Diamond vs. Diamond Plus

You declare how many cruises you have taken on a daily basis and it does nothing to justify your comments.

Thank you for your interest in us.

Someone posted about people posting when they don't know what they are talking about.

I will respect and take on board comments made by experienced cruisers who do know what they are talking about just like me.

Some people on here are very helpful and i will give advice readily if asked too which surely is the predominant reason for posting or reading CC.

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app

Ouch

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

An anonymous person on a message board can post their so called cruise history as much as they want, but how do you know they are telling the truth? There are people who post on these boards everyday who are constantly posting inaccurate information. I am not going to take their word because they also post that they have taken 70+ cruises, just like I am not going to blindly believe someone because they have a high post count.

No one else is jumping in telling everyone how many cruises they have been on either.

An anonymous person on a message board can post their so called cruise history as much as they want, but how do you know they are telling the truth? There are people who post on these boards everyday who are constantly posting inaccurate information. I am not going to take their word because they also post that they have taken 70+ cruises, just like I am not going to blindly believe someone because they have a high post count.

No one else is jumping in telling everyone how many cruises they have been on either.

...or constantly posting what C&A tier level they are.

Maybe everyone should declare how many cruises they have done to justify their comments.

We have done 45.

27 on RC and 18 on other lines.

Well, you know if you live near a cruise port and you are approaching your expiration date, you might have numbers skewed higher than if you live in the middle of a vast continent, and you are not that close to your expiration date (I pray), then number of cruises might have some disparity.

We are all on the mother wheel, circling round the in the cosmic circle... some of us are at one point and some of us at another.

I don't have my timeline in front of me as I read this, but I am 58 years old. I have been to 5 continents and Australia, several islands near nowhere and I work for a living as does my wife, we came from modest backgrounds, both with post graduate degrees, and we make a good living.

So, we have done and been to a lot of places and have experienced some exhilarating and some boring and some educational and some trying places.

I am Diamond Plus for the purpose of this thread, but what the heck does that have to do with anything?????

Good lord can this thread get any dumber????

Just sayin

JC

I use the internet on my English phone when we are away because it is so much more convenient even though as D+ i could use the onboard internet.

Where do you get a signal to use your English phone? You still have to use the ships Wi-Fi

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Well, you know if you live near a cruise port and you are approaching your expiration date, you might have numbers skewed higher than if you live in the middle of a vast continent, and you are not that close to your expiration date (I pray), then number of cruises might have some disparity.

We are all on the mother wheel, circling round the in the cosmic circle... some of us are at one point and some of us at another.

I don't have my timeline in front of me as I read this, but I am 58 years old. I have been to 5 continents and Australia, several islands near nowhere and I work for a living as does my wife, we came from modest backgrounds, both with post graduate degrees, and we make a good living.

So, we have done and been to a lot of places and have experienced some exhilarating and some boring and some educational and some trying places.

I am Diamond Plus for the purpose of this thread, but what the heck does that have to do with anything?????

Just sayin

JC

I live near a cruise port, but only recently. A town made famous by a sitcom from my youth. It's actually quite lovely. Someone calls it Mayberry by the sea. Hopefully I still have a few trips around the sun to make. But I digress.

Everybody has opinions, and that's cool.

Just sayin

JC

Australia is a continent.:)

Cheers

Aussie Frequent Floaters

Just sayin

JC

I am 60 years old and my wife and i are in my picture which was taken in our friends Villa in Orlando.

Cheers

Aussie Frequent Floaters

There you go, I am dumber.:eek:

My point was only about the post that said, we all had to state how many cruises we have been on so our credibility could be judged. Which is beyond what I am... everyone can make it up... some may tell the truth, but you won't know the truth because someone posts it. Kind of like Troy, could actually be Troy or I could be posting FAKE NEWS.

When people try to win this stupid thread of an argument by saying I have been on X cruises which is way more than you, Therefore, you need to agree with me, that is when I know we have reached the absolute bottom.

That is all I am saying. It should be obvious, but alas....:evilsmile:

JC

There you go, I am dumber.:eek:

My point was only about the post that said, we all had to state how many cruises we have been on so our credibility could be judged. Which is beyond what I am... everyone can make it up... some may tell the truth, but you won't know the truth because someone posts it. Kind of like Troy, could actually be Troy or I could be posting FAKE NEWS.

When people try to win this stupid thread of an argument by saying I have been on X cruises which is way more than you, Therefore, you need to agree with me, that is when I know we have reached the absolute bottom.

That is all I am saying. It should be obvious, but alas....:evilsmile:

JC

Very true you just have to trust people and read some of their previous posts to see if they give reliable information.

Maybe i am to trusting to think people genuinely want to help on here.

There are plenty of people around here who try to help and it is quite obvious. They answer the same questions over and over again imparting information that has been discussed over and over again to new arrivals. Heck, sometimes we even do some research, that the asker could have done themselves, in order to answer a question. The tone of a thread, and of some posters, depends on whether the thread deals more with facts or opinions. Some opinion threads have a way of moving into some rather strange territory.:)

There are plenty of people around here who try to help and it is quite obvious. They answer the same questions over and over again imparting information that has been discussed over and over again to new arrivals. Heck, sometimes we even do some research, that the asker could have done themselves, in order to answer a question. The tone of a thread, and of some posters, depends on whether the thread deals more with facts or opinions. Some opinion threads have a way of moving into some rather strange territory.:)

I agree and they are very helpful and much appreciated by me.

I did not have it in June, and did not notice if it was gone. Only one I had was the welcome aboard beverage from C&A, which we got only one of instead of two.

For the welcome aboard, the DH is still getting his Heineken, and our four little bottles of water, along with the two full bottles of wine (and for some reason the little split of wine has been replaced with an additional full bottle...not sure why?) So now those three bottles of wine, I probably do not need to carry on any longer.

Thank you for your interest in us.

Someone posted about people posting when they don't know what they are talking about.

I will respect and take on board comments made by experienced cruisers who do know what they are talking about just like me.

Some people on here are very helpful and i will give advice readily if asked too which surely is the predominant reason for posting or reading CC.

Well said, and you also just described Bob, who is the most helpful person on these boards. We wouldn't know what to do without him. Thanks again Bob!! :D

I live near a cruise port, but only recently. A town made famous by a sitcom from my youth. It's actually quite lovely. Someone calls it Mayberry by the sea. Hopefully I still have a few trips around the sun to make. But I digress.

Everybody has opinions, and that's cool.

LOL!! Yeah, and tourists keep stealing that TV sitcom related road sign too. That was the reason they had to put it up

so high out of reach. :o

And Mayberry exists in the swamps of the area too. ;p

Looking forward to hopefully more of those orbits in my future also....uhhh...pun intended. ;)

Cheers

Aussie Frequent Floaters

Yeah, I thought that was a funny quote also. ;)

Kind of like when we are in Hawaii where the locals hate it when the

tourists talk about being back in the states. :rolleyes::rolleyes: