Trays in Oceanview Buffet

ScotBrit17

I believe that there are no trays available on Celebrity in buffet. Is it acceptable to bring your own tray to take food to tables or cabin.

It might be a little more difficult to manage since the buffet stations are designed with no place to really rest a tray on.

I know the problems with going back and forth for each dish, but give it a try and let us know how you managed.

bosco

I thought the M-class ships had trays and the S-class ships did not have trays. I dont use a tray. One small tray and a water, If I want more food I just go back for more while getting another plate.

No trays on the M class either. Good thing, I don't gain as much weight.

For sanitary reasons, some cruise lines will not let you bring your own tray into the buffet food area. I have even been on a cruise where you could not bring a plate of food you had just exited the food area with back into the food area.

I do not know if Celebrity has any restrictions about bringing your own tray into the food area.

I believe that there are no trays available on Celebrity in buffet. Is it acceptable to bring your own tray to take food to tables or cabin.

If you need help bringing a plate to your table, there are staff who will assist. Staff has made that offer to me. If you want to eat in your room, go for Room Service.

You could also bring a doggie bag! :)

• 11 months later...
When we first cruised with Celebrity many years ago, they had trays, and the waiters carried your tray from the end of the buffet line to your table. It was nice. However, the new buffet layout is much better, as is the food.

I remember that very well. My folks sailed on Century to celebrate their 50th anniversary and my dad was so impressed with that service.

The only problem the first time is that he followed the waiter around the area while the waiter wanted him to indicate where he wanted to sit! We watched them walking around and my mother finally got up to corral him.

Sue

ACTually the fun is seeing someone on the elevator early in the morning look at the tray, stand there for a moment, and then “the light bulb goes off” so to speak as they figure it out. (y):hot-beverage:

I also use the ice bucket tray for early morning coffee. This is well before the buffet is open for food items. People always say “what a good idea.” What is funny to me is the number of people you meet in their bathrobe, because they think no one else would be up that early!

We often take the small tray from under the ice bucket up to the coffee station. Its just large enough for two coffees and two pastries and is easier to carry through the corridors than trying to juggle two cups and two plates.
We do,too

Sent from my SM-G900T using Forums mobile app

When I go up for early morning coffee and danish I take My two Starbucks cups and the cardboard cup carrier from Starbucks. Enough room to put several Danish on it. People see it and ask me where the Starbucks is, and I say back on land, but they do say that's a good idea..

Sent from my iPad using Forums

For sanitary reasons, some cruise lines will not let you bring your own tray into the buffet food area. I have even been on a cruise where you could not bring a plate of food you had just exited the food area with back into the food area.

I do not know if Celebrity has any restrictions about bringing your own tray into the food area.

As far as bringing the plate back into the food area...this is a good idea....so as not to give other's the idea that it's ok. A pet peeve of mine is seeing some people who just don't understand not to bring your dirty plate back to get more food. :loudcry::loudcry:

A tray would be very difficult as there is no place to rest it while you scoop food. You will need tp hold it with one hand while you use the other hand. There is not even a spot for a plate.. by design

And if you only have one hand free?

Walking aid in one hand, plate in other . . .

And if you only have one hand free?

Walking aid in one hand, plate in other . . .

Crew help. Part if their job. As a passenger I have helped when I have seen a person in need as well.

BUt… Oh you decided to bring a tray .. let me help.. not likley

Yes, staff help works quite well if you need assistance. Just let one of the waitstaff at the entry or where there is a swaiter setanding where we get our plates know you need assistance in getting your food at the buffet and they will assign a waiter to help you, and will do it each time you show up.

I’ve seen a few posts saying they couldn’t get any help, but the best way is Not to go sit down and try to signal someone, but to walk up and let them know you need help.

Den