New Cruise Friends

Have you ever met anyone on a cruise and became friends after? Just curious.

When we went on our cruise this summer, both my kids spent a lot of time in the teen program. They still keep in touch with some of them. In fact, my dd (who is the youngest of the group) has about 5 of them (plus her) that have a group text thing going on since then. They have coordinated a gift exchange through the mail. I think this is awesome.

Met people via Cruise Critic Roll Call before a cruise on Navigator in 2013, then met on board and hung out together, and two years later I attended their wedding and joined them for the first week of their honeymoon B2B on Freedom.

We're in regular contact via Facebook, and if I knew for sure I could get the time off from work, I'd be doing the Mediterranean with them this coming summer, too.

I love meeting people on board!

We have met friends on cruises that we have remained cruising friends with over the years. Just got off a cruise this past weekend with two other couples that we met on a cruise and have cruised with several times before - and will be with again in 2017.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

Every. Single. Time! Since my very first cruise, I've always left the ship with at least 3-4 new lifelong friends. All becomeo facebook friends, and the last dose of great friends (They may see this on here!) were from my TransAtlantic cruise... we all still check with eachother and try planning the same cruises in the future.

I would compare it to boating fanatics, Jeep lovers, motorcycists waving to eachother, etc. It's an instant friendship. :)

Have you ever met anyone on a cruise and became friends after? Just curious.

When we went on our cruise this summer, both my kids spent a lot of time in the teen program. They still keep in touch with some of them. In fact, my dd (who is the youngest of the group) has about 5 of them (plus her) that have a group text thing going on since then. They have coordinated a gift exchange through the mail. I think this is awesome.

Facebook has almost redefined the word friend in some minds, but yes. Our first cruise was all about us and celebrating our 25th anniversary, but from our 3rd cruise on we have made many friends we stay in contact with and some we have cruised with multiple times. I'm a big fan of the roll calls there and after 400-700 days I feel like friends with people we don't meet till the cruise!

Yes. Took a cruise this year with our 2009 tablemates. Meeting them again next August. Still in touch with someone from our 2009 cruise.

We had two wonderful couples as tablemates in 2012. We went to visit one of them in 2014, the other couple joined us. We cruised together this year and already planning our 2018 cruise. Too bad they all live so far away.

Cindy

I keep in touch with friends that we met on trips or cruises. I send them a copy of my cruise reviews and some do the same. One couple even booked the same cruise with us and that was great. We have another friend from Australia that is on the April 2018 transpacific, Sydney to Seattle (Explorer of the Seas).

Even if you never see them again, you can keep in touch via email or Facebook.

Yes, we've met many people we keep in touch with. One couple we cruised with about 4 years ago and recently met up with for dinner and drinks when we were in the same beach town. One couple we've kept in contact with via email. The real friends we have made are a couple we have cruised with twice more since and they have stayed with us. The rest are facebook friends and really just acquaintances. They live the farthest away from us but we consider ourselves good friends. They live in B.C. and we live in the US in VA so opposite coasts.

Edited by BND

We've kept in touch with several people we met on our Liberty cruise in 2009 through the roll call. During the cruise, quite a few from our roll call were on the same excursions - and we'd run into each other on the ship. We played trivia with some, as well. One couple we've remained very good friends with - and met when they visited Chicago.

We met another family on our Disney transatlantic in 2011 via message boards and because tablemates for 14 nights. In 2014 we ended up staying with hem in their home in Scotland and this past October they stayed in our home in Texas. We also visited another family a few nights in their home in northern Scotland that same trip in 2014. Definitely friends!!

We are cruising with friends we met on our 2008 Hawaii out of San Diego and have remained close friends. We have cruised with several couples on the same cruise, although we didn't actually plan to go together but just happened to book the same cruise. In fact we will meet this couple again for the 4th time next August and recently cruised together last October

100% YES! Before my Divina cruise in August, I will be flying to Naples and staying with someone I met on a previous cruise. I have friends in Gainesville from my last cruise I plan on making a day trip to to see when I visit family in Florida. Hell, I actually met someone in a forum similar to this, and we graduated towards internet buddies, then penpals, until legitimate friends when we actually met for the first time in Orlando early this month! Cruises, and travel in general, are great ways to meet friends!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We met a couple a couple years ago at our dinner table. We have met them in Niagara Falls, and they have come and stayed at our house, and we have gone to their home. We also cruised together this past year.

Another couple we met in Australia. We met them on the roll call, then at the airport at LAX. We became friends, and went to their home to visit.