Used Dishes?

phabric

On Princess my understanding is that you should leave them in the cabin and the room steward will take care of them. Carnival on the other hand says to leave them in the hall and room service will make rounds to get them. Maybe Carnival ships have wider hallways? :confused:

I agree with others that state to leave them in your cabin and call room service if you would like them taken away before your room steward's next visit to your cabin.

Please, never leave them in the hallway. The aisles are much narrower than you find in most hotels and they are not only unsightly left in the hallway, they create a hazard for those that use walking devices or wheelchairs. One neighbor of ours always put them in the cutouts for the doors and usually so we stepped right onto them when exiting our cabin....almost tripped on their dirty dishes. Grrrrr! Very thoughtless!!

On Princess my understanding is that you should leave them in the cabin and the room steward will take care of them. Carnival on the other hand says to leave them in the hall and room service will make rounds to get them. Maybe Carnival ships have wider hallways? :confused:

They do, yes I measured lol

On the Carnival ships we've sailed you can get a wheelchair past the stewards carts

We do Room Service for breakfast... our Room Steward handles the dishes when he deos the cabin. We usually ask him to do our cabin next after we finish breakfast. We often bring back a plate at lunch time then call room service, order coffee and ask the service person to take the dishes when he delivers the coffee. We tip extra for the service.

I absolutely hate when people leave them in the hall. So tacky.

Your cabin steward is in at least twice a day and will take them away for you. If you don't want dirty dishes in your cabin either call to have them removed or eat in one of the restaurants. Don't make them someone elses problem.or eyesore and leave them outside

Maybe they should give instructions on what to do with your trays on their room service menu. Then everyone will know this and it won't be a problem for people in the hallways.

That's a great idea. A little card in the room or a little card on the desk explaining what to do would be helpful. Personally I put them in the hallway. Just like in a hotel

I agree with do what they ask you to do, some ships have a tag on the R/S tray, some say "Leave in cabin" some say "place outside door", call me old fashioned but I do what they have asked me too do.

I absolutely hate when people leave them in the hall. So tacky.

Your cabin steward is in at least twice a day and will take them away for you. If you don't want dirty dishes in your cabin either call to have them removed or eat in one of the restaurants. Don't make them someone elses problem.or eyesore and leave them outside

I agree! They're a hazard, and they look terrible.

We've never had a steward tell us to leave the tray outside; I suspect he was lazy and wanted someone else to take care of it. If he/she did I'd bring it to the attention of passenger services. I do wish Princess would cover this issue in the Patters or have a notice in the cabin so everyone could be on the same page.

There's an indentation in front of your cabin door that would out of the way of anyone's walking or wheelchair and I put my dishes there. Room service comes around with a trolley and picks up dishes frequently so they don't sit out very long. You are free to decide what works for you. If you're short on counter space you'll probably put your dishes in the hallway out of any ones way in the little indentation.

There's an indentation in front of your cabin door that would out of the way of anyone's walking or wheelchair and I put my dishes there. Room service comes around with a trolley and picks up dishes frequently so they don't sit out very long. You are free to decide what works for you. If you're short on counter space you'll probably put your dishes in the hallway out of any ones way in the little indentation.

On some of the ships there is an alcove but it still looks terrible.

Why would I want to see your half eaton meals as I leave my cabin, it looks terrible

As stated earlier in this thread, trays and dishes make passage for wheelchair and scooter passengers very difficult. Some times the room steward must park their carts in the area with the alcove. When this is done, wheelchair and scooter passengers must make a jog in order to pass. Most of the Princess ships have very narrow passageways and it is almost impossible to pass with the dishes there.

Besides it looks gross!! I would hope that Princess passengers have more class than to put their half eaten food trays outside their doors.