Liberty...searching now possible man overboard

As we were disembarking this morning , my husband looks at me and said " can you imagine walking off this ship without Grant?" We have a 16 yr old son. Can't even imagine the grief this family is feeling right now.

We are sitting at the airport and wondering what could have few comments from the cabin attendants . Several said that alcohol was involved . Who really knows at this point .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As we were disembarking this morning , my husband looks at me and said " can you imagine walking off this ship without Grant?" We have a 16 yr old son. Can't even imagine the grief this family is feeling right now.

We are sitting at the airport and wondering what could have few comments from the cabin attendants . Several said that alcohol was involved . Who really knows at this point .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

While RCI, like Carnival, can release a statement, based on permission from corporate legal, of what the video shows, since this is a fact, I find it sad, but ultimately human, for crew to be dispensing what is at best hearsay. Without a BAC reading, regardless of what sales receipts and surveillance video shows, you cannot say one way or another whether alcohol affected the decision to do what he did.

I am so sorry for the family's loss. My prayers are with them.

On the railing comments, I just wanted to say that the railings are about bar height. Being that I am only 5'0, when I stand at the railing they are chest high on me as I can just rest my arms. I say this to myself every time I hear of someone going over, they couldn't have fallen overboard.

Keeping the family in my prayers.

Just got off. not sure if this has been cleared up. The person jumped from deck 12 by adventure ocean club. He was a 43 year old male from the US. We once again docked at terminal 18.

and other passengers said 16...who the heck knows for sure?

I think your timing is just "off". It seems a bit insensitive to be hashing out what you think would be a better protocol on an active MOB thread. The quibbling back and forth with what you think is right isn't appropriate right now (and comes across as annoying due to the circumstances. Sorry), that's all.

There is a stretch. Active MOB thread? Is anyone on this thread actively searching and an off topic post distrupts the search? or more accurately your voyeurism of it?

Canadian? What are they doing down there???? :confused:

Canada has interests beyond Canadian waters. Not all of the US warships are within US waters. I've seen an USCG ship in Cabo.

Edited by Cuizer2

This is what I found as I just googled it. News states 47 year old man

MIAMI (CBSMiami) – The Coast Guard is searching for a man who went overboard from cruise ship as it neared its South Florida home port.

Sunday night, around 9 p.m., a passenger onboard Royal Caribbean’s Liberty of the Seas reported that they saw another guest go overboard.

The ship was approximately 20 miles off of Marathon.

“A review of the ship’s closed-circuit camera footage observed a 47-year-old male guest from the U.S. climbing over the railing and going overboard from deck 12,” according to a statement from Royal Caribbean International.

The ship, along with the Coast Guard, searched through the night but didn’t spot the man.

Early Monday morning, the Coast Guard advised the ship’s crew that they would take over the search and they could resume its journey to Port Everglades.

They cruise line has not released the man’s name or who he may have been traveling with.

Agree, just thought that if someone saw, at best they would at least know first name if friend hanging out with, at worst give a description. What I mean is if I saw a teen go overboard, there must be a way I could say to security, okay I saw teen rough age range and whether male or female. Surely the manifest could pull up all passengers that sex and age range and then look at pictures and identify? All pictures are in their system.

I agree each ship has protocol, and need to know who is missing. Just with video which I understand they have to have in case of mob, I would have thought that they have some sort of facial recognition on board, for security purposes.

Not all the people who fall off of a cruise ship smile at the camera on the way down.

You don't know who saw the person go overboard. If it is a 16 yr old, they could have been out with someone they met on the ship, not their family. The Captain wants to make sure he knows who is missing.

We can speculate all we want but the ship has a protocol that it is following.

I believe the quote in red is what started people saying it was a 16 year old. The OP said if, not that it was a 16 year old.

Prayers for the family.

Edited by Hmonster

This is terribly sad no matter the age or circumstances. We all look forward to our vacations for the relaxation and happiness it brings...I couldn't imagine what the family is going through and having to continue on to disembark without them.

My prayers go out to them....

I believe the quote in red is what started people saying it was a 16 year old. The OP said if, not that it was a 16 year old.

Prayers for the family.

Actually it was this quote - earlier in the thread - which started it

latest word is the missing person is 16...of course,lots of speculation going on right now.

latest word is the missing person is 16...of course,lots of speculation going on right now.

Prayers for the family.

I was going off of what was posted by PH8 from what she was hearing from people texting her from the ship.

It is a terrible tragedy no matter the age of the person.

I was going off of what was posted by PH8 from what she was hearing from people texting her from the ship.

I did say twice,it was not confirmed............My friends were told that by a crew member.......I imagine lots of chaos and rumors were flying like crazy..

allegedly 16...still not confirmed yet.

I did say twice,it was not confirmed............My friends were told that by a crew member.......I imagine lots of chaos and rumors were flying like crazy..

I know you did, that is why I said in my original post "if it was a 16 yr old". I am not trying to throw you under the bus at all, just pointing out to HMonster that it was something that was stated in this thread.:) Not really sure what HMonster's point was to begin with.

I know you did, that is why I said in my original post "if it was a 16 yr old". I am not trying to throw you under the bus at all, just pointing out to HMonster that it was something that was stated in this thread.:) Not really sure what HMonster's point was to begin with.

“A review of the ship’s closed-circuit camera footage observed a 47-year-old male guest from the U.S. climbing over the railing and going overboard from deck 12.

The location of the ship at the time the guest went overboard was marked on the ship’s Global Positioning System (GPS), and the ship,

along with the Coast Guard, conducted a search for the missing guest,’’ Royal Caribbean said in its statement.