Unlimited drinks??

tmark47

We have only cruised 4 previous times, and we have never purchased the unlimited drink package. Do most people feel it is a good value?? Of course, if you drink no alcohol it is probably unecessary. In the package Princess states that drinks under $10.00 are covered. Another question I have is: does this include margaritas, daquari, whiskey sour and other mixed drinks. I don't know what price point the cruise line places on single drinks?

Unless you drink a lot -- and I mean a LOT, you'd have to have a drink in your hand maybe 4-5 times a day to recoup your initial cost outlay. If you have money to burn, want the convenience, and are a real or borderline alcoholic, go for it. Otherwise, I'm sure you'll find buying a drink at a time is unequivocally wiser (and leaves you time to dry out and actually enjoy your cruise sober for a day or two).

We have only cruised 4 previous times, and we have never purchased the unlimited drink package. Do most people feel it is a good value?? Of course, if you drink no alcohol it is probably unecessary. In the package Princess states that drinks under $10.00 are covered. Another question I have is: does this include margaritas, daquari, whiskey sour and other mixed drinks. I don't know what price point the cruise line places on single drinks?

Yes to all your questions that's the short and simple answer. We have 3 cruises booked right now with the "Sip N Sail" promo. Well worth it if you like your Margaritas, Daquari, Beer etc etc., IMO. The key is under $10.

We took the package once a couple cruises ago. Did some simple math on how much we needed to drink to "break even" and thought it'd be a good deal. We found, however, that while we typically had the 4-5 drinks during a sea day that make this a deal, we almost never drank that much in just an evening on the boat after a day ashore. We'd only take the package again if the itinerary included a large number of sea days.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Look here under the calculator tab:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14T0LH6Npt1iFp2XddlHLJ7gwnbDkZSsO00jcAJJGOSk/edit#gid=1575650868

It is all beverages menu priced $10 and under not under $10. That is 95%+ of all drinks on the ship. Excludes room service and vending machine drinks such as the self service beer and wine on the Caribbean Princess.

Almost every drink on Princess fits within the parameters of the AIBP. Remember that it also includes bottled water, fresh-brewed coffee, lattes, frappuchinos, fresh squeezed juice, soda, milkshkes, hot chocolate, etc. ANY drink $10 or less. You pay the gratuities as part of the cost of the package so, when looking at drink prices, you do not have to add gratuities to see if the drink fits within the limits.

I'm too cheap to pay for it even though I would have no problem at all "getting my money's worth". I have it on my next two cruises because I booked them way last year under the first Sip and Sail promo. I will certainly enjoy having it for those, especially as one cruise is 28 days with 18 sea days but, as I said above, I'm too cheap to actually purchase the package.

Some say that 6 alcoholic drinks and their regular non-alcoholic beverage daily makes it worth for them. Am not in that situation so I just order alcoholic drinks whenever I feel like to drink and pay as you order. I buy the Unlimited Soda & More Package for soda and non-alcoholic mixed drinks.

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

ANY drink $10 and under. Hence the word ANY.

It (price per) covers most drinks.

If you get a drink that over $10 you pay for the entire drink and NOT the difference.

No IMO it is NOT a good value.

It's a great convenience factor and that's about it.

Many get it on their booking through a promo.

We have had it that way a couple of times.

I would never buy out outright.

Could never drink enough to cover the steep price.

Unless you drink a lot -- and I mean a LOT, you'd have to have a drink in your hand maybe 4-5 times a day to recoup your initial cost outlay. If you have money to burn, want the convenience, and are a real or borderline alcoholic, go for it. Otherwise, I'm sure you'll find buying a drink at a time is unequivocally wiser (and leaves you time to dry out and actually enjoy your cruise sober for a day or two).

Wow, judgmental much?

Wow. This comment truly is "chunder worthy".

Not worth getting kicked off cruise critic to tell you how I feel about your stupid comment....

