How many days until your next cruise??? Part 2

Host Kat

1 hour ago, geoherb said:

21 days until I start my next cruise to the Panama Canal (partial) on the Caribbean Princess. This will be my second time leaving DH at home and going solo.

Are they just not interested in a particular itinerary or cruising in general?

8 hours ago, clo said:

Are they just not interested in a particular itinerary or cruising in general?

He has to work. We're both retired, but he's gone back to work on a contract basis: April through August and October through January. Last summer I took my first solo cruises, back to back from Vancouver to Whittier and back. As long as I can find deals with low single supplements and good prices, I'll go without him. We did have a great time on our 16-day transatlantic from England to Fort Lauderdale in September/October.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, geoherb said:

He has to work. We're both retired, but he's gone back to work on a contract basis: April through August and October through January. Last summer I took my first solo cruises, back to back from Vancouver to Whittier and back. As long as I can find deals with low single supplements and good prices, I'll go without him. We did have a great time on our 16-day transatlantic from England to Fort Lauderdale in September/October.

To work or not to work,that is the question.I had a forced retirement but I was way too young in my opinion to retire.I worked for that company 25 years.I found that job by opening up the yellow pages with my eyes closed,picked a page and still with my eyes closed chose a company,called and asked if they had any job openings and they could not believe what I did.They called me in for an interview and hired me immediately.

After my forced retirement I opened The NY Times to the employment section and saw an interesting ad for something I never heard of before.I got an interview and talked them in to hiring me.I worked for a year.After that I took a job in a totally different industry and worked till I wanted to retire.

• Like 1