One more benefit bites the dust.

We're just told that the upgraded amenities for 350 points or more that. the suites get is now the awful smelling crap that everyone gets. Bars of soap so thin hubby has to put 6 together to make s bar. One more thing down the drain. Suites do not get upgraded ones either. This stuff smells like stinky weeds. Same crapy ones that are now on celebrity.

Edited by gagirl7143

We're just told that the upgraded amenities for 350 points or more and the suites not get the awful smelling crap that every gets. Bars of soap so thin hubby has to put 6 together to make s bar. One more thing down the drain.

I never use the ship's provided little soap bars. Simple to just toss a full

size bar of my choice from home into my luggage to use for the week.

We're just told that the upgraded amenities for 350 points or more that. the suites get is now the awful smelling crap that everyone gets. Bars of soap so thin hubby has to put 6 together to make s bar. One more thing down the drain. Suites do not get upgraded ones either. This stuff smells like stinky weeds. Same crapy ones that are now on celebrity.

Who told you that? When do you sail?

I never use the ship's provided little soap bars. Simple to just toss a full

size bar of my choice from home into my luggage to use for the week.

I am picky about my soap so I bring my own.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk

Are you on a ship right now?

• 1 month later...

Are you on a ship right now?

I know this was originally posted the end of April but wanted to clairify, since we were on the same cruise as the OP, that Gilchrest and Soames products were available. They were in our cabin and were also available upon request. OP is referring to Jewel TA.

I know this was originally posted the end of April but wanted to clairify, since we were on the same cruise as the OP, that Gilchrest and Soames products were available. They were in our cabin and were also available upon request. OP is referring to Jewel TA.

I just received them on the Enchantment. I was on for seven nights, a 3 nighter and a 4 nighter. My cabin steward brought fresh ones EVERY DAY.

We were on jewel from 28 April through the 13 May one as well. The Gilcreat items showed up a couple of days into the second cruise. Elijah, the chief housekeeper told me that the supply had been delayed as the last shipment was inferior product. I explained that on the first cruise we were told that there were no more upgraded product for suites or D+. He apologized and said it was a mistake and would be available as soon as the product arrived , which it was. We were in aJS first cruise and owners suite the second. So we will see when we board her again for b2b in Oct.

We were on jewel from 28 April through the 13 May one as well. The Gilcreat items showed up a couple of days into the second cruise. Elijah, the chief housekeeper told me that the supply had been delayed as the last shipment was inferior product. I explained that on the first cruise we were told that there were no more upgraded product for suites or D+. He apologized and said it was a mistake and would be available as soon as the product arrived , which it was. We were in aJS first cruise and owners suite the second. So we will see when we board her again for b2b in Oct.

But what you posted initially was incorrect according to your second post. The benefit has not been removed. I'm not sure why you even started a thread.

Edited by Coralc

Suites get bath amenities from L'occtaine. I was lead to believe they are fairly high end ...

We sailed 5-29-16 on the Allure. L'occtaine were our bath amenities and were excellent compared to what we had during our 4-2016 cruise on the Oasis. Our daughter that sailed with us said this was an upscale product. Especially liked the shampoo and soap bar that was square and thicker than the previous soap provided.

Hearing how people bring their own stuff from home....

I'm curious to know how that affects the ship's plumbing and wastewater systems and if that contributes to issues that I hear complaints about. I would imagine much like a ship has specially designed toilet paper to go through the waste system without clogging things up, shampoos and soaps they provide on ships may be 'low-sudsing' so as to not cause issues.

Now I DO bring my own shampoo and conditioner, primarily because I get regular keratin treatments and need to use a special shampoo to keep from stripping it out...but the shampoo IS a low-sudsing non-sulfate shampoo.

Just curious about that, as I would imagine one of the reasons people want to bring their own is because they don't think the ship soap 'cleans' them enough due to low suds.

NO..the toiletries are nothing special for ships....bring your own stuff. DON'T bring your own toilet paper, tho!

And don't flush ANYTHING but the toilet paper....no tampons, no diapers, no KLEENEX....that WILL clog up the works!

The ship's water is so soft, that everything "suds" forever...just use a lesser amount than you would at home!

Edited by cb at sea

I loved the old little bottles of soap shampoo and rinse that used to be provided in the suites

In fact we always had a couple left over and I would pack away and bring home........

During the winter months during a cold spell I would take them out and shower and think of cruising.

Must be some magic in those little bottles to make you dream about being on a ship and cruising.

Makes time go fast till the next cruise.

Well kinda sorta....

Just a quick get a way.

Safe travels.

Suites get bath amenities from L'occtaine. I was lead to believe they are fairly high end ...

Higher end then grocery or drug store toiletries, but not the end all be all. Don't get me wrong, I like them (and buy them) but certainly no where near Oribe or even The White Shop.

My last three cruises have had L'Occitane. It was great as it saved me a ton of space. I was able to travel carry on only for two and three week trips. If it's that "mounted on the wall dispenser" or cheap-o 50's era motel junk I bring my own. If I know I will get L'Occitane or similar I'll just use that.

Edited by ducklite