Azamara Cabins Thread

uktog

On 12/18/2020 at 5:58 AM, bobbyd6363 said:

Booked our Azamara Journey Black Sea cruise for Jun 2022 then stumbled onto this blog!

Darn - I read all 32 pages and the spreadsheet.  Now I am concerned about our Verandah Plus Stateroom #8035 and the noise from above.  Should we change staterooms now while there is still availability?

8035 is midship. I was in 8022 on a transatlantic and had no problems at all.  There was no noise from the pool deck above.  I really like deck 8 as it is a quick walk up one set of stairs to the pool and buffet, and just one more for the Lounge.

• Like 1

As all know, the Jun 19 cruise on Pursuit was cancelled so we booked the July 10 Greek Intensive cruise. We took room 7001 which is forward and under the bridge. We agreed since this is a port intensive trip. Any comments or suggestions? We checked the spreadsheet but it was not mentioned.

• 1 month later...
On 3/14/2021 at 11:02 AM, ltcTN said:

As all know, the Jun 19 cruise on Pursuit was cancelled so we booked the July 10 Greek Intensive cruise. We took room 7001 which is forward and under the bridge. We agreed since this is a port intensive trip. Any comments or suggestions? We checked the spreadsheet but it was not mentioned.

• We were in 6001 for a cruise to South America.  While we loved the space, we were unable to use the balcony.  While we were at sea the wind at the front of the ship make it impossible to sit outside.  The door cannot be opened because the wind blows everything off the tables.  And when docked it’s frankly, unpleasant as there is no sea view at all.  Also, there is relatively little sea view from inside the cabin unless you’re standing.  I think you will miss so much of the beauty of the Greek Isles in this suite. Personally, I’d book a Club Continent Suite for this cruise. 
  •  
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Cabin:   7054

Ship:   Quest

Date:   20 February 2022

Choose Again:     Y

Noise:    Very Little

Balcony Size:    Normal

Quite nice.  Close to attendants closet, so a little noise during the afternoon, but tolerable.

• 1 month later...

I have had quite a bit of time in the last year (like so many others) so I decided to update the cabin reviews document. It started as a project just for myself; however, with cruises restarting soon 🤞I want to share this with others especially since I have benefited so much from the work of others.

I believe it was originally started by @uktog and then updated by @Grandma Cruising.  Many thanks to them for their great work which I used as a base.  I then pulled any information about specific cabins I found as I was back-reading threads on this board (did I mention I had free time?) 

I am posting it as a pdf and as a docx for greatest flexibility.  I have the file in pages as well so if someone would like it in that format, post here and I can add it.  I hope this is helpful.

Cabin Reviews 2021.pdf Cabin Reviews 2021.docx

Edited by mchell810
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4

8 minutes ago, mchell810 said:

I have had quite a bit of time in the last year (like so many others) so I decided to update the cabin reviews document. It started as a project just for myself; however, with cruises restarting soon 🤞I want to share this with others especially since I have benefited so much from the work of others.

I believe it was originally started by @uktog and then updated by @Grandma Cruising.  Many thanks to them for their great work which I used as a base.  I then pulled any information about specific cabins I found as I was back-reading threads on this board (did I mention I had free time?) 

I am posting it as a pdf and as a docx for greatest flexibility.  I have the file in pages as well so if someone would like it in that format, post here and I can add it.  I hope this is helpful.

Cabin Reviews 2021.pdf 1.21 MB · 1 download Cabin Reviews 2021.docx 185.71 kB · 1 download

Wow!!  Good work!

• Like 1

I was still looking after this but as there had been so few updates I hadn’t posted the updates. 
If Mchell would prefer to take over this task and keep it up to date for all the ships that’s fine by me. 

45 minutes ago, uktog said:

I was still looking after this but as there had been so few updates I hadn’t posted the updates. 
If Mchell would prefer to take over this task and keep it up to date for all the ships that’s fine by me. 

I don't mean to usurp your work in any way, this really did start as a project just for me.  If you prefer to continue that is fine, or if you prefer to hand it off to me that is OK as well. Your call.

• 2 months later...
4 hours ago, bobbyd6363 said:

As I mentioned in an earlier post, we are booked in a Verandah Plus Stateroom (8035) but am wondering if it is a good idea to upgrade (while there is a 60% off second passenger deal) to a Club Continent Suite.  Thoughts?

A Veranda Plus is just an ordinary balcony cabin with extras, other than the forward or aft facing ones that have a bigger balcony. If the deal is good and the price is right then the CC Suite is a much better bet, more room, bigger balcony and a much better bathroom. Some have walk in showers, which we prefer, others bath tubs so you need to choose which one you prefer.

37 minutes ago, Riocca said:

A Veranda Plus is just an ordinary balcony cabin with extras, other than the forward or aft facing ones that have a bigger balcony. If the deal is good and the price is right then the CC Suite is a much better bet, more room, bigger balcony and a much better bathroom. Some have walk in showers, which we prefer, others bath tubs so you need to choose which one you prefer.

Definitely much more space in the bathroom, no funky shower curtain grabbing you, not to mention more space in the cabin, and no pay access to the other dining rooms. 

