Kid jumps from Princess deck railing into pool

jeffdal

I know this sort of thing happens on all cruise lines. However, because this video has probably been viewed and discussed by 1000s of people, I do hope that they make a public announcement of some kind explaining the actions taken in response to this, for the sake of the cruise line and their reputation,

Well they do say "no jumping in the pool".

Glad we aren't on the same cruise as this idiot. It would just be our luck he would have jumped overboard instead. Then the Captain would have had to stop and search for him causing us to possibly miss our next scheduled port. :cool:

Okay a couple of notes...

1> They won't be prosecuted, Bahamas are not going to worry about extradition...

2> Unless someone who knows the family reports it or the news, we won't know what happened if anything. For various and valid legal reasons, Princess will not be commenting other than generally.

The video has been removed from YouTube and is no longer available on that site. Guess Princess found the parents and the parents must have had him takebit down.

Since they had their room number on the video, the kids who jumped said his first name and the other kid had his entire name at the end it wasn't hard to figure out!

What a couple of low life little pigs. Parents haven't done their job or the little punks might have had some empathy for the other passengers...oh, that is right, empathy requires intelligence which these losers lack. Stupid begets stupid, can only imagine what mom and dad were doing. Hopefully whole tribe banned from all cruise lines.The one good thing is that hopefully this video leads a long life and when these two dorks apply for college or a job this video will come back to bite them. Nothing better than a punishment which fits the crime.

Also boys, your film making was really bad. My pup would have done a better job

We like you Edspec...our thoughts and feelings exactly.

I'd like to think that I would have reported those children. But I'm on vacation, no harm was done (despite the obvious danger) and I don't want to get involved. I'd let someone else deal with it, and that's the awful truth.

Had something gone terribly wrong, those parents would absolutely have sued Princess. Even without that lawsuit, Princess is now on notice and probably obliged to do something to prevent a (now-)foreseeable injury. So your next cruise will have all pools and hot tubs closing at dusk, with nets strung across for full prevention (maybe, maybe not).

Hope you enjoyed your fun, kids.

They may have pool attendants present while the pools and hot-tubs are open.

Who's being a fuddy duddy now? ;p

It actually wasn't bad. Other than those 8 or 9 brats, the rest of the kids were quite well behaved and not any problem at all. We typically cruise itineraries and cruise lines that have few children on board, and we weren't able to have kids ourselves, so we aren't used to kids on board. But, it honestly was no problem at all except for those already mentioned.

We have cruised a lot, HAL and RCCL and Princess and kids are out of control. Trashing rooms beyond anything we have ever seen and parents do nothing. I feel parents need to be made accountable on all counts and pay for damages.

Just my own opinion....we have no kids...you need to consider dogs or cats...kids with fur. Our goldens would have been in the pool and not bothered anyone. Kids are an annoyance and parents who let them in areas they should not be, like the spa pool, should have them taken out with a fine. Just my opinion...many other areas for the kids to be.

Most of us that cruise often know that parents simply don't supervise they children as much on board a cruise ship as they do when at home. And I doubt this boy would have been out at 10:30 pm at home :(

However, this It made me think about something I read years ago. A parent couldn't book a Princess cruise for her family because the sailing had already reached the limit for kids on board. Has Princess stopped this practice? Five hundred plus kids on board seems like a lot to me - within the confines of a cruise ship :eek:

Amen. A lot of fuddy duddys on this board. So many posters here have simply forgotten that they were once adolescents...

That stated...

Sounds like a nightmare.

I am not a "fuddy duddy" but my parents would have slapped me silly. I would never have even thought of doing something like this. They brought us up to respect others.

NO EXCUSE WHATSOEVER...Princess should prosecute the kids and parents. They should not have gotten away with this.

What if you were in the pool and were seriously injured. Sorry. Just like these people texting and driving....we do not condone this, nor should anyone else.

