Azamara Cabins Thread

uktog

3 minutes ago, Floridastorm said:

Looking at the T/A out of Miami to Lisbon on the Pursuit. Would appreciate a review of either OV Cabin 6030 or 6033. Both are obstructed and are near the elevators. Any appreciable noise from the elevators? Seems as though the obstruction is one of the smaller type boats. Also, I would not imagine there is much noise coming up from the Cabaret Lounge on Deck 5 or is there?

Thanks in advance for any info provided.

Dave

Location is great. I stayed in 6036 and liked it a lot. The obstructed view is between two tenders so you can see out. Would definitely book that category again if I could get a cabin that was not totally obstructed. Fine for one person with great closet space but no place to put room service, so note that.

Just now, ptrpanpens said:

Location is great. I stayed in 6036 and liked it a lot. The obstructed view is between two tenders so you can see out. Would definitely book that category again if I could get a cabin that was not totally obstructed. Fine for one person with great closet space but no place to put room service, so note that.

I forgot to ask. Do these obstructed cabins have couches? Some of the  OV Cabins I've seen on the Pursuit don't seem to have any couches which is strange.

3 minutes ago, Floridastorm said:

I forgot to ask. Do these obstructed cabins have couches? Some of the  OV Cabins I've seen on the Pursuit don't seem to have any couches which is strange.

No room  for a couch. They do have a vanity. But the room is still surprisingly comfortable in my opinion for one person. Plenty of storage space. I think it would be better if they didn’t have a huge bed taking up so much of the room but I understand why that is.

Edited by ptrpanpens

2 hours ago, Floridastorm said:

Looking at the T/A out of Miami to Lisbon on the Pursuit. Would appreciate a review of either OV Cabin 6030 or 6033. Both are obstructed and are near the elevators. Any appreciable noise from the elevators? Seems as though the obstruction is one of the smaller type boats. Also, I would not imagine there is much noise coming up from the Cabaret Lounge on Deck 5 or is there?

Thanks in advance for any info provided.

Dave

Doc1.docx 297.68 kB · 2 downloads

Stayed in  6032 next to 6030. No noticeable noise issues from elevators or Cabaret Lounge which is further forward. 6030 does have the smaller life raft rather than a life boat, so much lighter. Convenience of forward stairs is helpful .

Others may not  like these rooms but speaking  from a two person occupancy I felt that the layout was better than regular OV. Whilst sitting at  the vanity unit there was plenty of room behind for the second person to walk by. Alot of space in front of the wardrobe which is on the small wall at one end, which meant you could open the bathroom without hitting the person by the wardrobe! Happened a few times on regular  OV and Balcony! 

We didn't mis the couch or the small table but have never had room service so cant speak for that scenario.

On Phils recommendation we have  obstructed 6046 for our next cruise which is port intensive but back to balcony for the following two.

• 4 weeks later...

Stateroom Number: 8053

Ship: Journey

Date: Jan 2020

Would you choose stateroom again: No

Is Noise an Issue?: Yes

Balcony Size: Normal for a Club Continent

Location of the stateroom was fantastic; close to all of the dining venues, pool, etc.  Unfortunately, it is directly under the patio. Every chair and table that is moved is dragged across the ceiling of the stateroom. There are better options for Club Continents. 

On 10/9/2019 at 5:20 PM, nordski said:

Cabin Number:  6093

Ship: Pursuit

Date: Sept 21 to Oct.5, 2019

Would you choose again: No

Is Noise an Issue? Yes. When the ship was travelling fairly quickly there was engine vibration which translated into numerous rattles etc.

Balcony Size: Larger than that of a regular verandah

Nordski - Thanks for your comments here. We have this cabin this spring in Europe for 10 days. Any tips you might have would be appreciated. Thanks

8 minutes ago, Malibu88 said:

Nordski - Thanks for your comments here. We have this cabin this spring in Europe for 10 days. Any tips you might have would be appreciated. Thanks

We had 8093 on the Quest and didn’t notice any vibration.  We have 6093 for our Baltic cruise on the Quest again. 

9 minutes ago, Malibu88 said:

Midwestchick : Thanks, comforting. Hoping pursuit will be similar but seems those who have been on other ships in Azamara line find Pursuit a little nosier.....will find out soon and report back.

I’ll have to follow closer.  I wasn’t aware of that.

3 hours ago, Malibu88 said:

Hi!

We had been in 6093 in either Quest or Journey (can’t remember which) and vibration was not a problem so, for us, it was a surprise and unique to Pursuit.

We found that jamming towels in certain areas (such as the ceiling in the closet) helped. Sometimes squeezing wads of paper in certain joints of the wall also dampened particular rattles,

We have podcasts downloaded on our iPhones, so listening to them helped us fall asleep. Can’t comment about ear plugs to block out the noise.

Frankly, it seemed to this amateur’s ears that there might be a vibration originating in the driveshaft as there was considerable noise in the hallway as well. Perhaps that explains there was no response when I mentioned the issue on the interim evaluation form.

On the bright side:

1/  I think Pursuit is going on for a brief dry dock so the problem may be soon addressed. I don’t remember the dates of the dry dock.

