Princess Diamond doesn't meet the basics

golf mom

I always find these type of responses puzzling,

The entire ship had Noro.

Everyone onboard was upset.

The entire deck had air issues.

Etc,etc.

Especially when someone else on the same cruise comments that they did not experience any of those issues.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

My guess is since the OP has sailed on one of the newer Celebrity ships and also Holland America those ships are a bit more upscale then Princess. Probably would have liked the newer Princess ships. Just a guess.

Good point Joe. Happy thanksgiving to you and Jax....:):):)

Bob

Edited by Woobstr112G

I can relate to some of the comments mad by golf mum about the generally older Princess ships. The cabins can look quite dated and the passageways dingy.

It seems that the comments on the standard of some of the shows has been echoed by others.

They also have made positive mention of some aspects of the ship.

I can relate to some of the comments mad by golf mum about the generally older Princess ships. The cabins can look quite dated and the passageways dingy.

It seems that the comments on the standard of some of the shows has been echoed by others.

They also have made positive mention of some aspects of the ship.

Yes. I agree with that. Princess ships do seem more 'olde worldy' than Celebrity. The decor is different. I have similar perceptions of Holland America cruise line. I'll be on Deck 8 - Emerald. :eek:

I will be on the Diamond in a few days, and you know I will set this straight. Carry on....

Oh, and I love seeing my Princess old-timers the boards - Colo Cruiser, Geoherb, etc. The pros who have gotten around. I never visit the boards unless I am preparing for a cruise, it's nice to see familiar posters.

Sungirl

I will be on the Diamond in a few days, and you know I will set this straight. Carry on....

Oh, and I love seeing my Princess old-timers the boards - Colo Cruiser, Geoherb, etc. The pros who have gotten around. I never visit the boards unless I am preparing for a cruise, it's nice to see familiar posters.

Sungirl

And I am looking forward to your TR. Please check out deck 8 issues pretty please? It will be hot hot hot and I need my air cond :p

Not looking for compensation. The entire 8th floor had air problems. Ship was full. Nowhere to move to. The ship is very old and needs a Reno. There were many other issues other than the cabin. Did not know there was a cruise director till 14 days in. Four great shows, the rest were insulting. Food was good. Rooms are shabby and old fashioned. Not what you expect on a ship these days

The ship is not that old at all actually and has recently had a major refit. I bet you cannot even name the year it came in service.

Did not know there was a cruise director till 14 days in. Four great shows, the rest were insulting.

How did you not know there was a Cruise Director for 14 days but you went to 4 great shows and some insulting ones. You should have received emails prior to cruise from the Captain and the Cruise Director.

Didn't Lee Childers, the Cruise Director come on stage before each performance and introduce himself? This has been common practice on all the cruises I've been on and I would imagine it is one of the Cruise Director's duties.

Been on the Diamond twice, loved both times, great crew, great ship loved every part of it. While I try very hard to not be a Pollyanna I love cruising and am never as happy as when I am on a cruise.

Love the Hapanese bath house on Diamond.

And I am looking forward to your TR. Please check out deck 8 issues pretty please? It will be hot hot hot and I need my air cond :p

We have been on Diamond Princess a few times always on deck 8 Have had a/c not working adequately especially when in the tropics. We always ask for a top sheet so we dont have to use the doona. Worst problem seems to be central cabins (had one couple leave the ship because their cabin was too hot). Have had maintenance fix the a/c on a few different ships, so first step is to report it to customer service. Still dont understand why on most ships the public areas are so cold and the cabin temps are hotter.

Sungirl

I was thinking the same think when I started reading your live!

I always loved your reviews. :)

How did you not know there was a Cruise Director for 14 days but you went to 4 great shows and some insulting ones. You should have received emails prior to cruise from the Captain and the Cruise Director.

Didn't Lee Childers, the Cruise Director come on stage before each performance and introduce himself? This has been common practice on all the cruises I've been on and I would imagine it is one of the Cruise Director's duties.

After hearing who the CD was, I understand the OP's complaints about him. He's one of the least-visible CDs we've ever sailed with.

We have been on Diamond Princess a few times always on deck 8 Have had a/c not working adequately especially when in the tropics. We always ask for a top sheet so we dont have to use the doona. Worst problem seems to be central cabins (had one couple leave the ship because their cabin was too hot). Have had maintenance fix the a/c on a few different ships, so first step is to report it to customer service. Still dont understand why on most ships the public areas are so cold and the cabin temps are hotter.

Thanks for those tips. Ours will indeed be tropical.

I guess I have a different mentality than some on a cruise ship, wear and tear doesn't really bother me. Have you stayed in a hotel room lately? I see a lot more condition concerns in most hotel rooms than I do on a cruise ship, and hotels don't occupy rooms every day and aren't located in the middle of the ocean. As long as it's nothing serious, mold issues in the bathroom etc, some chipped paint or a stain on the carpet I probably wouldn't even notice let alone have it spoil my vacation.

I guess I have a different mentality than some on a cruise ship, wear and tear doesn't really bother me. Have you stayed in a hotel room lately? I see a lot more condition concerns in most hotel rooms than I do on a cruise ship, and hotels don't occupy rooms every day and aren't located in the middle of the ocean. As long as it's nothing serious, mold issues in the bathroom etc, some chipped paint or a stain on the carpet I probably wouldn't even notice let alone have it spoil my vacation.

Totally agree, a ship with around 2,500 people every week, in salt air will show some wear. Who cares.

The Diamond is getting ready for some kind of dry dock, not sure how extensive. An officer came to our cabin a week ago counting lamp shades, he said they will be changed during dry dock. It has been miserably hot in Asia, however, our cabin is remaining nice and cool.

BruceMuzz would be my guess - he has worked for several cruise lines over the years.

Cheers for that,never heard of him though lol.These multi 1000s posters should think of novices like me when using initials.Its like me saying to you what did you think of "the special one",lol,cheers,Brian.