re meat pies

2 hours ago, GUT2407 said:

Naturally. Pies not that great sausage roll pretty good. They had a lot of outlets but got into financial trouble and now only supply some service stations.

You being the CC Pie Guru, I knew you would have tried Pie Face.   The Pie Face place I saw in Leeton was like they converted part of the servo shop into a pie joint, quite busy too.  Alas no GF.🤬

pie face pies pics - Bing.html

Edited by NSWP

2 hours ago, Blackduck59 said:

Each to their own uncle Les, mr. bean definitely not my glass of whiskey. But I did enjoy Rowen Atkinson as Blackadder. 

I'm with you on this. Blackadder was a classic, Mr Bean was lame.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, NSWP said:

You being the CC Pie Guru, I knew you would have tried Pie Face.   The Pie Face place I saw in Leeton was like they converted part of the servo shop into a pie joint, quite busy too.  Alas no GF.🤬

pie face pies pics - Bing.htmlUnavailable

Our local servo has a Pie Face outlet too. First time we tried Pie Face was on the Gold Coast some years ago.

Today we had pasties from a local bakety which they call Tiddly Oggie - oggie is evidently a Cornish slang word for pasty. They are really good.

Leigh

Edited by possum52

1 hour ago, possum52 said:

Today we had pasties from a local bakery which they call Tiddly Oggie - oggie is evidently a Cornish slang word for pasty. They are really good.

Leigh

The Ferguson Plarre Bakehouses website says "Tiddly Oggie is Cornish for 'proper pasty' . In Cornwall, a pasty is often called an “Oggie”, and while it is unclear as to where the word originated, some people have suggested that it is derived from hoggan, a kind of bag in which the miners carried their croust (croust is the Cornish term for lunch)".

A Traditional Tiddly Oggie

Edited by By The Bay
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, By The Bay said:

The Ferguson Plarre Bakehouses website says "Tiddly Oggie is Cornish for 'proper pasty' . In Cornwall, a pasty is often called an “Oggie”, and while it is unclear as to where the word originated, some people have suggested that it is derived from hoggan, a kind of bag in which the miners carried their croust (croust is the Cornish term for lunch)".

Quite correct.  Pasties are very popular in the UK, West Country, a regional dish.  Always plenty available all over UK at....greggs.jpg.61e43735cad7234b043f75efc1e2dbe0.jpg

Edited by NSWP

2 hours ago, Russell21 said:

I'm with you on this. Blackadder was a classic, Mr Bean was lame.

I agreed.... saw him a couple of time live on stage.... very good

Pies :-

Anybody know if the shop in Lunawanna Bruny Island still does home made  scallop pies.... the better half loved them and had a few while staying on the island a few years ago.

Cheers Don

41 minutes ago, By The Bay said:

It was a Ferguson Plarre bakery where I purchased the tiddly oggies.

Edited by possum52
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I'll have to give those a try next time we're in Melbourne. I love a good Cornish pasty.

If I remember correctly OzKiwiJJ there is a Ferguson Plarre at Vic Market.

Leigh

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, possum52 said:

If I remember correctly OzKiwiJJ there is a Ferguson Plarre at Vic Market.

Leigh

Thanks. It's ages since I've been there. We used to go to Prahran Market more often. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, getting older slowly said:

Anybody know if the shop in Lunawanna Bruny Island still does home made  scallop pies.... the better half loved them and had a few while staying on the island a few years ago.

Cheers Don

Most of Tasmania has the scallop pies.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, getting older slowly said:

Cheers Don

Don the Bakehouse at Richmond (Tas) does a Curried Scallop Pie to die for, also the Salamanca Markets do a good one too.

Well didn’t get my pie last night, Mrs G decided to go to the bake house instead of Harry’s, so still get a pie? But when we got there just before 6:00 they were shutting up shop, so had to settle for KFC, oh well. Maybe later in the week.

6 minutes ago, Ondine said:

I loved the scallop pies when I was over there.

Scallops are great from Tasweiga. Not tried them in a pie, i suppose they would be in a cream sauce or cheese sauce. Lubbly jubbly.

2 hours ago, GUT2407 said:

Well didn’t get my pie last night, Mrs G decided to go to the bake house instead of Harry’s, so still get a pie? But when we got there just before 6:00 they were shutting up shop, so had to settle for KFC, oh well. Maybe later in the week.

No good at all mate, you better stock your freezer with a few packs of aldi pies, then you wont starve.

Edited by NSWP

4 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Scallops are great from Tasweiga. Not tried them in a pie, i suppose they would be in a cream sauce or cheese sauce. Lubbly jubbly.

I think the one I liked most had a sort of light curry sauce.  Very creamy.  Not sure where I was - somewhere in the middle of nowhere.

2 minutes ago, Ondine said:

I think the one I liked most had a sort of light curry sauce.  Very creamy.  Not sure where I was - somewhere in the middle of nowhere.

Your whole continent is in the middle of nowhere😉

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

Somehow KFC really doesn't seem a fair trade for a quality pie. That's like ordering an eclair and getting a twinkie.

What on earth is a twinkie, Lyle, to me it sounds a trifle rude.😍

22 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Looks like dessert or sweet version of ye chiko roll, but no cabbage. Sponge cake and ice cream, lubbly jubbly, a drop of chocolate sauce woul be nice on it.

Edited by NSWP

10 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Looks like dessert or sweet version of ye chiko roll, but no cabbage. Sponge cake and ice cream, lubbly jubbly, a drop of chocolate sauce woul be nice on it.

I don't think it's ice cream in the middle. They are not frozen cakes. I think it's some artificial non-dairy stuff that's supposed to imitate cream.