Things to Note:

• The boys left their room saying "Shhh"...They knew what they were doing was wrong. They did it anyway.
  • When they got to the pool, they noted the presence of staff members and said they needed to wait until those staff members were gone. They knew what they were doing was wrong. They did it anyway.
  • They filmed the sign stating "no diving". They knew what they were doing was wrong. They did it anyway.
  • Parents who raise kids who know what they are doing is wrong and do it anyway...should have to pay SEVERE consequences.
  • If this stunt had produced injury in those boys....the ship would have diverted to get them to medical care...disrupting the cruises (perhaps life-time dream vacations) of 3000+ passengers who DIDN"T do something stupid that night. I would assume these parents or boys would NOT be apologizing to or compensating those 3000+ people....ya think??? :rolleyes:
  • If this stunt had resulted in injury to one of the INNOCENT ppl in the pool below, they could have had broken necks and all that entails...or very serious life-long injuries. I'll just go out on a limb here and say I assume these parents would NOT have the finances to fund medical care in cases like that, so the financial 'hit' would have been to PCL....not the guilty boys or their equally guilty parents.
  • If a lawsuit had been the final result of this stunt to either boys or swimmers below, PCL would have to 'pay'...and guess who would inevitably have that 'hit' passed on to them.... YOU & I !!! :mad:
  • Because this was posted on these boys' vlog, it tells us they were/are expecting high-fives...kudoes....100,000 views ....on their site. That of course, means "copy-cat' stunts...and stunts that will 'top' this one. (Yep...there's a lot of stupidity out there....) GET READY FOLKS....THERE'S GOING TO BE MORE OF THIS!!!! :eek:
  • It should also be noted that logistically, there was really no way a staffer could have stopped this. These boys were 'sneaky'. Their GOAL was to NOT BE NOTICED....By the time a staff member would have noticed, they would already be splashing in the water. Yeah...a staff member could step in AFTER THE FACT, but probably not before unless they had someone 'stationed' every 10 feet around the pool....around the clock. Honestly, that's just not 'possible'.... The person to stop this is PARENTS... which brings us to.....
  • The time to parent is when the little tikes are 2....and 3.....and 5....and 7. Those who wait until the precious darlings are 14 are destined to a life of injury...hospitals...lawsuits...internet flaming....and hopefully inability to ever take a cruise... Just the facts...
  • Lastly....every time we here on CC share this video...or watch it...we are increasing their 'views'. That is what they want. That is what fueled this in the first place. Yeah...we want to watch it. I watched it.... (would kinda like to have those 2 min. back in my life ugh!!!) but keep in mind....watching and sharing is patting them on the back...just another fact....

I love your post...very true and factual. I hope Princess does something about this

Everyone of those people in the pool should have called security immediately and had that kid taken into custody and his whole family should have been put off at the next port and banned from cruising ever again. He endangered himself as well as those already in the pool.

I wish it would happen but Princess does not care at all. You can have security and reception called by over 100 passengers and they will not do a thing.

I had a cruise on the Emerald Princess back in January this year and I actually have video proof of the same sort of activity happening. There were feral children running, jumping, diving, somersaulting into the swimming pools and preventing fair and reasonable access for all cruise passengers. It was a mess. I stood up on deck one afternoon high on the deck for a sailaway and set up the video and caught it all as I panned across the decks of the ship as we left port.

I made several complaints to reception and security even in writing and nothing was done at all. The staff on Princess did not care and could not be bothered enforcing the rules.

I thought this was just a problem unique to Australia and the feral children that get on board here but unfortunately it is not.

I have also sailed regularly in Japan in their holiday season and the best thing about Japan is that the children are 100% perfect and well behaved and do not muck around at all.

I am going again on the Diamond Princess in January next year as part of the family holidays. I will be taking a 10 year old with me and I have already laid down the law to him regarding pools and it will be strictly enforced by myself when he is on the ship with me because I know how bad feral children can get and I will not have my name associated with taking feral children with me.

I wish it would happen but Princess does not care at all. You can have security and reception called by over 100 passengers and they will not do a thing.

