Is 5 day cruise too short for Bermuda?

Girlsmom

Itinerary shows Royal Caribbean grandeur of seas from Baltimore to Bermuda only has 24 hours actually docked in Bermuda-- is that enough time too see/do anything on Bermuda?

Is it worth another $1k to do a 7 day carnival pride to Bermuda?

Edited by Girlsmom

Must you leave from Baltimore? If you can make it up to Boston or NYC you could take one of Norwegian's ships to Bermuda. They stay docked two nights there, which would essentially give you two and half days there in Bermuda.

I like the Grandeur, but if my purpose in taking the cruise was to see Bermuda, I would look at NCL.

Let us know what you decide.

RCI used to do a 7-night on Grandeur with 3 days in Bermuda. That was one of our favorites and we did it a couple of times. Now they've changed those itineraries and the 5-night with 2 days is what they do. (We did that once a few years ago on Explorer). We've also been on a Liberty itinerary with a 1-day port of call there. Grandeur leaves out of Balitmore. Anthem which now does the 1 day port of call leaves out of Bayonne, NJ. Other lines leave out of NY.

My point in this is that we've experienced all the forms of itineraries and our personal opinion is that Bermuda is such a wonderful place that 2 days would be the absolute minimum we'd recommend, and 3 would be the way to go if you can.

Celebrity Summit does a 3-day in Bermuda with an early AM day 1 arrival and a late afternoon day 3 departure, which is the longest in port duration I am aware of. This leaves out of Port Liberty. I'm pretty sure that is the only remaining 3-day in Bermuda itinerary being offered by the cruise lines. We're looking into that for this summer.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

Itinerary shows Royal Caribbean grandeur of seas from Baltimore to Bermuda only has 24 hours actually docked in Bermuda-- is that enough time too see/do anything on Bermuda?

Is it worth another $1k to do a 7 day carnival pride to Bermuda?

It's really two port days in Bermuda. I realize you don't arrive until 1pm on the first day, but that does give you time to do some touring. We did the caves and aquarium the first day and a snorkel excursion on the second day.

Bermuda was great with the smaller ships that could dock at Hamilton for a couple of days, then head to St. Georges for a day. I used to do this on the former Celebrity Zenith and once on Homes Lines Atlantic.

These days, with the mega ships it is far less convenient. Even twice on QE2 we had to dock at Kings wharf and tender in.

It is what it is. Otherwise, less than 7 days in Bermuda is a waste.

Okay, I did do a 6 night on QE2 to Bermuda in 2001, but 26 knots makes up for it!

Bermuda was great with the smaller ships that could dock at Hamilton for a couple of days, then head to St. Georges for a day. I used to do this on the former Celebrity Zenith and once on Homes Lines Atlantic.

These days, with the mega ships it is far less convenient. Even twice on QE2 we had to dock at Kings wharf and tender in.

It is what it is. Otherwise, less than 7 days in Bermuda is a waste.

Okay, I did do a 6 night on QE2 to Bermuda in 2001, but 26 knots makes up for it!

I did that cruise on Zenith from NYC and it was good.

HAL's Veendam still cruises to Bermuda from Boston and docks in downtown Hamilton which many people like.

I sailed NCL Dawn last summer Boston to Bermuda and we docked at the Dockyard and I had no problem about it.

It's too bad the ships don't stop at St. Georges but no reason to not go there except I don't think there is as much there now as when the ships used to either dock or tender there. I liked St. Georges when we docked there on Zenith.

I cannot see the point of sailing to Bermuda for one day. Yes, I know people love the sea days but the price is too high to sail essentially to nowhere. The per diems in Caribbean are considerably lower for verandah/good category cabins.

I did the 5-day Bermuda from NJ with the one overnight in Bermuda. We had the kids with us (youngest was 2.5), so it was just the right amount of time for us to spend a day and a half at the beach and the rest of the time enjoying the ship.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by Bound4Bermuda