Can I bring on my own shampoo and conditioner?

sassafrass

Nothing has to be "sealed"!!! Bring your own toiletries....I recommend it! The stuff provided on ships is not the best quality, and may not work for you. I bring my own shampoo, conditioner, bar soap, lotions and hair dryer.....I want to look GOOD on vacation!

Lets clear the air on the OPs question. Yes, you can bring shampoo, conditioner and most other items (with the exception of the limitations on alcohol). However, if you are flying to the port you need to pack the liquids in checked luggage (unless you have bottles that contain no more then 3.4 ounces). The cruise lines have no restrictions on items like shampoo. In fact, if you want to bring gallons it is fine :). Once you are off the plane you can move those items (or buy new stuff) to your carry on luggage to bring onto the ship.

Hank

Edited by Hlitner

There's one other possibility....when talking about "sealed" they mean to be sure that the lids are tightly closed due to pressure differentials aboard an aircraft. But other than that, no prob.

my solution to that is to cut some plastic wrap and place it between the opening and the cap before placing the entire bottle in a plastic baggy. ( I also bring extra to use on the trip home so I am not having to save the bit that has gotten all slimey)

I go NOWHERE without my WEN.

• 2 weeks later...
my solution to that is to cut some plastic wrap and place it between the opening and the cap before placing the entire bottle in a plastic baggy. ( I also bring extra to use on the trip home so I am not having to save the bit that has gotten all slimey)

I go NOWHERE without my WEN.

Hahaha! Me too! I love the travel packets.

I buy sample size bottles of my favorites. Put them in a heavy duty ziplock bag and pack it in a suit case. Sample sizes so I don't feel bad tossing them out at the end of a cruise. Heavy duty (freezer) plastic bag as experience has shown that lighter construction doesn't always work :(.

I saw this on the RC website today:

"Note: All guests must comply with TSA guidelines for transporting liquids."

Does that mean we are following the 3-1-1 rules on cruise ships now? I cruised once before, three years ago. We flew in, so we were in compliance with that rule. This time, we are driving to our departure port. I had planned on bringing full sized bottles of shampoo, etc. Will this be OK? Does anyone know if the cruise industry has decided to adopt TSA standards?

Does that mean we are following the 3-1-1 rules on cruise ships now? I cruised once before, three years ago. We flew in, so we were in compliance with that rule. This time, we are driving to our departure port. I had planned on bringing full sized bottles of shampoo, etc. Will this be OK? Does anyone know if the cruise industry has decided to adopt TSA standards?

Sure is burried. In the FAQ, Onboard policies, "What is Royal Caribbean International's Age Policy?", Alcohol Policies section. Also in answer to "Can I bring liquor or non-alcoholic beverages (from home or from a port) onboard?".

Which makes me wonder what RCI is trying to say.

Regardless, I believe TSA allows full size shampoo etc. when in checked luggage.

Presumably RCI is asking that liquid containers over 3oz be placed in checked baggage.

Edited by broberts

I'm thinking they're referring to those people who are arriving directly to the ship from flights, or leaving directly to a flight from the ship.

Just as a reminder.

Edited by Shmoo here