Pianos in your cabin/suite

travling1

I've seen a few cruise pictures where a grand piano is shown in the cabin. Does anyone know of a cruise line/cruise ship that actually does have a piano in your suite ?

Thanks,... .. in advance.. .. .. Gary

All the PH's on all Celebrity ships have a baby grand piano, ones that play themselves via small computer discs.

The Royal Suites on RCI have the pianos. Same for the two story suites on Cunard.

I've seen a few cruise pictures where a grand piano is shown in the cabin. Does anyone know of a cruise line/cruise ship that actually does have a piano in your suite ?

Thanks,... .. in advance.. .. .. Gary

Celebrity has them in the largest suites.

Keith

I wonder if the nearby cabins are sound proofed enough to not be disturbed by the piano playing. It could be bothersome to neighbors if they wish to sleep/not hear it.

In those big suites it's not a problem for the nearby cabins.

Lots of distance involved.

Keith

In those big suites it's not a problem for the nearby cabins.

Lots of distance involved.

Keith

Sorry..but yes it was bothersome to us :eek:...The person couldn't play a note..just banged away..We have been in #9638 a few times on the LOS & INDY right above the RS..we love this cabin and have luckily only had a problem once.

All the PH's on all Celebrity ships have a baby grand piano, ones that play themselves via small computer discs.

The Royal Suites on RCI have the pianos. Same for the two story suites on Cunard.

Do the keys move up and down when it's playing?

Do the keys move up and down when it's playing?

I have one of those Yamaha Grand Pianos in my home, and yes, the keys do move. It's very much like those old fashioned upright player pianos.

I have to disagree with Keith as to others hearing the piano. The Sky Suite next door on Celebrity ships definitely can hear the piano. Heck, you can hear their phone ringing. I had a suite next door to the big suite on Royal Carbbean and could hear their piano very clearly.

On some ships the player pianos have been locked and made disfunctional due to passenger complaints. On a Cunard ship I begged and begged until one of the musicians showed me where they hid the key for a piano in one of the lesser lounges so I could play on a long voyage.

RCCL Mariner Royal Suite has a baby grand. It was a waste of space. In fact there was a lot of wasted space in that cabin. I played it for a few minutes a few times, but I haven't really played in years, so without sheet music it was just snippets of various concertos and standards that I could remember. I only played during the day because I didn't want to disturb anyone.

Archived