Short Cruises, do you like them?

Would not do a 1 night or 2 night cruise since we have to fly. We've done 3-night cruises before, but rarely. We would normally string a 3 and 4 night cruise together to make the flying worth it to us.

That is one of the benefits of living in Florida. Did a four night in March and have a three night booked in June. It makes for an easy getaway and the price can't be beat. Once we look at hotel and restaurant costs for three or four nights and realize it is an easy drive to the port, we usually pick the cruise option.

One thing we do differently is pack light. Everyone limits it to one carry on. Makes getting off the ship a breeze.

We live near Port Canaveral and enjoy the 3 nights, especially when Enchantment was here. For us, the 3 night cruises are more about relaxing and less about going here or there. We might do MDR or might do Windjammer. We like to sit, read, stare at the ocean, and enjoy an adult beverage. Have never done a 1 or 2 night and doubt I would.

We live near Port Canaveral and enjoy the 3 nights, especially when Enchantment was here. For us, the 3 night cruises are more about relaxing and less about going here or there. We might do MDR or might do Windjammer. We like to sit, read, stare at the ocean, and enjoy an adult beverage. Have never done a 1 or 2 night and doubt I would.

Same here- We actually prefer cruises that are 5 nights or less- we live about an hour from PC

Agree with everyone else -if I lived where I could just jump in my car and be on a ship in a couple of hours, then I would probably do a lot of quick mini cruises,(especially over the weekend.)

We live in South Florida, and I love short cruises, it is much easier to take a long weekend off from work, than to take Monday-Friday off from work. Also, my hubby is now retired, and he would rather play golf with his friends than cruise. It is easier to get him to go with me on a short cruise versus a long cruise! :)

In my opinion, a 1 night repo is different than a 3 night or a 4/5 nighter. We did a one night repo Vancouver to Seattle and it was one of our worst cruises - maybe the worst (not RCI, by the way). It all seemed very rushed, we thought the buffet offerings were quite slim, the staff seemed disinterested... I don't know... :(

I'll say we have been on Princess before and knew what to expect. Sadly, this little cruise-let did not live up to our hopes, for several reasons which I won't go into. We much prefer longer cruises (12 nights), or our preferred back-to-back of any length.

Many people love the short cruises, and all power to them. Enjoy every cruise, I say... life is short and precious. :)

If the price is right, sure. But I live in south Florida and 3 day cruise is great because I basically use no time off at all; maybe 4 hours off on a Friday

4 day cruises though I tend to take the whole week off; and if I do that I'd rather do a 6-8 day cruise.

Don't like short cruises, not even seven nighters. Prefer 2-week TAs, either way, but will settle for an 11-nighter from NYC to the Caribbean. (2-hour bus ride to NYC Is way easier on our old bods than flying to/from Europe with transfers, hotels, etc.)

I live in FL and it can be a perfect get away if I just need to get away from everything. However, if I live far, i don't think I will do it due to air flight price.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Have suitcase, will travel. About 2 hrs to Tampa and a little over 2 hrs to Port Canaveral. Much prefer longer cruises or B2B but a short cruise is better than no cruise. As long as I have my balcony I am a happy cruiser.

We live in Tampa, normally go for 7 nighters- last summer drove down to WPB (~3 hrs) for a 2 nighter on the Grand Celebration. Was fun, but would be much more compelling without over 6 hrs in the car. For you guys that have to fly, I can't imagine doing shorter cruises unless you extend the stay either before or after.

If the price is right, no cruise is too short!

My 2015 Freedom cruise was only a 2-nighter but the price was $332 with $200 OBC EACH for a JS. It was a great cruise and perfect for bringing my oldest daughter on her first cruise. A lot of her friends joined us and it sold them on Royal Caribbean and cruising! :D

When my daughter had to back out, I also wound up going solo on the Harmony 3-nighter first Ft. Lauderdale cruise last November. I had booked it when RCI had those great Harmony rates at the beginning of June last year.

While I'm in Florida, it's almost a 5 hour long and tiring drive to Ft. Lauderdale. So we used to drive down the day before to be nice and rested. Well, since it was only me going on the Harmony, I went by Red Coach Bus the morning of the cruise.

No hotel, no gas & tolls, no meals, no parking costs. Super comfy seats to sleep in. I loved it! Wound up using Red Coach for the whole family for our Thanksgiving week cruise and it still came out cheaper for the 4 of us. Just putting this out there for other Floridians who might be interested.

~ Judy

While I'm in Florida, it's almost a 5 hour long and tiring drive to Ft. Lauderdale. So we used to drive down the day before to be nice and rested. Well, since it was only me going on the Harmony, I went by Red Coach Bus the morning of the cruise.

I've read mixed reviews on Red Coach, good to hear your good experiences with them... certainly seems convenient. There is a lot of travel in FL that is either a long car ride or an flight that is oddly expensive and involves more time at the airport that you'd spend on the road. So, a comfortable/reliable coach service is a good option.