The All-Inclusive-Beverage-Package includes Specialty Coffees, Tea, Juices, Bottled Water and Canned Drinks. I personally prefer Soft Drinks but if you drink tea, coffee, juices,-alone and in Mocktails and soft drinks it should provide many drinks during the day and some cocktails at night without having to remember how much you've spent on drinks. I got the Soda and More Package when I cruised, it was MUCH easier just taking the insulated cup and my Cruise Card to a bar and getting what I wanted.

I'm not yet sure whether I can do an 8 day cruise to Tasmania, would prefer the Golden Princess but she usually sails from Melbourne on a 5 or 6 day cruise, and I can't get the AIBP for a cruise less than 8 days. The Majestic is scheduled to do an 8-night cruise, but I would need a Penthouse Suite-it's the only Suite with Handicapped Access.

The introduction of the Ocean Medallion is also an issue, I'm sailing on the previous cruise in October 2018, and cannot find the Soda and More Package in my Personaliser! I hope to be able to buy it on board or I have the alternative of ordering 6 cans of Soda for the price of 5 through Room Service, and I have a microwave-proof mug with a clip-on lid I could use safely.

Welcome!

I agree that the value would really vary based on the individual. Dear Husband (DH) and I enjoy trying different drinks and cruising is ideal for this since we know that neither one of us will have to drive anywhere. The AIBP does seem pricy though - especially for port days. Here is what we plan for our 5 day cruise:

1 bottle wine each in our carry on - no corkage fee if poured in the cabin (you can carry the glass around the ship if you want)

Ultimate Soda and More package - DH is fine with basic coffee so no need for the coffee card, but this includes all mocktails. Sometimes we want something new to try but not necessarily the alcohol.

Wine Maker's table - $40 meal (if we can get on the list) that should let us try something new with dinner one night

Buy One Get One for $1 specials

Individual purchase if there is anything else we want.

Hope you enjoy your cruise and whatever package/non package you decide.

In my opinion this is a good deal. Remember it is ANY drink under $10. And you have to have 5 or so a day. That includes specialty coffee, bottled water soda any moktail and alcohol. So you get up in the morning and get a latte, the have a couple bottles of water then a couple of drinks paid for it!!!! But if you have a port intense trip I don't think it s worth it.

I will always buy the package for the simple convenience of being able to completely prepay for all of my drinks and not having to settle up at the end of the trip. Using the spreadsheet in a post above, though, here is a completely doable "break even" assuming that your trip has NO sea days (every day is in port):

- Fresh Squeezed OJ and Specialty Coffee Drink with Breakfast

- Taking 2 bottles of water and maybe a can of soda (never know when you need a little sugar) into port with you

- Another soda beverage when you get back on board

- A gelato as a sweet treat

- A pre-dinner cocktail

- 2 glasses of wine with dinner

- An espresso or coffee drink after dinner

- A "night cap" during a show or while listening to an entertainer.

Throw in one or two extra drinks if you have a sea day (a cocktail or wine with lunch, for an Alaskan cruise maybe an "adult" hot chocolate to keep warm, etc) and at a minimum you break even. No need to worry about tipping on every single drink, and all paid in advance so one less stop right before the end of your vacation. And nowhere near as "wasted" as some people around here would believe you'd need to be.

I don't think it is necessary to purchase it on Princess since their drinks (cocktails) are reasonably priced. I have purchased the soft drink package because I do tend to drink a few soft drinks through out the day and with meals. I have found that the soft drink prices are what you would pay in a restaurant at home which I think is over priced for what it is. I would rather pay for the package than have to shlep a case of Coke on board and have to carry cans around the ship.

We are looking forward to sailing with the Sip-and-Sail promo.

We will take advantage of everything it includes.. from bottled waters, coffee, gelato, fresh fruit juice and the cold drinks at Int'l Cafe, and, of course, a number of refreshing alcoholic libations.

We could def. come out saving, and have.... but would be limiting ourselves. No question.

With the promo, using the price difference between current sale pricing, and the Sip-and-Sail promo... Our fare is much less than it would be booking a current sale, and then adding the AIDP. So, it is not costing anywhere near the cash price. I think it is really expensive to add it, and pay the going rate.