Room Service menu for Suite - that much better?

dcl1710

Hi - just reserved a suite for an upcoming cruise. Is the room service menu better than a BD room? Also, does the drink package give you the 40% discount on wines in the MDR? We are doing the suite for the balcony in Alaska, the other benefits are extra.

Princess has a pretty limited menu for most classes of cabins. Full suites can order from the menus in the main dining room.

For breakfast, most cabins get a hang tag that offers pastry, cereal, egg sandwich, fruit, yogurt (a bit like an extended Continental breakfast). Full suites are offered a wider variety including eggs cooked-to-order, breakfast meats, pancakes/ waffles, etc. Full suites also have the option of going to Sabatini's for breakfast which is a lovely way to start a day.:)

• Like 1

The room service menu you'll find in the in-room guide is the same as in all other cabins. The fact that those is suites can order anything they wish from current MDR menus for breakfast, lunch and dinner greatly expands room service offerings. The hang-tag you can hang on your door knob before retiring for the evening is expanded also.

Lew

• Like 1

The room service menu you'll find in the in-room guide is the same as in all other cabins. The fact that those is suites can order anything they wish from current MDR menus for breakfast, lunch and dinner greatly expands room service offerings. The hang-tag you can hang on your door knob before retiring for the evening is expanded also.

Lew

If you don't receive a copy of the lunch and dinner MDR menus in your full suite each day, just ask the steward. We love dinner on our balcony but just be aware that everything is delivered at the same time so by the time you get to the entree (if you have the appetizer) it might not be real hot. Make sure to have breakfast at Sabatinis -- it is only available to folks in full suites and is the best way to start the day!

Edited by capriccio
  • Like 1

We like to sleep late so we go to Sabitini's 30 to 45 minutes before they close so we aren't real hungry at lunch and just order a salad or split something. But many times I forget that you need to order lunch before they close at 1:30.

When we order MDR dinner in our cabin, I order by course so everything is hot. It works great for us - we eat slower. It ends up costing me more in tips but the room service staff are super.

We like to sleep late so we go to Sabitini's 30 to 45 minutes before they close so we aren't real hungry at lunch and just order a salad or split something. But many times I forget that you need to order lunch before they close at 1:30.

When we order MDR dinner in our cabin, I order by course so everything is hot. It works great for us - we eat slower. It ends up costing me more in tips but the room service staff are super.

That's a great tip. Order the appetizers, then the entree as two separate orders. Double the tips but things stay warm/cold.

• Like 1

I had any time dining by default. Did not want to fight the crowds on the first night so ordered my prime rib dinner for the suite. Really is a nice perk. On another cruise, I even ordered fish and chips from the "pub". Said it couldn't be done, but did receive it. Not as hot as if you are there.

MDR doesn't open until 7:30 if you decide you wanted to order something hot (like oatmeal) for breakfast. This was on a port day.

Princess has a pretty limited menu for most classes of cabins. Full suites can order from the menus in the main dining room.

For breakfast, most cabins get a hang tag that offers pastry, cereal, egg sandwich, fruit, yogurt (a bit like an extended Continental breakfast). Full suites are offered a wider variety including eggs cooked-to-order, breakfast meats, pancakes/ waffles, etc. Full suites also have the option of going to Sabatini's for breakfast which is a lovely way to start a day.:)

You can actually write in other stuff. I've asked for bacon and received it. Just be careful how much bacon you ask for. If you ask for (2) you won't get 2 strips. You'll get 2 orders and it's more than you might expect. 2 orders isn't 4 strips - it's a lot.

If I was staying in a suite I'd opt for breakfast in Sabatini's -- IF I could get up early enough. :rolleyes:

And the last morning in a suite you can get breakfast delivered (not in other cabins).

Having breakfast in your suite that last morning was a highlight for us. No last minute running around.

You can actually write in other stuff. I've asked for bacon and received it. Just be careful how much bacon you ask for. If you ask for (2) you won't get 2 strips. You'll get 2 orders and it's more than you might expect. 2 orders isn't 4 strips - it's a lot.

If I was staying in a suite I'd opt for breakfast in Sabatini's -- IF I could get up early enough. :rolleyes:

Sabatini's is my breakfast choice as well. I know that it is heresy, but I am not a fan of room service (anyone's room service). I like my food really, really hot, :eek:and that just never seems to happen with room service.

I do, however, like afternoon tea in the room.:)

Hi - just reserved a suite for an upcoming cruise. Is the room service menu better than a BD room? Also, does the drink package give you the 40% discount on wines in the MDR? We are doing the suite for the balcony in Alaska, the other benefits are extra.

The responses given refer to a Full Suite. If you have a Mini Suite then you receive none of what has been posted by others.

Regarding the beverage package here is the text: "Take advantage of our All-Inclusive Beverage Package which includes any individual beverage item, such as soda, water, cocktails, spirits, wines, beers, coffee and tea, up to $10 (retail value). Bottles of wine are NOT included in the package; however, when purchased in the bars, dining rooms, or in the stateroom, will be available at a 40% discount from the menu price. Applicable to all bottles below $100 retail. Note: This package is available for consumption at all bars, public areas and dining venues (not room service and excludes mini bar items). Price includes service charge.

Package does not apply to Sun Princess, Sea Princess and Dawn Princess or Diamond Princess and Golden Princess voyages departing from and returning to Australia."

The cost is $56.35pp/day tip included, and is purchased for the entire cruise only.

Our experience in suites on Princess has only been a 3 times and the last time was on the Golden in a Vista. Correct me if I am wrong but in all our suites the only place to eat if you ordered from room service was on the balcony table or on the small coffee table. Do any of Princess suites have a dining table inside?

Edited by land lover

• 7 months later...
Since it's included in the auto tips we pay daily I don't feel compelled to double tip.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I didn't think Room Service had a tip added to it because there is no cost to having room service delivered. We always tip a couple of bucks to the person delivering the order.

This is what happened to us. We had a late light lunch. Sabatini's is wonderful. Wonder what they will do with suite breakfast when they close Sabatini's.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I didn't think Room Service had a tip added to it because there is no cost to having room service delivered. We always tip a couple of bucks to the person delivering the order.

What cruzsnooze meant is that the daily "autotip" that goes to every onboard account is also shared by room service personnel.

Since they do share in the autotip, giving a tip each time there is a delivery to your cabin, you are tipping them a second time. Many passengers feel they deserve this extra tip.

You do get the hang tag, but you also get a yellow menu set on your bed each evening for ordering room service breakfast.

THANK YOU!I now know to look out for it. It's noted on my Cruise Tips Notepad No. 2, I filled 1 and this current 1's also getting a bit full, better go buy another notepad! :D