WHO'S ON BOARD: Officers, Staff and Crew: PART 2

C 2 C

On 1/9/2019 at 4:33 PM, chamima said:

Sue (Denning) 's  vacation begins Feb.10.

If I remember correctly CDs get about two months vacation so she might be back for your cruise.

(Of course we're sailing for all of February so I'm hoping the beginning of her vacation gets postponed for 3 weeks or so)

Good to hear that   I will get an opportunity next week to experience a cruise with Sue as a CD.  I am never concerned about who is the CD, but I have read so many nice things about Sue.

40 minutes ago, jagoffee said:

Good to hear that   I will get an opportunity next week to experience a cruise with Sue as a CD.  I am never concerned about who is the CD, but I have read so many nice things about Sue.

You'll love her!

I think we board when you disembark.

On 1/9/2019 at 8:58 AM, PatC said:

Funny you should mention this.  Years ago, I believe on the Zenith or one of the older ships, we saw a wonderful dancer, who happened to be the "clogging champion" in the South.  What a surprise when we went to the Alabama Theater in Myrtle Beach and recognized "Dusty" from the ship.  He was here for years, then wasn't, and now he is back.  He was great.

They have had great entertainment before. It started the careers of many people i am sure

3 hours ago, The Mommy said:

We board on March 3rd so we will miss  her sadly - do you know  who stands in? 

Thank you 

We are on with her from Feb. 1-10 and then without her 😢 from the 10th to March 3 so sometime in those last weeks I'll post who comes on.

(Unless, of course, she postpones that vacation. Hope springs eternal!!!)

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, EnthDegree said:

CELEBRITY SOLSTICE - 17 Jan 2019

9CACC9F0-48E5-4DBE-B9C4-27DCEEF738B8.jpeg

Thanks to Lauren and Mark for this information.

BTW Lewis Power Stannard will take over from CD Lauren on 31 January.

Well - Lauren hasn't lasted very long as CD then. Our Dec 13-23 cruise was apparently her first in the role ...

7 minutes ago, boeckli said:

Well - Lauren hasn't lasted very long as CD then. Our Dec 13-23 cruise was apparently her first in the role ...

CD’s do get holidays! She was shadowing Rich Spacey on Solstice before he left the Company in December.

On 1/13/2019 at 12:33 PM, jagoffee said:

I think we're on board with you jagoffee.  I'm excited to sail with Sue  again.  She was cruise director on board Eclipse 2013 Canary trip we took.  She was the most memorable personality on the ship.  Wonderfully social, funny talented lady!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, rosewood jo said:

Just found out FEB 22 SILHOUETTE is going to have RICH CLESEN  as the cruise director.  Anyone have imput on him as a cruise director...?????

Nice fellow, I had him on two or three of my cruises.  You will like him.

Just heard that Rich Clesen will be the CD on Silhouette for the TA in April.  Anyone have any experience with him in this position?

Three days ago I posted my reply to this similar question: " Nice fellow, I had him on two or three of my cruises.  You will like him."

• Like 1

Just heard that Rich Clesen will be the CD on Silhouette for the TA in April.  Anyone have any experience with him in this position?

Really a nice guy! Very friendly and he truly loves his job. He's the type of CD who really enjoys connecting with passengers unlike some who avoid contact all costs. I haven't cruise with him in a while and really hope that I see him soon.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Orator said:

Really a nice guy! Very friendly and he truly loves his job. He's the type of CD who really enjoys connecting with passengers unlike some who avoid contact all costs. I haven't cruise with him in a while and really hope that I see him soon.

Thanks!! :classic_biggrin:

9 minutes ago, dx052 said:

Any ideas who will be the CD on Reflection in March? cheers 

They have been changing ships very quickly and a number have left the company and have been replaced by new CDs. It's difficult at best to guess who will be on unless the CD tells you. They often joke that they read Cruise Critic to find out where they are going.