Final "bill" at end of the cruise

Dall

We just got off Celebrity Silhouette a few days ago and have realized we did not get the statement that is usually delivered to your door on the final night. We may or may not owe $$ as we had a lot of OBC, has anyone ever not gotten the statement?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

If we don't get a final statement by the time our luggage is picked up (last night), we call or visit the Customer Relations Desk. Unless they tell us that we will have it first thing in the morning, we have them print one out for us, right then. And, we regularly check our receipts against the interactive TV account. But, once we leave the ship, our only proof of that is our printed receipt. So, we insist on having one.

I don't think we always get the statement - not sure if they even do that anymore. The best thing to do is to periodically go online and view your account. Better to resolve any issues during the cruise rather than waiting until the last day, or worse yet after you disembark. Just a suggestion for next time:)

We just got off Celebrity Silhouette a few days ago and have realized we did not get the statement that is usually delivered to your door on the final night. We may or may not owe $$ as we had a lot of OBC, has anyone ever not gotten the statement?
Sometimes we get the final statement printout delivered to our door and sometimes we don't.

We check our final balance on the TV menu on the last morning, especially if we made any last minute purchases which may not show up on the printed statement.

I think I can assure you that you did not owe $$ if you used a cash account, because if you did, a very loud, annoying alarm noise would have gone off when you punched out with your seapass card. You would then have been sent back to pay up before being allowed off the ship.

If you used a credit card account, any remaining balance owed would simply be charged to your credit card.

When we have any remaining unused refundable OBC, it is refunded to our credit card.

Non-refundable unused OBC just disappears, although one time we did have a small amount show up as a credit on our credit card statement.

But without a print copy...you have no basis to review once you leave the ship

On one cruise we went down to the desk to check our bill when what was left under our door ahead of time seemed very odd. We learned that the check in clerk at the pier did not put our credit card on the file. They has us down to pay cash BEFORE disembark...never would have gotten off the ship on time..

We always check the TV file, get a written bill and make sure our credit card is on file sometime during the cruise. Mistakes happen but better to check before the last min.Obviously last min charges can happen but better to have the bill in hand.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We always get it unless they owe me then i get a check.

If I don't get a statement, I take a picture of the television screen with my account information.

If you do not get the printed statement, it it because somehow it did not get to you or is it because Celebrity no longer prints them and distributes them to the cabins?

• 7 months later...

Just off our first Celebrity cruise on the Eclipse. Was surprised not to receive a final account, although, due to obc, we didn't actually owe anything, but that's not the point. Also missed getting a log of the cruise. Don't Celebrity do this?

You need to ask at Guest Relations to get a copy of the statement.

Will do that in December, will definitely owe them money!

What do you mean by "log of the cruise?"

On Princess you get a "log of the cruise" on the final night which details such things as weather, time in ports, names of senior offices and miles cruised. We find it interesting looking back. The only thing I found on Celebrity was a simple note of miles on the last newspaper.

Just off our first Celebrity cruise on the Eclipse. Was surprised not to receive a final account, although, due to obc, we didn't actually owe anything, but that's not the point. Also missed getting a log of the cruise. Don't Celebrity do this?

We were on the same cruise & we also didn't get a final statement. This is the first time in 10 cruises with Celebrity that we have not received one on the final night. Must remember next time to check on the TV just before we leave the cabin before disembarkation..

Marion.

This is from the Celebrity website: Please allow a minimum of 3 business days from the end of your sailing, and then you may contact us at 1-844-418-6824 or via email at celebrityonetouch@celebrity.com to obtain the requested information.

Additionally, as part of our SeaPass® account system, there may be pending authorizations placed on your credit or debit card throughout the cruise in order to verify the availability of funds. These normally fall off within 3-5 business days, however, some banking institutions may take longer.

Likewise, if you feel that you have received a charge in error, after verifying with everyone in your party, we ask that you please at 1-844-418-6824 or via email at celebrityonetouch@celebrity.com so that we may assist you further in this matter.

On a different line a few years ago I found my bill tucked behind the light fixture in the hallway. As a wheelchair user I couldn't reach it an had to ask a passenger going by to get it down for me. If I didn't look up I'd never have seen it.

On my past four Celebrity cruises this year, I have no longer gotten a final statement. I keep up with it on the TV and take a photo of the statement on the morning before disembarkation. There has never been a problem; if there is a charge on my credit card the amount is right, if they owe me money the amount is right. I just don't know why they decided to stop giving a final statement without a word to those of us who were used to getting one...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We always request a printed copy of the folio on the last night.

Getting it delivered to our cabin is hit or miss.

If you don’t get one contact X and they will send you one.

We have been charged a few times for purchases from the mini bar, bar drinks and specialty restaurants. Having the hassle of calling and the usual being on hold we have had them all taken off. Most times it is because they inverted a part of the folio number. The customer that made the charge gets off as they don’t go back after them.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

I thought I'd seen here that you could call Celebrity and get a copy of the final statement. Within a reasonable time frame, I'm assuming.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I have never had a Final Statement delivered. Asked for it at Guest Relations once. Another time, I got home and saw a suspicious charge on my card. I called the Captains Club number, they sent me a detailed account, I talked it through with the rep, and then said “oops! My bad! I forgot about that purchase my wife made!”

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Giving it to only those who request it saves a lot of paper versus giving it to everyone by default, particularly since you can monitor the debits and credits on the stateroom TV throughout the cruise. It's a cost-cutting measure that I can get behind. As others have noted, having a copy also doesn't prevent other charges from being put through and is not really "proof" that you settled your account at all because you've separately agreed to pay for all charges against your room. And, if there is a discrepancy, the printed bill doesn't necessarily even have the level of detail needed to dispute it.