Changing stateroom B2B

ashhill

My DW and I have booked a B2B next March on Crown Princess and have a different stateroom for each cruise. Can anyone tell me how our luggage will be dealt with when we change rooms. We will still be on the same deck - just a few doors along.

Thanks for any replies.

My DW and I have booked a B2B next March on Crown Princess and have a different stateroom for each cruise. Can anyone tell me how our luggage will be dealt with when we change rooms. We will still be on the same deck - just a few doors along.

Thanks for any replies.

Pack up your stuff. You can leave hanging clothes in the closet on hangers. The ship will have someone transfer your suitcases and the items hanging in the closet to the new room. Pretty easy.

Thanks for any replies.

You will get a very detailed letter about how it works about 36 hours before the first disembarkation day.

It will contain a new cruise card, as you're changing cabins, along with details on how, if you're changing cabins, you should pack up any drawers or shelves, toiletries, etc in your luggage, leave hanging clothes in hangers and keep your valuables/medications with you.

Rhe cabin stewards will take care of moving everything in your cabin to the new one...

When you return from immigration/customs, you'll go to your new cabin..

You shouldn't have to Muster again, unless it's a muster station change - and even then, you usually don't have to do the muster again, just familiarize yourself with your station..

It's very easy, and they give you very detailed info about it. No worries.

Thanks for any replies.

The steward moved my stuff as was memtioned but I was moving to a different deck. Since your stateroom is only a few doors away, assuming it's the same steward, I would as if you can move things yourself since it's so close. Possibly you could just transfer the drawers from one stateroom to another along with the hangers.

Tom😀

The steward has to move your belongings even if it is just next door. All pax have to leave the ship or in some cases they allow B2B pax to congregate in one place while the authorities clear the ship for the new embarkation. Pax cannot reboard the ship until the authorities release it for embarkation. Room stewards have to clean the rooms for the new pax and one of their duties is to remove all personal items left behind and completely clean the cabin. During this time is when the stewards will move your belongings to the new cabin most likely after it has been cleaned and readied for you.

I never had to move on a B2B. But my friends did and the cabin steward did it all for them. The cabin was only down the hall and he was going to be there steward in the new cabin. He was very happy to help. My friend gave him a very good tip.

Tony

Just curious to know the reasons why anyone would like to repeat the same Cruise ship, (instead of doing a a different Cruise ship from the same port). Aren't the shows, entertainment, food and activities exactly the same?

Sent from my Lenovo P2a42 using Forums mobile app

Just curious to know the reasons why anyone would like to repeat the same Cruise ship, (instead of doing a a different Cruise ship from the same port). Aren't the shows, entertainment, food and activities exactly the same?

Yes, mostly the same. BUT you wouldn't have time to see all the shows, eat all the available menu items, etc.

B2Bs are lots of fun, even when the ports are the same. We've done many B2Bs. It's all about staying on a ship as long as you can.

Yes, mostly the same. BUT you wouldn't have time to see all the shows, eat all the available menu items, etc.

B2Bs are lots of fun, even when the ports are the same. We've done many B2Bs. It's all about staying on a ship as long as you can.

There are very long Cruises of 28 nights to 300 nights RTW. How do they manage to offer 300 different shows ?

We have only once done a B2B with a cabin change.

On that occasion, we cleared the dressing table, of chargers etc, and the bedside drawers (which is where we tend to keep miscellaneous paperwork) and put everything into one of our cases.

We then emptied the safe ourselves. Can't exactly remember whether or not we kept the safe contents or not, but i seem to recall that we put everything into a Ziplock' plastic bag which we took to the main desk and asked to be put in the ship's safe.

All our hanging clothes were moved by the steward to our new cabin, as were our cases.

The drawers, other than the bedside table drawers (which we had emptied ourselves) were simply swopped over between the cabins.

You shouldn't have to Muster again, unless it's a muster station change - and even then, you usually don't have to do the muster again, just familiarize yourself with your station.

This may vary by ship or captain. On our B2B same muster station and when we asked both the steward and pax services we were told EVERYONE must muster regardless of B2B status. "It's not only information and procedures for pax it's also training for the crew, some of which may have come on at the start of the second leg of your B2B."

So our cruise it was everyone and no one was allowed to leave until all pax on the ship were accounted for in all musters stations.

Not always. We have only done short cruises back to back--once two 4-day cruises and once a 3-day with a 4-day. The first night's and last night's menus were the standard ones but the menus for the other nights varied. We had different productions shows on the 3-day and 4-day cruises. That ship also sailed some 7-day cruises, so I guess the cast wanted to keep to a regular schedule of performing the shows so they wouldn't get rusty. The guest entertainers were different once, but on our other b2b the comedian was the same.

We're travelling a loooooooooooooong way so, to cruise for 7 days doesn't make sense. we want some warm weather and love sailing the Caribbean

We're travelling a loooooooooooooong way so, to cruise for 7 days doesn't make sense. we want some warm weather and love sailing the Caribbean

I fully agree. We too are doing 2 consecutive 7 night Cruises, but on different ships, for variety; so that we can check out the various shows and activities on both MSC Splendida and Costa Mediterranea

We are doing a B2B2B on the Grand in 2019: Mexican Riviera, California Coastal and Hawaii. There should definitely be done different menu options, at least for the Mexican Riviera and Hawaii. I believe they throw in some "immersion specials".:D:D

We have only once done a B2B with a cabin change.

We then emptied the safe ourselves. Can't exactly remember whether or not we kept the safe contents or not, but i seem to recall that we put everything into a Ziplock' plastic bag which we took to the main desk and asked to be put in the ship's safe.

When we have had to change cabins, we have gone down beforehand and introduced ourselves to the new steward (who has probably been told we are B2B and coming). We have asked him if we could put our things in the safe right away when the cabin has been vacated. Never been turned down and didn't have to worry about carrying them around.

We have always had to muster the second time.

My husband and I have done 3 b2b and 2 b2b2b cruises and changing rooms is very simple. Like others have said, you will get a letter in your cabin with the directions and details. The room stewards will take good care of you. We always tip them well. We have never been asked to do the muster drill after the first cruise and the directions say, if you are not attending the drill, please stay in your cabin during the drill. Gladly we stay in the cabin and spend the time relaxing on the balcony with a cocktail.

This may vary by ship or captain. On our B2B same muster station and when we asked both the steward and pax services we were told EVERYONE must muster regardless of B2B status. "It's not only information and procedures for pax it's also training for the crew, some of which may have come on at the start of the second leg of your B2B."

So our cruise it was everyone and no one was allowed to leave until all pax on the ship were accounted for in all musters stations.

Was that a Princess cruise? Other cruise lines have different methods than Princess.

The Princess letter with the information for B2B passengers even says attending muster is optional.

We are doing a B2B2B on the Grand in 2019: Mexican Riviera, California Coastal and Hawaii. There should definitely be done different menu options, at least for the Mexican Riviera and Hawaii. I believe they throw in some "immersion specials".:D:D

Lovely! That's living it up! The Grand Princess is giving a lot of Shipboard credit, Veteran OBC and complimentary drinks

We were on a 41 day B2B2B once.

What repeated:

o Dining room menus (had a chance to eat a favorite again or try something different)

o Production shows

o Cruise Director jokes

o Captain's speeches (and jokes).

What was different:

o The ports. Each segment had different ports

o Entertainers in the showroom other than the production shows