Another AIBP Question

Pzazzz

There is no sticker or anything else visible on your cruise card showing you have the package.

When the bartender swipes your card or enters your number, it shows the package.

Even though the bartender enters the order, the system knows not to charge you for the drink. I would recommend you check your folio on the second day and several times thereafter to see if there are any mistaken charges. If so, you would need to go to Passenger Services to have them removed.

Unless they have recently changed it since January, we had the AIBP sticker already on our cruise card when we checked in. Had to get a replacement card during the cruise a couple of times and also get a replacement sticker.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

No sticker on the Island Princess in April. Ordering at the bar or restaurant was no problem. Our assistant waiter memorized our folio numbers, and the pool deck bartender would just ask for the folio number. We also had no problem getting water, juices, specialty coffee, etc.

Edited by SoCalTraveler
left out "juices"

I had the sticker on my card, thought it was very convenient way to handle it. If they have to now enter each order it must add to their workload. Memorizing the folio number doesn't seem to be an easy answer. Guess i will need to make sure the bartenders and servers recognize me quickly.

I would imagine it is better for inventory control to enter each order and also to help stop "sharing". If you just got a drink at one bar and show up at 3 more bars right away for drinks it would be in the system. The AIBP now states that there is a daily limit on drinks (but doesn't seem to say what that limit is) and I believe that is also due to people cheating on the package.

I would imagine it is better for inventory control to enter each order and also to help stop "sharing". If you just got a drink at one bar and show up at 3 more bars right away for drinks it would be in the system. The AIBP now states that there is a daily limit on drinks (but doesn't seem to say what that limit is) and I believe that is also due to people cheating on the package.

I don't see that wording on the Princess website about the daily limit on drinks. I see it when I do a booking for sip and sale, but not if I go to purchase the package for my next sailing,

I don't see that wording on the Princess website about the daily limit on drinks. I see it when I do a booking for sip and sale, but not if I go to purchase the package for my next sailing,

In another thread someone posted that the daily limit is 12 according to the info from their booking. Is that 12 including juice, coffee, and bottled water? I have two cruises booked under the last Sip and Sail which had no such restrictions. Am I now under the sway of rules that didn't exist when I booked?

In another thread someone posted that the daily limit is 12 according to the info from their booking. Is that 12 including juice, coffee, and bottled water? I have two cruises booked under the last Sip and Sail which had no such restrictions. Am I now under the sway of rules that didn't exist when I booked?

Posts indicate the limit on number of alcohol drinks is 15. No limit on other beverages.

It seems the limit of 15 alcoholic drinks (all others still unlimited) only applies to the sip n sail promo.

Not having a sticker does not increase the bar tenders or waiters workload as even with the sticker they had to enter your folio number.

We got off Crown Princess on last Saturday and we had a blue Princess logo sticker attached to our cruise card to notify that we had AIBP and it was on our card when we were first given it at check in.

We signed-up last summer for an Alaska cruise this coming August, with the sip-and-sail promotion. At that time there were no "limit" notifications...... are they retroactive, or just for future cruises?

I had the sticker on my card, thought it was very convenient way to handle it. If they have to now enter each order it must add to their workload. Memorizing the folio number doesn't seem to be an easy answer. Guess i will need to make sure the bartenders and servers recognize me quickly.

I believe they have always needed to enter the number or scan the card, so this is not new. When Princess first introduced the package they made you sign a receipt for each included drink. Including two receipts if you were getting a drink with your wife's card as well. I figured that process would not last long.

I believe they have always needed to enter the number or scan the card, so this is not new. When Princess first introduced the package they made you sign a receipt for each included drink. Including two receipts if you were getting a drink with your wife's card as well. I figured that process would not last long.

I just had to show my card with the sticker, they didn't take the card to scan it or enter the number. Maybe they were lazy, lol. but it was so easy just showing the sticker.

... Is that 12 including juice, coffee, and bottled water? ...

No, the written text clearly states the limit applies to alcohol. I cut and pasted the text from Princess in a previous post but this morning I'm too lazy to go find it and repost.

We were on a cruise that got held up going into port because of fog and had to linger outside of port for several hours--like it was 4:00 p.m. before we got off. I was thirsty. I wanted a coke. The only money I had on me was $50 bill (DH had lower amounts but he was nowhere to be found) and the bartender did not have change for a $50 S&S cards were no longer being accepted. On the hunt for DH, I ran into SIL who had a soda card with a sticker. Took the card to a bar, got my coke. No questions asked so I can see why the sticker system can be easily cheated.

I just had to show my card with the sticker, they didn't take the card to scan it or enter the number. Maybe they were lazy, lol. but it was so easy just showing the sticker.

That would be a good explanation of why they would do away with the sticker. As Thrak indicated, above, inventory control is very important. The number of bottles emptied in a bar should be balanced by the number of drinks sold. Now, if we are talking about a bartender that you visited multiple times, he remembered you and entered your folio number after you left, that's fine. If drinks are not entered because it is "easier" or because the bartender was "lazy," I would think that the F&B manager would hit the roof.

On the Grand in Feb, we DIDN'T have stickers on our cards. I asked Leo my bartender about the AIBP procedures. He told me once the folio # goes in to his computer, the drink is approved. He then said that the receipt info is declassified. His understanding of this was to release Princess of responsible drinking laws.I asked if I'd be able to get a print out of my drink tally and he said no. Of course this was from a bartender, and not a Princess IT guy. He told me if I left his bar and went right away to the next, there would be no record. As for the constant cheating thread, really, Carnival maybe.

I love the Princess AIBP as my wife doesn't drink and I make up for her. I can easily do 15 beers in a 12hr day. At 210lbs, it takes 21/2 beers in an hour to achieve even a .8 level. Not really a high level of intoxication. I wrote a letter to Princess asking for clarification of AIBP limits and have yet to receive a reply. If someone here has a HARD copy of a "limit" please post it. 19 day cruise coming up next April with only 7 ports and I love my Beer.

Aloha

Posts indicate the limit on number of alcohol drinks is 15. No limit on other beverages.
There is no mention of a limit if you purchase the AIBP. The mention of a limit is in the terms of the Sip + Sail offer which states "A daily limit on alcoholic beverages will apply." but no limit is stated.

Sent from my iPad using Forums