Onboard Announcements Poll

Should RCI keep onboard announcements?  

240 members have voted

1. 1. Should RCI keep onboard announcements?

• Keep 'em all. I love 'em.
    • Keep only the Captain's noon announcement. It's the only one worth hearing!
    • I don't care.

there was a thread discussing the announcement that rci is going "announcement free" including the captain's noon announcement. Let's show rci how we feel!

wonderful idea. Wish there was a "No Announcement" answer.

Edited by Proudmom1120

Im on my phone and cant see the poll but I an the minority, I love to hear the announcements. When we are in our cabin and someone starts talking on the speaker, I run to my door and open it so I can hear whats going on.

Lets indicate how old we are, those that are pro announcements and those that are con announcements. Im 47 and love them.

js

I enjoy the Captains announcements...however hate when I have to open my cabin door to hear them...I'd like the option of being able to turn that dial and hear them in cabin when I want to.

I agree. I hate running to open the door to see if it is something that I want to listen to or not.

Guest maddycat

I'm thrilled that RCI finally listened and stopped the constant announcements. However, I did always enjoy the captain's noon announcement. That is, when I could hear it. Many passengers would talk loudly during the noon announcement. At times, I wasn't near a speaker or the acoustics were poor.

I'm fine with having the captain's announcement recorded and available on the in cabin TV. I can listen to it at my convenience.

My personal opinion, Captain once a day, Cruise Director 3 a day, and emergencies. No Bingo or art auctions.

This.

I find that the Captain and Cruise Director announcements can help set a tone for the cruise. The other stuff just feels like advertising.

It also means no more "Bing Bong". :(

No announcements is missing from the choices. That would be my choice as I can never understand what they are saying anyway. It just amounts to noise.

Maybe if you did understand what was being said you would see the value in it... maybe.