Please! Will someone on-board now with Classic package ask for a can of Coke. . . . .

Wiltonian

I Am not sure I understand the various posts as of late about getting 'a can of soda'.

Especially using the Classic Package.

I do understand that packages change from time to time, yet, if 'cans' of soda are no longer available per the package, so be it.

What one gets this sailing may not apply to the next sailing. What about nicely tipping one of the bartenders upon embarkation and let them know what you require, at no additional charge, if there is or is not one? What about scouting out the various drinking and eating venues to find out if there are cans available at NO additional charge while aboard?

One can argue the point upon embarkation that someone on the previous sailing was able to do it, why can't I? It can be argued without even knowing if it is true or not.

Just seems a bit incessant to me, IMO. If it is available, then it will be, if not, then one can always make other arrangements to get 'cans of soda', possibly. If it is for touring purposes, then I Am sure there will be a stop where something can be purchased, somewhat reasonably.

bon voyage

bon voyage

I Am not sure I understand the various posts as of late about getting 'a can of soda'.

I do understand that packages change from time to time, yet, if 'cans' of soda are no longer available per the package, so be it.

What one gets this sailing may not apply to the next sailing. What about nicely tipping one of the bartenders upon embarkation and let them know what you require, at no additional charge, if there is or is not one? What about scouting out the various drinking and eating venues to find out if there are cans available at NO additional charge while aboard?

One can argue the point upon embarkation that someone on the previous sailing was able to do it, why can't I? It can be argued without even knowing if it is true or not.

Just seems a bit incessant to me, IMO. If it is available, then it will be, if not, then one can always make other arrangements to get 'cans of soda', possibly. If it is for touring purposes, then I Am sure there will be a stop where something can be purchased, somewhat reasonably.

bon voyage

bon voyage

So you're suggesting bribing the bartenders is the way forward with them suffering the consequences of possibly losing their job? How about X just considering the wording they use prior to posting the changes to the Classic package, and then you won't have to deal with any of the 'incessant' as you put it.

Pax's actual experiences now the new changes are being implemented would, I imagine, be helpful to most.

bon voyage

bon voyage

I understand this OP's post perfectly and wish I was on a cruise right now to answer. Sadly I am not, so I cannot answer but I, as others, am equally interested in responses if any come from the people this question is directed to. If you don't understand the post/question, perhaps just politely ignore instead of questioning or belittling someone else's post.

IMO there are many many posts on here that could be considered incessant but that is the nature of this forum and it's what keeps it alive.

All points well taken. I truly hope someone on some current sailing read all the posts about getting cans of soda before the rest of us sails so we know if X's 'revised' beverage packages can get what they want or not.

I know that there is at least one other recent post addressing the updated beverage package.

There have been at least two other questions about this very same topic as of recent. There is at least one photo of the revised package offerings posted here on CC and at X's website. Is it not reasonable to accept that changes are happening? Maybe before or after ones sailing?

Sorry if some are offended by the question about the posting. Yet, as already insinuated, I should just overlook these types of questions... just maybe. No intent to belittle, just questioning the number of posts on the topic especially when information about the changes are out there... that is all.

bon voyage

bon voyage

bon voyage

bon voyage

I understand your point, but I don't agree. Fist, the glasses they use for fountain soda is very small. Asking to have it refilled constantly will tie up the bartenders or result in folks going without because the staff is already stretched to the breaking point. Also, I always stop for a can and bring it back to my cabin unopened for later. If this is what is happening, I would want to know in advance so I can bring stock on board. Further, Celebrity (and all other cruise lines) rely on repeat business. When that is the case, they need to manage expectations when things change. Celebrity is not particularly good at that.

*****...someone please answer this question as I don't want this to turn more crazy than it already is...Also, name your ship, as we all know that things are done differently on ships! I hope tips don't become bribes or the other way around. Although, many times that is the way things are done....okay now...a can of Coke with the Classic Package????? I am all ears. They are still cans in MC! So, is the Coke can half full or half empty on this package?

I understand your point, but I don't agree. Fist, the glasses they use for fountain soda is very small. Asking to have it refilled constantly will tie up the bartenders or result in folks going without because the staff is already stretched to the breaking point. Also, I always stop for a can and bring it back to my cabin unopened for later. If this is what is happening, I would want to know in advance so I can bring stock on board. Further, Celebrity (and all other cruise lines) rely on repeat business. When that is the case, they need to manage expectations when things change. Celebrity is not particularly good at that.

If, and that is a big if, there are no more cans then ask for a larger glass. DH enjoys rum and coke in the afternoon and always asks for the largest glass they have & never a problem getting a large glass. I drink Sprite Zero which is not normally in the fountain guns, I'm confident we can get cans.

bon voyage

bon voyage

Well put, I agree. It is what it is. If you don't like the package, upgrade it or there is about, ummmm, a billion other cruise lines out there that you can get a can of soda.

All points well taken. I truly hope someone on some current sailing read all the posts about getting cans of soda before the rest of us sails so we know if X's 'revised' beverage packages can get what they want or not.

I know that there is at least one other recent post addressing the updated beverage package.

There have been at least two other questions about this very same topic as of recent. There is at least one photo of the revised package offerings posted here on CC and at X's website. Is it not reasonable to accept that changes are happening? Maybe before or after ones sailing?

Sorry if some are offended by the question about the posting. Yet, as already insinuated, I should just overlook these types of questions... just maybe. No intent to belittle, just questioning the number of posts on the topic especially when information about the changes are out there... that is all.

bon voyage

bon voyage

"I'll have a Coke."

"Would you like it in the can?"

"No, I'll take it right here."

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

OM...someone please answer this question as I don't want this to turn more crazy than it already is...Also, name your ship, as we all know that things are done differently on ships! I hope tips don't become bribes or the other way around. Although, many times that is the way things are done....okay now...a can of Coke with the Classic Package????? I am all ears. They are still cans in MC! So, is the Coke can half full or half empty on this package?

To can, or not to to can, that is the question:

Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer

The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune,

Or to take Arms against a Sea of troubles........................

To early the roll out schedule for the updated packages that Celebrity posted on here hasn't even hit all the ships yet. Then you have to allow for time to get all the crew on each ship entirely up to speed. Next month probably would be a good time for this post.

I asked a friend on the Equinox as we type, they said cans of soda were covered.

I just got off the Silly this past Sunday and got lots of Coke in a can all week long. And yes, I had the Classic package.

Cans included 2

Cans not included 0