Is anyone else suffering through screwup after screwup on Norwegian?

mamasylvia

I can't help but wonder whether this is their normal business approach or if they just hate me, but everything since the initial booking has been screwed up. They didn't bother to add a wheelchair notation to my first shore excursion, they added insurance I didn't authorize to the bill (opt-out instead of opt-in for additional charges is SLEAZY!), and the latest example is when they refunded the insurance charge, they split it as $337 to the card I made the final payment of $6900 with, and $219 to my daughter's card that was only used to pay for a $219 shore excursion. And they insist they have to have her full card number to charge it and refund the $219 to my card. (Of course I don't have her card number, and it aggravates me no end that SHE has to go out of her way to fix THEIR screwup. There was absolutely no reason to refund that much to her card, period. If they were refunding cards proportionate to payments made with them, 95% of the total payments were made with my card. If they were refunding to the card that made the last payment, it was still my card and that $6900 charge. It's like someone looked at it and said "let's see, how can we possibly avoid making a simple refund to the card that paid the erroneous charge?"

I sailed on Royal Caribbean 3 years ago and had ZERO problems. And lots of members have sailed Norwegian and I haven't seen any horror stories like we are experiencing. So yes, I feel picked on.

Edited by mamasylvia

OMG!!! The horrors. The humanity.

Any chance your daughter could just send you a check for $219 and be done with it? Or are you worried that she's not good for it.

Consider yourself fortunate. They have refunded all of the money that is due to you (the collective you) and you (collective again) are not out anything.

OMG!!! The horrors. The humanity.

Any chance your daughter could just send you a check for $219 and be done with it? Or are you worried that she's not good for it.

Consider yourself fortunate. They have refunded all of the money that is due to you (the collective you) and you (collective again) are not out anything.

LOL, that's the response I visualize NCL giving. They just aren't that great at handling passenger's money (taking forever to refund, refunding to the wrong person or account).

Much ado about nothing. If you can't figure out between you and your daughter how to transfer $219 dollars maybe you should rethink shared cruises.

But at the end of the day we are still left with the fact that they shouldn't have to figure anything out, NCL should have gotten it right.

Much ado about nothing. If you can't figure out between you and your daughter how to transfer $219 dollars maybe you should rethink shared cruises.

beside the point. why should they be required to expend extra effort to get the money back where it belongs?

In the grand scheme of things this does not seem to be a very big issue. No doubt somewhat frustrating but hardly an earth shaker.

We cruise on most cruise lines. We had no issues with NCL. Come to think of it we have not had any significant issues with any of them. Sure we have had a few accounting mishaps but nothing worth truly bothering about.

If you are not happy then simply vote with your feet and with your wallet on the next cruise.

Edited by iancal

NCL's customer service has really taken a hit under the new CEO. It used to be that they asked if you wanted the insurance and then they started automatically adding it. ....

Our PCC still asks if we want insurance. We say No and it is not added.

We prefer third party insurance which covers air as well and has higher evacuation coverage.

You must know something I don't know. I reread the OP's post and I see no mention of a TA.

Reason number 798 to have a TA then. A half decent one would sort this all out for you. They have a vested interest in making you happy, ie: your future business. The cruiseline order taker couldn't care less.

It's easy to say this is no big deal when you're not the one dealing with it. While the OP may be overreacting a little with the idea that NCL hates him or her or is actually picking on the OP, he or she still has reason to be frustrated. I spent 33 minutes on hold with Delta CS today and I was frustrated by that. Not a big deal to any of you who are saying the OP has nothing to complain about, but a frustration to me since it was 33 minutes I could have been fully focused on my work instead of listening to their elevator music. I just don't get why some CC members feel the need to belittle someone's concern just because they apparently wouldn't be frustrated by the same issue. :rolleyes:

I don't think it's an unreasonable expectation that a company will provide decent service.

OP, sorry you're frustrated. But, I hope you have a great cruise!

> I don't think it's an unreasonable expectation that a company will provide decent service.

Exactly. I actually don't get upset when there is a goof; no one is perfect. A good company does what it takes to get the goof fixed. A sloppy one (like NCL is unfortunately turning out to be) tries to blame the customer or avoid having to do the work to fix it.

Latest status is that they have charged DD's card for the incorrect refund but haven't refunded it to my card.

Example: I ordered a mobility scooter a few weeks ago. When I got the invoice, it showed the wrong color. I called and the person I spoke to immediately put me on hold and called the manufacturer (who ships directly to the customer) to get it changed. When I didn't get a tracking number, they called again and found out it had not cleared customs, and watched for it until it did finally ship. The delay was frustrating but they stayed on top of the problem.

We are not what anyone would call frequent cruisers but I doubt we will ever travel NCL again.

Edited by mamasylvia

Seems to be in any office there's that ONE file where everything goes wrong, no other file just THAT file. Unfortunately the cruiseline's ONE file is your file. Hopefully you will never be THAT file again.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Seems to be in any office there's that ONE file where everything goes wrong, no other file just THAT file. Unfortunately the cruiseline's ONE file is your file. Hopefully you will never be THAT file again.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Agree. I used to work in an Art Gallery that did picture framing. Some orders were just cursed. I wanted to give the customer back the art and say "Just take it somewhere else, this will not end well"!