of the ship (9205-9249 and 9210-9252)? I'd be less concerned about the astroturf than I would be that none of the balconies are private, even the piece near the cabin since you can poke your head around to see your neighbors.

Even if that is a standard inside, what is up with the two twin size comforters overlapping each other? I'm sorry that is just sloppy. If it's made up as a single full size bed, it should have a single full size comforter. I'm not very happy with the decor of the non-YC cabins. It is not only lackluster, it's incredibly outdated.

I think SEASIDE looks amazing, but I agree the cabins are lackluster. The theme with cabin comments seems to be disappointment overall. For such a prototype ship, the cabins are a bit of a throwback. Mainly it's the dated looking decor, but even the layout is meh. I've felt this way long before actual pictures were released. Even in the renderings the cabins looked dated and the same color schemes made it from renderings to reality, so no surprise there. It's just the style of the designer I supposed. If they are clean and comfortable I'll be fine, and I'm sure they are.

Now for forward thinking and looking cabins, look no further than CELEBRITY EDGE.

So which cabins are these supposed to be? The website listed in the photo has them under S3. Are they the long S3's towards the back of the ship (9205-9249 and 9210-9252)? I'd be less concerned about the astroturf than I would be that none of the balconies are private, even the piece near the cabin since you can poke your head around to see your neighbors.

I'm sure this is the exact reason these balconies sport full length dividers in real life. People want privacy, and while the open rails in the rendering look great, they are not practical for most people looking for privacy on their extra large balcony. Basically you would be in a fish bowl.

The UK site is so far out of date it is unbelievable, they do not have Deck 19 or 20 on the Deck plans! the USA site has had it for months, the Photo package for 100 photos says per person when it should be per cabin, the Restaurant packages are missing just like the USA site due they say to an I.T glitch!

Those are just 3 things that stand out.

It looks once again that they have spent all the money in the Atrium on fancy stairs just like Divina and forgot to finish the cabins properly apart from the YC.

Same on the Australian Site ....only up to Deck 18, photo packages say pp, and no Restaurant packages https://www.msccruises.com.au/en-au/Discover-MSC/Cruise-Ships/MSC-Seaside/Deckplan.aspx

I'm sure this is the exact reason these balconies sport full length dividers in real life. People want privacy, and while the open rails in the rendering look great, they are not practical for most people looking for privacy on their extra large balcony. Basically you would be in a fish bowl.

So I'm confused. Is that a picture of the real balconies or not? If it's not, then why the negative comments about it?

I think SEASIDE looks amazing, but I agree the cabins are lackluster. The theme with cabin comments seems to be disappointment overall. For such a prototype ship, the cabins are a bit of a throwback. Mainly it's the dated looking decor, but even the layout is meh. I've felt this way long before actual pictures were released. Even in the renderings the cabins looked dated and the same color schemes made it from renderings to reality, so no surprise there. It's just the style of the designer I supposed. If they are clean and comfortable I'll be fine, and I'm sure they are.

Now for forward thinking and looking cabins, look no further than CELEBRITY EDGE.

Thanks for your post, I wonder how well the Seaside is going to do, against the Florida based Celebrity ships? Most/all of them, have better accommodations than shown here, including the Yacht Club. I was expecting much more, than what we have seen. My maiden voyage on the NCL Epic, showed what a flawed cabin design can do to a ship marketability. The Quantum of the Seas by contrast, had some of the best new cabins (great bathrooms, etc) that I have seen on a mainstream new build.

First off the Inside cabin photos in my previous post are a Standard Inside cabin, no idea if it is Bella or Fantastica. The one thing for sure is that it is not a YCI, the cabin colours are somewhat of a give away when you look at the posted videos of the YC accessible cabin. The Three photos below are of another Standard Inside cabin.

With regards to the complaint about the bed covers in the first set of photos did you not consider that the cabin occupants put them that way!

24301323_889065541270142_2558934889051064767_n.jpg?oh=e2ef3e184c693c3c77e1282bac20013c&oe=5A940391

24312608_889066007936762_6881217985007796253_n.jpg?oh=07bd2c9a299491f967f02f8c6de31791&oe=5AC23B08

24774722_889066081270088_521829830301019215_n.jpg?oh=55be7d87df50ab79022bbe3b65c8cfda&oe=5A97E9AF

To answer the other posts regarding the S3 Deck 9 Suites Aft/Side cabins.

The renderings of the ship including the D9 S3 that I posted gives people a wrong impression when you see the finished product.

We originally booked one of these cabins and have to say that had we kept it and walked into it on December 23rd looking the way it does we would have been very upset at paying for what is a standard Fantastica Cabin with a Green painted Tunnel but sold as a Suite.

With regards to privacy, unless these cabins were the last available on your chosen date why would anyone in their right mind book one if they were concerned with privacy! for me once again MSC have like on Divina have spent most of the money on Staircases and the Atrium at the expense in this case of the cabins.

As a member of 5 Seaside groups elsewhere I have yet to see a comment on the cabins that say Wow or Great.

I am currently looking for the photos we have taken of the now Fantastica cabins from the 5 other MSC ships we have sailed on, Preziosa, Divina, Orchestra, Poesia and Opera, so far those I have found look far better than what is being offered on Seaside at the Bella, Fanatastica end.

My personal opinion is that the cabins do not live up to either the Renderings or Peoples expectations of them.

I honestly think that MSC thoughts may have been to make the outside areas so appealing and grand that you wouldn't stay in your cabin, meaning you would spend more money out and about the ship and so the cabins did not need the same WOW factor.

For us its about the ship, not the cabin and so we are fine with what we have seen. (we are in a AFT cabin in April)

Dexddd ... Not just in the cabins either! the earlier posts of the Inside cabins on page 12 are from Deck 12.

24272928_1901185183542916_1559467996_n.jpg?oh=206c5a17dea4b6ae5b93d8423f560f47&oe=5A29F02A

24205126_1901180720210029_835363272_n.jpg?oh=4910f361f40517be851d47baf0fd40d1&oe=5A29E7D5

It makes no sense to me why a cruise line, and a brand new ship, would have solid color carpets, ESPECIALLY in public areas. One piece of lint, paper, dirt, color on the carpet will be shown immediately.

I had mauve carpet in the 90s and it was a real PITA to keep it looking fresh and that was in a house filled with only four people. The same is true for the cabins. I just do not understand that reasoning.

If you have time a suggestion, could you alter your first post to list what cabin numbers are featured in this thread with a page number so those looking for specific cabin can just look there? Just a thought.

Kelly ... Not possible with not having all the cabin numbers of the photos, I would not have the time now to do what you suggest.

As the photos are appearing sporadically from different places it would be difficult to keep up with them.

Sidari -

If you have time a suggestion, could you alter your first post to list what cabin numbers are featured in this thread with a page number so those looking for specific cabin can just look there? Just a thought.

Kelly, it's not possible to edit a post after 20 minutes (IIRC) of it being posted.

Also, I went back to have a look, too, LOL!