Party of 4 wants different dining

Justprettynpink

2 Couples...

men in one cabin and women in another.

The issue, 1 couple wants fixed dining and the other wants anytime.

If one cabin chooses anytime and the other chooses fixed, can two people switch so the couples can eat with the correct partner?

This would be a change for the whole cruise...no daily wishy washy

Honestly - I don't see it will be an issue. If someone asks (Head Waiter), just explain the situation. As long as more people are not going to Traditional dining, it should be fine. A visit on the first day to the Matride will also clear up the situation.

Edited by Coral

I guess there won't be a problem if the passenger who prefers the TD is the primary passenger, and brings the other from the other cabin. On first night, the other passenger can also switch the cruise card with the one assigned to TD. If it posed a problem, this can be referred to the Maitre D' for assistance.

Frankly, when a couple goes to the dining room only one cruise card needs to be presented.

Since each couple will have one AT card and one Fixed card, just have the person with the correct card for that dining room present it.

You are not adding to the usage of either dining room with the switch.

Someone with Anytime dining cannot just show up at the Traditional dining room and sit down. Once onboard, each person can decide what dining they want. If it's not what their booking and/or cruise card says, see the Maitre d' to fix.

This is the correct answer. See the Maitre'D.

The problem with the other solution (show one card only) is that the tables are already assigned. If the person with the TD assignment shows with two people instead of one, there may not be a chair for the extra.

Getting the problem fixed with the Maitre'D is the only way to go. They are very helpful and will have the latest facts concerning table assignments.

The problem with the other solution (show one card only) is that the tables are already assigned. If the person with the TD assignment shows with two people instead of one, there may not be a chair for the extra.

:confused: At no stage did the OP state that three people wanted TD. :rolleyes:

One couple wants TD and the other couple AT.

As long as only two show up for TD, there will be no problem. Simply go to your assigned table and have a seat. They don't look at cruise cards unless there is a seating problem. As for ATD, simply show up and give the cabin number of the ones that selected ATD. Again they don't ask for cruise cards to prove who you are and where you were assigned. It really is not a problem.

As for the buffet comment, another of our "intelligent" fellow cruisers. :rolleyes:

Why not just book into the cabins with the one you want to dine with.

Will it be blokes in one cabin, Sheila's in the other, or are you swapping cabins for some reason?

I'm just puzzled why you're not staying with your partners.

Will it be blokes in one cabin, Sheila's in the other, or are you swapping cabins for some reason?

Maybe we shouldn't ask. :)

Just a guess, but it may have to do with booking perks/drink packages. In my next NCL cruise my group of 3 is split among an interior cabin (bf and me) and a balcony (stepmother). Balcony gets 2 perks and interior gets 1. My stepmother and I both drink and my bf doesn't. So, we booked me and stepmother in balcony with drink package and dining package perk and bf in the interior with just the dining package. This way the two drinkers can drink, and the entire party can eat together with the dining packages. Doesn't dictate who sleeps in which cabins.

I don't know if they get any booking perks like this or if princess has the rule that if one person buys a drink package, both people in the cabin buy the drink package?

Edited by sanger727

Just a guess, but it may have to do with booking perks/drink packages. In my next NCL cruise my group of 3 is split among an interior cabin (bf and me) and a balcony (stepmother). Balcony gets 2 perks and interior gets 1. My stepmother and I both drink and my bf doesn't. So, we booked me and stepmother in balcony with drink package and dining package perk and bf in the interior with just the dining package. This way the two drinkers can drink, and the entire party can eat together with the dining packages. Doesn't dictate who sleeps in which cabins.

I don't know if they get any booking perks like this or if princess has the rule that if one person buys a drink package, both people in the cabin buy the drink package?

On Princess just one can buy a drinks package no worries.

Another guess, the girls' father has made the booking but they are fussy eaters.

Regards John

I would suggest that all four of you request traditional dining for the seating of choice for the two who plan to eat in that dining room on your bookings.

Then once onboard, the two who want Anytime should speak to the Maitre d`on boarding day and request to be switched to AT.

2 Couples...

men in one cabin and women in another.

The issue, 1 couple wants fixed dining and the other wants anytime.

If one cabin chooses anytime and the other chooses fixed, can two people switch so the couples can eat with the correct partner?

This would be a change for the whole cruise...no daily wishy washy

Most answers are making this more difficult than this is in reality. Book one cabin for traditional, one for anytime. The two people who want traditional use those reservations, the other two go to anytime. The headcount and chair count for traditional will be correct.

Most answers are making this more difficult than this is in reality. Book one cabin for traditional, one for anytime. The two people who want traditional use those reservations, the other two go to anytime. The headcount and chair count for traditional will be correct.

I agree completely! Just have the one couple show the card for the correct dining when entering.

Go to guest services and get your cruise cards assigned to the proper occupants with the corresponding dinning times. people frequently break up into two cabins to take advantage of perks like past passenger discounts and such but can switch once onboard.

Thank you all for your responses....I am trying to get my mother to take her first Princess cruise and it is a past passenger/priority boarding issue that we thinking of booking cabins girls/boys.

They just got off a River cruise and enjoyed the anytime dining. I told her that we are going on a bigger ship :-)

I have to decide if saving them money is worth the trouble :-)

Have a great new year!!