Alice 

10 hours ago, Bernergirl said:

Definitely much more space in the bathroom, no funky shower curtain grabbing you, not to mention more space in the cabin, and no pay access to the other dining rooms. 

For all of which you pay significantly more, as with most things in life.  And the shower curtain has never "grabbed" me.

5 hours ago, marinaro44 said:

For all of which you pay significantly more, as with most things in life.  And the shower curtain has never "grabbed" me.

We have traded comments about shower curtains before. I do particularly dislike them, but other than that .... I did not bother saying we cannot fit my husband's rollator in the room so he may use it and he cannot use the toilet as his right knee does not bend; making the space rather unusable for us. I'll spend the extra and have him able to use the room and be comfortable.  Also, handicapped cabins are unnecessary unless you are in a wheelchair or scooter fulltime and should be saved for those who truly need them. If you can afford it the CC suite can be a good buy on the sale esp. when you factor in the restaurants. 

Edited by Bernergirl
adding to comment
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Bernergirl said:

We have traded comments about shower curtains before. I do particularly dislike them, but other than that .... I did not bother saying we cannot fit my husband's rollator in the room so he may use it and he cannot use the toilet as his right knee does not bend; making the space rather unusable for us. I'll spend the extra and have him able to use the room and be comfortable.  Also, handicapped cabins are unnecessary unless you are in a wheelchair or scooter fulltime and should be saved for those who truly need them. If you can afford it the CC suite can be a good buy on the sale esp. when you factor in the restaurants. 

Really sorry that your husband has issues such that he cannot have a stateroom smaller than a suite on an R-ship.  Not everyone has such issues, and many find those non-suite staterooms quite satisfactory, even with the shower curtain.

On 8/6/2021 at 8:12 PM, bobbyd6363 said:

As I mentioned in an earlier post, we are booked in a Verandah Plus Stateroom (8035) but am wondering if it is a good idea to upgrade (while there is a 60% off second passenger deal) to a Club Continent Suite.  Thoughts?

If you can make the price work for you then I agree with what Riocca has said. The Club Continent Suites are measured at one and  half times the size of a standard balcony cabin. It doesn't sound much, but makes a big difference in the cabin, particularly the bathroom and space at the end of the bed. The balcony is wider too, but just as narrow and the extra space out there, aside from an extra chair, isn't that noticeable. 

Phil 

• Like 1

On 8/6/2021 at 7:23 PM, Riocca said:

I think the only V Plus cabins that might temp me are the very aft ones. Have been in them twice (on decks 6 & 7), before they got the Plus designation. Balconies a little bigger and love that aft view.

Betsey

1 hour ago, Mackdogmolly said:

I think the only V Plus cabins that might temp me are the very aft ones. Have been in them twice (on decks 6 & 7), before they got the Plus designation. Balconies a little bigger and love that aft view.

Betsey

We did 28 days in an aft deck 7 cabin when Pursuit was Adonia with P&O having the bigger balcony was great and we love the wake view but the cabin area is the same as any balcony cabin. Of course at the time there were only balcony cabins on deck 8 the CC suites were added by Azamara after acquiring the ship. One bonus was that with P&O the aft cabins were the lowest grade of balcony cabin which made them good value.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi cruisers

We are just about to book on Azamara Journey for next year Meditteranean after deciding to move our Pursuit cruise due to pandemic situation in South Africa.  Only second time on Azamara but have cruise RCI numerous.  Thinking about a club continent suite.  Any suggestions on best location.  Only suites left are deck 8.  

Many thanks 

• 3 weeks later...

Cabin Number: 7073

Ship: Quest

Month/Year sailed: August/September 2021

Would you choose this room again: Yes

Is noise an issue: No

Balcony size: Normal

Any other comments: Almost mid-way between front and back staircases, so a brief walk to both, but handy once you know which way you have to go. Good views from the balcony. In good condition. If you need dark conditions to sleep, then bring something to tape over the air-conditioning light, which is small but quite bright. 

On 9/7/2021 at 5:35 AM, Huntingdon1701 said:

Cabin Number: 7073

Ship: Quest

Month/Year sailed: August/September 2021

Would you choose this room again: Yes

Is noise an issue: No

Balcony size: Normal

Any other comments: Almost mid-way between front and back staircases, so a brief walk to both, but handy once you know which way you have to go. Good views from the balcony. In good condition. If you need dark conditions to sleep, then bring something to tape over the air-conditioning light, which is small but quite bright. 

We keep a roll of black tape in one of our suitcases.

A small piece does the job admirably on the air conditioning light.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Do all Club Veranda cabins on deck 7 have a tub/shower combo with shower curtain? We have previously sailed only in club continent suites but this time we decided to save the extra $ as the Greece intensive cruise has only one sea day and we plan to be off the ship in all of the ports. This cruise is on Journey June 17th 2022.

38 minutes ago, yogagal47 said:

Do all Club Veranda cabins on deck 7 have a tub/shower combo with shower curtain? We have previously sailed only in club continent suites but this time we decided to save the extra $ as the Greece intensive cruise has only one sea day and we plan to be off the ship in all of the ports. This cruise is on Journey June 17th 2022.

No tub, just small shower with curtain.