Program Replacing C and A Savings Certificates

I just put a cabin on hold on the Indy for March, 2015. On my confirmation page, it said I'm getting a $322 discount because I'm a C & A member. Since I'm only gold, to me, that's pretty good. Question for me, though, is what is the fine print? Is it or is it not combinable with a Next Cruise certificate. Also...the member area under special offers shows no results when you search for a cruise, so I guess that stuff isn't loaded in yet, so I was "flying blind" when I found that discount.

The C&A discount has been combinable with the Next Cruise OBC for some years now. My guess is that it's still combinable, though we won't now for sure until we start getting reports back.

Or it might be your balcony discount if you were looking at a stateroom with a balcony.

Yes--that could be it. However, it did not exactly equal that amount. I am not sure if they take the discount before or after they do the taxes and fees.

One thing I will miss if RCL is just going to add in any discounts without breaking them out, is knowing what the discount is. [if that makes sense]:confused:

i.e. Sometimes I look at a cruise because the price is good and then I see a certificate on the C and A site. If they do not list the discounts anywhere I would have to do a dummy booking for any cruise I like. Arrg.

Was able to manually search and save $106pp for a D4 balcony on the Oasis for May 10th, 2014. (Was originally $809pp, got it down to $703pp).

This was for Diamond level C&A, so you folks that are higher up will probably see even bigger savings I'm assuming?

Question for me, though, is what is the fine print? Is it or is it not combinable with a Next Cruise certificate.

Fine print from the RCI Website... I also see 409 cruises. The cruise I checked, my Diamond Balcony Discount was NOT combinable with this new program (per C&A Rep and fine print). Keeping the Diamond Balcony Discount was a better deal for us than the discount under this program by about $20 total. Obviously, the original cabin price versus the current cabin price plays a large role in this calculation.... a change in the port taxes may also affect your decision.

NEW! CROWN & ANCHOR SOCIETY EXCLUSIVE RATES

Being a Crown & Anchor Society member just keeps getting better! Our Crown & Anchor Society Exclusive Rates offer you great rates on over 100 cruises to the Caribbean, Bahamas, Europe and more!

More savings.

Discounts applied instantly.

New sailings added regularly.

*Terms and Conditions apply.

Crown & Anchor Exclusive Rates are valid for new bookings only. Offer is not combinable with any promotional offers or discounts with the exception of NextCruise Onboard Booking Bonus. A valid Crown & Anchor Society membership number must be provided at time of booking; offer will be removed and current cruise fare will apply to a reservation that does not meet offer requirements. Prices are per person, cruise only, and based on double occupancy. Offer is subject to availability and may be withdrawn without notice. Royal Caribbean International reserves the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions and to change or update fares, fees and surcharges at any time without prior notice. ©2014 Royal Caribbean Cruise Ltd. Ships registered in the Bahamas.

Edited by suncityga

So is the list of 409 sailings arbitrary? I keep selecting sailings from the list and I am not seeing any discounts. I checked and I am indeed logged it. I did notice an Oasis sailing I had my eye on actually went up in price.

Same here. I did a couple of mock bookings logged in and no discounts even though they were included in the list of 409.

I think there are still things to be worked out. I find it hard to believe that they would have sailings on almost 2/3 of their sailings.

Same here. I did a couple of mock bookings logged in and no discounts even though they were included in the list of 409.

I think there are still things to be worked out. I find it hard to believe that they would have sailings on almost 2/3 of their sailings.

I saw "Discount" after selecting the stateroom and then going to the link 'view summary of charges' below the total price.

I saw "Discount" after selecting the stateroom and then going to the link 'view summary of charges' below the total price.

I see a discount on one of my existing sailings too, but I believe it to be the Senior discount because it exactly matches the Senior discount on my booking invoice. It would be nice it they would label the discount type, but it appears that is too much information for us to have.

Edited by clarea

I see a discount on one of my existing sailings too, but I believe it to be the Senior discount because it exactly matches the Senior discount on my booking invoice. It would be nice it they would label the discount type, but it appears that is too much information for us to have.

My discounts shows as CAS rates

Is that on the website, or a booking invoice?

I have one line that says "Discount". For Guest 1, it is the sum of the balcony discount and senior discount. For Guest 2, it is just the senior discount.

Mine too

Is that on the website, or a booking invoice?

I have one line that says "Discount". For Guest 1, it is the sum of the balcony discount and senior discount. For Guest 2, it is just the senior discount.

Bob, it says it on my booking invoice, I don't see on the web where it says CAS discount

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Bob, it says it on my booking invoice, I don't see on the web where it says CAS discount

Thanks, for a minute I had hope that they were showing the CAS Discount on the website.

Was able to manually search and save $106pp for a D4 balcony on the Oasis for May 10th, 2014. (Was originally $809pp, got it down to $703pp).

This was for Diamond level C&A, so you folks that are higher up will probably see even bigger savings I'm assuming?

DW searched and found C&A coupons for our IOS sailing next year. Saved $148.

The C&A discount has been combinable with the Next Cruise OBC for some years now. My guess is that it's still combinable, though we won't now for sure until we start getting reports back.

It was also combinable with special fares, such as residency rates.

I logged in, clicked CAS - Special Offers

First time - no "button" to see cruises

Second time - showed over 600 cruises but no discounts (did not try mock booking)

Third time - shows 0 cruises

I think I am going to have to just wait a bit, maybe a day or so, and look again. It clearly is not working properly and is already typical RCI confusing.

Thanks, for a minute I had hope that they were showing the CAS Discount on the website.

Bob,

It looks like they are, they just aren't labeling it as such. I just did a mock booking for a random cruise in 2015, and when I pulled up the summary of charges pop-up it shows a $225 discount on my fare but it just says "discount".

When I pull up one of my booked cruises and click on the "make a payment" button, it also shows the $225 discount amount.

Does this mean that you can't use these offers if you book through a TA? Or will a TA be able to see these discounts when booking?

You can use the discounts with a travel agent.

Nothing on the UK site as yet..... and without specific dates for when discounts will be offered this is going to become even more obsessive.... will generate more visits to their site....

Still nothing on the UK site.

I still see the old savings certificates page, which shows the old terms but is blank.

I can however see an offer for the RCI credit card (available to NA residents only), and a link to the 'Crown & Anchor® Preview Sale' (available to NA residents only)

Nice one Royal! nothing like a good tease. (This is what you could have :p )