Azamara Cabins Thread

uktog

Quick question about bathrooms.

Have just looked at the spreadsheet and negative comments on the cabin (6050) we have been given on the Quest is that it has a very small bathroom? But from my understanding ALL Veranda cabins be they V1, V2, V3 are identical in layout?

First time on Azamara and when booking we took the agents advice on this cabin, mid ship and good location, should be no noise from below and unless we wanted to be on Deck 7 no real difference to a V1 or V2, so is size an issue with bathrooms in general or just in some staterooms, although as stated from looking at the deck plans they are all identical???   

10 hours ago, Hammer61 said:

Quick question about bathrooms.

Have just looked at the spreadsheet and negative comments on the cabin (6050) we have been given on the Quest is that it has a very small bathroom? But from my understanding ALL Veranda cabins be they V1, V2, V3 are identical in layout?

First time on Azamara and when booking we took the agents advice on this cabin, mid ship and good location, should be no noise from below and unless we wanted to be on Deck 7 no real difference to a V1 or V2, so is size an issue with bathrooms in general or just in some staterooms, although as stated from looking at the deck plans they are all identical???   

Bathrooms are the same in inside, ocean view and veranda cabins, (except for accessible cabins). They are small, but perfectly OK. Certainly only enough room for 1 person at a time.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, laurieb said:

I agree, small but perfectly acceptable.  Not a lot of storage space, so be aware of that if you’re like me and bring lots of “upkeep” stuff.  
Location is just fine

I agree about the storage space. I take a couple of hanging organisers and hang them on the two hooks inside the bathroom door. It’s great for things like sun cream, moisturiser, hairspray etc.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
32 minutes ago, USC Adventurer said:

do you know which cabins have larger bathrooms than the 6th and 7th deck cabins?  i'd like to make sure i can get a larger bathroom.

thank you in advance for your advice.

The Suites have larger bathrooms than the standard inside/outside and balcony  cabins.  The Continent Suite has a slightly larger bathroom than the normal cabins  some with baths and shower combo and some with walk in showers (no Bath).  The Spa suite has a lovely bathroom with enormous round tub  and shower  within a large enclosure looking out to sea (the bath takes a long time to fill).  Never been lucky enough to be in the top suites so cannot comment  but if you search  on 'you tube'  you can get a pretty good idea of the size of all cabins/suites  on there.

On 4/17/2022 at 8:52 AM, USC Adventurer said:

do you know which cabins have larger bathrooms than the 6th and 7th deck cabins?  i'd like to make sure i can get a larger bathroom.

thank you in advance for your advice.

After our first Azamara cruise, I decided I really liked the smaller ship atmosphere, but the tiny bathroom/shower was a definite annoyance.  I started digging a bit, and realized that all the R-class ships (Azamara and Oceania) were like this, for all the standard rooms.  So then we tried a couple of cruises on the larger Oceania ships (Marina and Riviera); the standard rooms and bathrooms were indeed substantially larger, but, the shower stalls were still tiny (they also had a bathtub, so that's what we mostly used for showers).  We prefer the Azamara atmosphere overall, so we're putting up with the small shower on two cruises later this year. 

One of these days we may break down and pay for the larger Club Continent room, especially if we can get one with the larger walk-in shower.    

• 2 weeks later...

Azamara Onwards - thinking about booking a Club Continental Suite on this ship but I need one with a walk in shower and not one with shower over the bath.

Can anyone please tell me the cabin numbers of Club Continentals that that just have the walk in showers, are they on port or starboard side?

Many thanks.

7 minutes ago, MAGSMFC said:

Azamara Onwards - thinking about booking a Club Continental Suite on this ship but I need one with a walk in shower and not one with shower over the bath.

Can anyone please tell me the cabin numbers of Club Continentals that that just have the walk in showers, are they on port or starboard side?

Many thanks.

This deck plan shows them. Those with a triangle have a bath, the rest have a shower.

https://www.azamara.co.uk/our-ships/azamara-onward/azamara-onward-deck-plans

Edited by Grandma Cruising
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, MAGSMFC said:

Thank you for your reply.

Have you been on this ship and if so what are your thoughts about it.

Many thanks.

In general, the ship will be very similar to the other 7 "R-class" ships (the three  Azamara, and the four Oceania).  Not as spacious feeling as the newer Oceania ships (Riviera, Marina), with narrower hallways and doors and smaller public spaces.  Passenger orientation is much more on "out and about" in the ports than on luxury onboard, though still striving for a service and food level above the mainstream lines.