I had a cruise on the Emerald Princess back in January this year and I actually have video proof of the same sort of activity happening. There were feral children running, jumping, diving, somersaulting into the swimming pools and preventing fair and reasonable access for all cruise passengers. It was a mess. I stood up on deck one afternoon high on the deck for a sailaway and set up the video and caught it all as I panned across the decks of the ship as we left port.

I made several complaints to reception and security even in writing and nothing was done at all. The staff on Princess did not care and could not be bothered enforcing the rules.

I thought this was just a problem unique to Australia and the feral children that get on board here but unfortunately it is not.

I have also sailed regularly in Japan in their holiday season and the best thing about Japan is that the children are 100% perfect and well behaved and do not muck around at all.

I am going again on the Diamond Princess in January next year as part of the family holidays. I will be taking a 10 year old with me and I have already laid down the law to him regarding pools and it will be strictly enforced by myself when he is on the ship with me because I know how bad feral children can get and I will not have my name associated with taking feral children with me.

What do you mean by "feral children"?

Some of you sound absurdly harsh wishing for "cracking his head open on the pool edge" etc. What do you think would happen in that situation? You would be inconvenienced along with 3,000 other people but you would have them smug satisfaction of someone's injury during your course change or emergency port call. Can we say schadenfreude anyone? It's no wonder the elderly are dismissed so easily in our society. We are collectively becoming self entitled old cranks more concerned with our own privileges. Rather than calling for a ban on all children just pick a cruise line that is cost prohibitive for families or focus yourselves towards elder-tourism. Rather than grousing amongst ourselves here make a constructive post in the family cruising portion of the site to warn parents about possible dangers of unsupervised shipboard activity. Allow others to benefit from your accumulated insights with our collective love of cruising and all the concerns necessary for a great vacation. I will step down from my soap box now...

I would appreciate an explanation to this link? Are these YouTube videos created by the delinquent?

I sure hope to hear that Princess has done something to discourage others from being so stupid.

the you tube account owner is the same person who created the pool incident you tube. not sure if they considered deleting the entire account.

I certainly hope there will be consequences from Princess for these ill-behaved kids AND their errant parents. Not only did the kids endanger themselves, but also those passengers that were in in the pool when that idiot kid jumped in from the railing of the deck above the pool deck.

I have to suspect the kids are the pampered, "my-kid(s)-can-do-no-wrong, no matter what they do" types, rather than just a case of adolescent poor judgement. This goes way beyond "kids being kids".

First of all, I doubt very much that this was the first time they pulled a stunt like this. It was well planned out, and they were very careful to avoid being caught or stopped.

Also, if they had been injured you can be sure that the parents would have sued Princess claiming that their innocent little children weren't protected properly.

I'm hoping by emailing Princess with the info that the kid learns some better boundaries. Most of us did dumb things we learned from as a kid. But if he has no consequences from this stunt I worry he will step it up to something bigger / more dangerous to himself or others.

His YouTube channel has another video of him pushing another kid into a pool and doesn't realize the kid had his smart phone in his pocket. Probably ruined the phone. It seems he is on track to continue dumb things at others expense if he is not redirected.

Some of you sound absurdly harsh wishing for "cracking his head open on the pool edge" etc. What do you think would happen in that situation? You would be inconvenienced along with 3,000 other people but you would have them smug satisfaction of someone's injury during your course change or emergency port call. Can we say schadenfreude anyone? It's no wonder the elderly are dismissed so easily in our society. We are collectively becoming self entitled old cranks more concerned with our own privileges. Rather than calling for a ban on all children just pick a cruise line that is cost prohibitive for families or focus yourselves towards elder-tourism. Rather than grousing amongst ourselves here make a constructive post in the family cruising portion of the site to warn parents about possible dangers of unsupervised shipboard activity. Allow others to benefit from your accumulated insights with our collective love of cruising and all the concerns necessary for a great vacation. I will step down from my soap box now...

Well said with constructive suggestions.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums