Golden princess lost our bag..Now what?

osteocyte

My princess color tag fell off one time and it was taken to a special area with about 8 bags. Since then I use some packing tap to secure the tag so it can't fall off. My wife has ribbons around the handles so we can spot them easily. There is a tracking device you can place in your luggage so you can find it useing your phone. Isn't technology great???

Tony

We disembarked the golden princess in Melbourne on the 13th Feb 2017. We put out our two suitcases the night before as instructed and only one was there for us at the luggage collection point. We filled out a missing and damaged luggage report. We were rushed off on the princess shuttle to the airport with two other couples who also lost their luggage. I have rung princess cruises and have a referral number to use but they have not yet phoned or emailed me. You would think it should be found by now. I want to know the best way to handle this. My bag had all sorts of stuff in it and it's going to be such a hassle to replace. Has anyone ever had their bag returned to them?

Sorry that you had this experience hope you & your bag are reunited soon. Yes it did happen to us or shall I say my husband's suitcase .after we disembarked in New York City on a princess cruise we could not find my husband's suitcase. Long story short another passenger took it ,they were part of a large group and took our suitcase to their hotel and they would not return it to us at their expense ,so princess had to get involved and they sent a town car after the Suitcase,we paid the driver cash and then princess reimbursed us. So yes somehow fellow passengers can be very rude even if it's their mistake and they take the bag .

Oh by the way we had three nametags on our suitcase on the outside clearly visible. We did have our cell phone number on the suitcase and that's how the person that took the suitcase called us and then we had princess call them to get involved. Yes we had filled out with princess before we left The luggage room a report. The man that took our luggage by mistake was not very cooperative so we just got princess involved as we didn't want him to just to leave our suitcase in the lobby of the hotel and abandon it.

Luckily we were staying in New York City for another night as well as the person that took the suitcase ,so we were reunited the same day as disembarkation.

So -PLEASE look at the tags on your suitcase whether you were on a cruise an airplane or wherever ,you'd be amazed at how simple this task is and how many people don't do it.

I read somewhere to take a photograph of your luggage. Don't know if that would help, but I guess it couldn't hurt.

Been doing this for a time now. One time. we had 2 similar duffel bags in our NY flight when 1 was left in an airport from a connecting flight. While fully describing to the airline staff the luggage features, she told us to just take a picture of the other luggage we had at that time and message to her cell phone the picture so she can send it to her counterpart in the other airport. It facilitated locating our left luggage with the airline baggage tag.

My princess color tag fell off one time and it was taken to a special area with about 8 bags. Since then I use some packing tap to secure the tag so it can't fall off. My wife has ribbons around the handles so we can spot them easily. There is a tracking device you can place in your luggage so you can find it useing your phone. Isn't technology great???

Tony

Love this suggestion. Going to look for it. Once my luggage toured Italy without me for weeks. Bummer. Don't think the tracker would have helped internationally but I love the idea for the terminal. Have spent a lot of time looking for my luggage

Well some good news. I rang princess and ....They have found our bag...But... Need to find out how it happened before they will send it back or ring me. They need to do this to find out who pays for the transport. I am definitely buying some distinctive cabin bags and trackers.

Well some good news. I rang princess and ....They have found our bag...But... Need to find out how it happened before they will send it back or ring me. They need to do this to find out who pays for the transport. I am definitely buying some distinctive cabin bags and trackers.

I'm happy Princess found your bag. It's something I always worry about.Tony

3 days! Glad they found it.

Nice to know!

That's fabulous news!! Hoping they get you your bags quickly and that they don spend too much time investigating!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We left a bag at SF when we departed our cruise. Long cruise and we had an extra bag but we always make sure our bags are labelled with the hotel we are staying at or our on going address externally and inside the bag.

After we arrived at our hotel there was a message waiting for us from Princess saying they had a bag for us at the port could we arrange to pick it up or would we like them to send it out to us, we had the address and the hotel phone number on the tags. Amazing Princess service :)

So always label your bags with an address as well as the Princess colored tags.

Happy to hear your bags have been found.

We had a bag missing after disembarkation in Amsterdam off a Celebrity ship. We really didn't have time to bird dog it too much as we had a tour booked through the cruise line we needed to make. They assured us they would find it and send it to our hotel. After the tour, at the hotel in mid-afternoon, no bag. The hotel was wonderful in helping us trying to locate it as we didn't speak the language. Eventually, it was located in the port lost and found by a very nice employee of the port that got off his rear end and actually went to the warehouse to look for it. It still had our disembarkation tags on it, personal ID tags (2), inside (unlocked bag) on top was a detailed itinerary including hotel and phone number. Basically, we were off the ship and "toast" as far as they were concerned. This was about the third or fourth time we have had bags go missing. Fortunately it is now available to disembark ourselves with luggage which we do if at all possible. I, also, worry when leaving an unlocked bag outside my cabin the last night not that anyone would steal anything out of it but put "something" into it that the little puppies might flag. If I do have to put something out, I use a cable tie on it. While it is easily removed, I'm hoping that any "bad guys" will just move on to the next unlocked bag and leave mine alone. If it is missing, I know to immediately open it and make sure nothing is missing. I do this when flying and checking a bag. TSA is usually the "culprit" and leaves a little love note telling me. However, I know to check the bag before leaving the airport and make any necessary reports if the cable tie has been broken by possibly a baggage handler.. Last flight the cable lock was missing. What was taken? Six lemon bars from a batch I had baked for my son Tacky people didn't even leave a thank you note (lol). I'm just glad they didn't take the whole container because it is a very special one. Next time, I'll put the lemon bars in a container I don't care about!

I ask for an additional tag and put two on my luggage: one on top and one on the side.

Good idea. We also use the luggage transfer(or valet service)that way a mistake(intentional or otherwise from pax grabbing others bags)is less likely to occur.

• 2 weeks later...
Last flight the cable lock was missing. What was taken? Six lemon bars from a batch I had baked for my son Tacky people didn't even leave a thank you note (lol). I'm just glad they didn't take the whole container because it is a very special one. Next time, I'll put the lemon bars in a container I don't care about!

I'd be tempted to make a very special batch of lemon bars in case that happened again. Enough Ex-lax would probably prevent future food theft. :D

Very glad to learn your bag has been returned. My son used a generic soft side black rolling case, only to have someone mistakenly take it on disembarkation. Thanks to the cell phone number, they called, wanted to know if he had taken her bag....no it wasn't his, why would he?

Anyway, yes, buy a distinctive set of checked luggage. I usually go for a bright color, or very bold pattern. But last time it was time to replace the luggage the best deal was on generic silver grey bags. I took some decoratively patterned duct tape and embellished those bags on all sides. Then I took photos with the cell phone. Unless someone is quite sound asleep, there is no mistaking our bags for theirs.....just a suggestion for you.

Our bag arrived home. It appears untouched. Princess paid the freight. The end, well almost, just waiting the 40 days post our cruise for hepatitis e symptoms to not appear.

Why are you worried about hepatitis?

Very glad to learn your bag has been returned. My son used a generic soft side black rolling case, only to have someone mistakenly take it on disembarkation. Thanks to the cell phone number, they called, wanted to know if he had taken her bag....no it wasn't his, why would he?

Anyway, yes, buy a distinctive set of checked luggage. I usually go for a bright color, or very bold pattern. But last time it was time to replace the luggage the best deal was on generic silver grey bags. I took some decoratively patterned duct tape and embellished those bags on all sides. Then I took photos with the cell phone. Unless someone is quite sound asleep, there is no mistaking our bags for theirs.....just a suggestion for you.

We thought we were buying distinctive bags last fall. We bought purple suitcases because it's my favorite color plus we figured they'd be easy to spot. I guess we didn't get the notice that purple is the new black. When we went on our Baltic/TA on the Regal there were probably as many purple cases as there were black ones. Luckily we always put colorful straps around them so they're easier to spot.

... I took some decoratively patterned duct tape and embellished those bags on all sides. Then I took photos with the cell phone. Unless someone is quite sound asleep, there is no mistaking our bags for theirs.....just a suggestion for you.

And here I thought I was so innovative for doing this a few cruises ago when the distinctive multi-colored shower scrubbers on the handles weren't enough to deter someone from trying to take one of our bags. As soon as we arrived home, I bought some crazy patterned duct tape and plastered it everywhere. It's distinctive enough combined with matching shower scrubs that the baggage handlers now usually place our two bags side by side, so they're even easier to find!

I read somewhere to take a photograph of your luggage. Don't know if that would help, but I guess it couldn't hurt.

I always do that and it really came in handy when the stevedores put my luggage in the wrong section. If I remember right, my section was 5 and they put one of our three bags section 15. I showed the workers the picture and they quickly located it. :)

Glad your bag made it back. I wonder why they had to determine who messed up before sending it. I think they should have sent it right away and then worked to determine whether it was their fault or the ground folks' fault.

I paint a bright two colour logo on all our suitcases, in three places on each suitcase - front, back and one side. This makes them very easy to spot and very easy to identify as ours as the logo was designed by me and is appropriate for our surname. In fact we were waiting for one bag to appear at an airport once, with the other bag already collected from the carousel, when one of the airport staff came over to us wheeling the missing bag. Despite the bright logos someone had taken it by mistake but the staff member had spotted the logo on the bag we had collected and questioned the person who had taken the missing bag.

I use artists oil paint for the logo, it stays bright for years, however it needs 3-4 weeks to dry properly when painted, especially if the paint is thick.