2/ Also, on our 14 day B2B the problem was only quite serious on about 4 nights when the ship had a considerable distance to cover and rpm’s were increased.

Perhaps your itinerary includes few, if any, of those longer legs to cover,

3/ You have the large veranda to enjoy.

Hope this helps. If there are any other questions that we can answer please post them.

Despite the noise problem, we loved our cruise.

Hope you enjoy yours as well!

nordski: Sorry for the delayed response. Thanks for the info! Will be prepared now to battle the rattles (small roll of insulating foam tape might do the trick). I believe you maybe correct re our cruise, not many long hauls between ports. Going Lisbon to Southhampton over 10 nights. Seems to me we had the wonky drive shaft vibration on Coral Princess right before one of the engines pooched leaving us bobbing like a cork off the coast of Alaska!! Fingers crossed on that not happening again. Thanks for the offer to answer questions appreciate the insider info.

54 minutes ago, Malibu88 said:

nordski: Sorry for the delayed response. Thanks for the info! Will be prepared now to battle the rattles (small roll of insulating foam tape might do the trick). I believe you maybe correct re our cruise, not many long hauls between ports. Going Lisbon to Southhampton over 10 nights. Seems to me we had the wonky drive shaft vibration on Coral Princess right before one of the engines pooched leaving us bobbing like a cork off the coast of Alaska!! Fingers crossed on that not happening again. Thanks for the offer to answer questions appreciate the insider info.

You are welcome!

That sounds like a wonderful itinerary. Last spring we sailed a similar Barcelona to Greenwich route and you are correct, few long stretches. We loved that series of ports.

Just to clarify, I have no nautical expertise to support the drive shaft theory. But since we have not experienced the same level of vibration on Quest or Journey, some mechanical issue seems possible.

The tape idea may well prove useful.

• 3 weeks later...

Cabin:  8065

Ship:  Pursuit

Date:  5 Jan 2020

Choose Again:  No

Noise: Very Little.nothing disturbing.

Balcony Size: table, three chairs. Tiny.

This cabin is under the Windows Cafe and is across from a crew door. We heard nothing from the cafe and murmuring after we got up from people around the crew door.

The big issue was nonstop toilet issues aft of the elevators on the starboard side on all passenger and crew decks. It happened on the cruise before ours and the cruise after ours.

Cabin: 7086

Ship: Pursuit

Date: 20 Jan 2020

Choose Again: Yes 

Noise: None.

Balcony Size: table, three chairs. Larger than normal because it was handicapped accessible.

This cabin was in a perfect location just off the aft elevators and three doors from the laundry room. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/19/2019 at 11:12 PM, uktog said:

Azamara cabin spreadsheet Mar 19.pdf 272.89 kB · 784 downloads

Here is the updated spreadsheet so far orientation etc seems to be ok

Try looking at the spreadsheet in the quote. It has information about 6090.

Edited by Host Grandma Cruising

Hello all, We are booked on the Pursuit 5/4/20. We had booked a GTY interior and they "upgraded" us to oceanview 4014. I noticed a upgrade offer in which I could bid on two different balcony classes and I submitted a bid on each, albeit a near minimum bid. My question, if not awarded the bid, does anyone know about 4014 being so forward of the ship? I have always been midship or aft. Thoughts?

We had 7006 on a Lisbon to Rio cruise in November and it was fine. We had a bit of rocky weather for the first few days until we left the Canaries, but we were fine. Being on Deck 4 is better than higher decks in rough weather and 4014 is not right at the front.

Edited by Host Grandma Cruising

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/25/2020 at 8:46 PM, wjfan417 said:

Currently in 8011 on the Journey on B2B cruises next year.  I’m a little concerned about elevator noise and was wondering if anyone has any insight. Considering moving to a P2 category.

You won't hear the elevator noise at all. I've stayed near them a number of times. You are under the pool deck, but it's quiet in the area above you. Of more concern if it were me is the fact that it's an adjoining cabin and will have a connecting door. 

My own opinion?  I'd save some money and move down to a V1deck 7. You don't get the Plus amenities, but unless you really need them I don't think they are worth the extra. You also take pot luck in a P category with the pool deck right above you. Some of it's quiet, other parts not so much. 

Phil 

On 5/22/2020 at 8:17 PM, barry3040 said:

Any Recommendations for PURSUIT, for a Club Veranda Stateroom V3 on Deck 6?

Starboard side aft which is over the restaurant. I like it there. I stayed port side aft and moved because the kitchens are underneath and I heard noise. That was Pursuit. 

Phil 

26 minutes ago, excitedofharpenden said:

Starboard side aft which is over the restaurant. I like it there. I stayed port side aft and moved because the kitchens are underneath and I heard noise. That was Pursuit. 

Phil 

The cabins nearer the stern on port side are also over the restaurant and we found them to be fine.

17 minutes ago, Bloodaxe said:

The cabins nearer the stern on port side are also over the restaurant and we found them to be fine.

Yep.  Anything further back than 6076 should be ok. I was in 6068 I think and was disturbed during the night. I moved over to 6071 on the other side and it was fine.

Phil