When do I get Elite perks?

Go-Bucks!

In 2018, I'll be in a full suite, on a 7 day cruise, which will earn me cruise credits 15 and 16. I know that you become Elite at credit 15 and then the perks begin with the next cruise, but is it different when you earn the 16th along with the 15th? :confused:

It is my understanding (from other posts seen on this site) that you will only receive your elite benefits once you have COMPLETED your 15th cruise ... so since your 15th cruise won't actually be completed before your 16th cruise, it looks as though you will have to wait. However, you will still receive the suite benefits, which are somewhat similar to some of the elite benefits if that helps.

I will be on my first cruise so... bottom of the barrel for now.:( Anyone have a link to what the levels are and what the benefits are they could post?:)

https://book.princess.com/captaincircle/membershipBenefits.page

Gold

You will automatically achieve Gold status upon completion of your first cruise and enjoy the benefits every time you return to us.

Ruby

Upon completion of your third cruise or 30th cruise day with us, you will be recognized as a Ruby Member of the Princess Cruises Captain's Circle.* In addition to your Gold Member benefits you will also receive exclusive Ruby benefits.

Platinum

Once you complete your fifth cruise or 50 cruise days with us, you graduate to Platinum level membership*. Enjoy all the benefits of Gold and Ruby status, plus additional Platinum exclusives on your sixth through your fifteenth cruises with us.

Elite

Complete 15 cruises or 150 cruise days with Princess and we are pleased to present you with Elite membership*. At this level, you are entitled to all Gold, Ruby and Platinum benefits, plus an exclusive Elite package designed to give you the ultimate in rewards and recognition.

In 2018, I'll be in a full suite, on a 7 day cruise, which will earn me cruise credits 15 and 16. I know that you become Elite at credit 15 and then the perks begin with the next cruise, but is it different when you earn the 16th along with the 15th? :confused:

You have to complete 15 cruise credits to be Elite. With the full suite, you are earning your 15 & 16 simultaneously. So you will be Elite on your next cruise yet.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I will be on my first cruise so... bottom of the barrel for now.:( Anyone have a link to what the levels are and what the benefits are they could post?:)

https://book.princess.com/captaincircle/membershipBenefits.page

Gold

You will automatically achieve Gold status upon completion of your first cruise and enjoy the benefits every time you return to us.

Ruby

Upon completion of your third cruise or 30th cruise day with us, you will be recognized as a Ruby Member of the Princess Cruises Captain's Circle.* In addition to your Gold Member benefits you will also receive exclusive Ruby benefits.

Platinum

Once you complete your fifth cruise or 50 cruise days with us, you graduate to Platinum level membership*. Enjoy all the benefits of Gold and Ruby status, plus additional Platinum exclusives on your sixth through your fifteenth cruises with us.

Elite

Complete 15 cruises or 150 cruise days with Princess and we are pleased to present you with Elite membership*. At this level, you are entitled to all Gold, Ruby and Platinum benefits, plus an exclusive Elite package designed to give you the ultimate in rewards and recognition.

Should have said, you will be blue card.

You have Elite on your 16 cruise. It takes 15 cruises to make elite.

If your doing a B2B that is #15 and #16 . You'll get after the first cruise.

If you earn your #15 an #16 . elite starts on #17.

OP is not on a B2B. Is earning two credits on the same cruise by being in a full suite.

It might just depend on how many days you have.

We went to join a 14 day cruise in a suite with 14 prior credits and 147 days and would have had 16 credits and 161 days at the end of the cruise.

When we went to check in, the agent could not initially find our cruise card and had to go and get it from another desk. She returned with an envelope which contained a black card and a letter explaining that they had accelerated our progress to Elite.

When I checked on my account it showed that I had been credited with a phantom cruise of 4 days (which took us to 151 days, but there was no additional cruise credit.

My conclusion was that we were accelerated because we had almost qualified under both criteria and would otherwise have qualified under both criteria at the end of the cruise.

In the event the only difference it made was that we had an extra mini-bar set up so, if I were the OP I wouldn't be too concerned either way.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It might just depend on how many days you have.

We went to join a 14 day cruise in a suite with 14 prior credits and 147 days and would have had 16 credits and 161 days at the end of the cruise.

When we went to check in, the agent could not initially find our cruise card and had to go and get it from another desk. She returned with an envelope which contained a black card and a letter explaining that they had accelerated our progress to Elite.

When I checked on my account it showed that I had been credited with a phantom cruise of 4 days (which took us to 151 days, but there was no additional cruise credit.

My conclusion was that we were accelerated because we had almost qualified under both criteria and would otherwise have qualified under both criteria at the end of the cruise.

In the event the only difference it made was that we had an extra mini-bar set up so, if I were the OP I wouldn't be too concerned either way.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That's interesting. I have never heard of Princess doing that before.

That's interesting. I have never heard of Princess doing that before.

I am sure that whilst it might have been unusual and unexpected, it was not that exceptional as the letter appeared to be a standard letter.

I simply concluded that, as we were in a suite and had all the Elite benefits plus other minor benefits, it was one of those things that they did simply because they were able to do at virtually no cost.

As far as I am aware, being Elite when you are in a suite offers no advantage other than free internet minutes and a second mini-bar set up and, given the OP is asking about the timing of moving from Platinum to Elite, it follows he/she already gets the internet minutes.

So, as an Elite, who normally books suites, it seems to me that becoming Elite one cruise early when you are in a suite does not make any difference and I don't see why the OP is at all concerned about whether or they become Elite before the end of the cruise.

It was certainly not something I even thought about when we were in a similar situation and I do not see how it is going to have any noticeable effect on their cruise experience.

....When I checked on my account it showed that I had been credited with a phantom cruise of 4 days (which took us to 151 days, but there was no additional cruise credit.

Oops, just checked in my cruise history. I did get a cruise credit for the 'phantom' cruise and the days for the phantom cruise took me to exactly 150 days and not to 151 days as I earlier reported.

The entry showed a cruise to the same destination as the cruise I was joining, with the additional days and cruise credit shown, but with the box for the ship's name blank.

FWIW, these credits were not subsequently deducted from the 15 days and 2 credits I received at the end of the cruise and the days and credit for my 'phantom' cruise are still included in my cruise history total.

This got me thinking because we are booked on a long cruise next fall which is really two smaller cruises back to back. So I was wondering if I was missing out on a cruise credit because I booked the longer cruise?

Went to my cruise history and it shows a future credit of 2 for the cruise.

Nice to know the fact I'll be taking two smaller cruises is figured in already. :)