re meat pies

1 minute ago, Docker123 said:

This thing of beauty is not a holding pie.

This deserves fine bone china and cutlery.

No sauce.

Roger that, Royal Albert Rainbow china, Community Coronation Silverware and Mikasa Stephanie Crystal. Now all we need is the darned pie, and a nice bottle of Riesling to wash it down.

1 hour ago, GUT2407 said:

Fred’s pies near Kempsey have a massive range of flavours.

Was it Freddos? Stopped there a few times on ye olde Pacific Hwy. Fredericktown?)

17 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

That's a shame, Leigh. I remember being taken to one somewhere in Glen Waverley or Mount Waverley many years ago with a group of business colleagues, one of whom was Chinese. It was excellent and we got to try some very interesting dishes. I guess things have changed since then.

I'm not fond of dogs roaming around restaurants either but it's quite common in parts of Europe. 

Watch out for your dog vanishing in the Chow restaurant, it could end up as dog in black bean sauce or dog chow mein. Dog is a delicacy in the Far East you know and in Peru where I have seen it offered at roadside grills.

46 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Was it Freddos? Stopped there a few times on ye olde Pacific Hwy. Fredericktown?)

That’s the one thanks Les, they tried to open one on the New England Hwy at East Maitland, it flopped, no idea why, perhaps people didn’t realise it was the same mob.

1 minute ago, GUT2407 said:

That’s the one thanks Les, they tried to open one on the New England Hwy at East Maitland, it flopped, no idea why, perhaps people didn’t realise it was the same mob.

That could be because Blakeney's Gourmet Pies are at East Maitland. Very filling and tasty Pies. My favourite is their Pepper Pie.

Steak and Kidney Pie - Picture of Blakeneys Pies, East Maitland ...Blakeney's Pies – My Maitland

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NSWP said:

Watch out for your dog vanishing in the Chow restaurant, it could end up as dog in black bean sauce or dog chow mein. Dog is a delicacy in the Far East you know and in Peru where I have seen it offered at roadside grills.

I went to a restaurant in Shanghai once that had dog on the menu. No, we didn't try it.

I also know someone married to a Vietnamese wonman whos uncle farms dogs for food.

5 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

So the pepper pie is chunks of beef with a peppercorn sauce in it like Steak au poivre? No bell peppers involved?

That Pie looks awesome By the Bay

Either chunks of beef, or beef mince which is the way my bakery makes them with a ton of cracked black pepper in the mix.

5 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

So the pepper pie is chunks of beef with a peppercorn sauce in it like Steak au poivre? No bell peppers involved?

I prefer the chunky style. There are no bell peppers harmed in the making of a pepper steak.😉

Edited by By The Bay
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, By The Bay said:

That could be because Blakeney's Gourmet Pies are at East Maitland. Very filling and tasty Pies. My favourite is their Pepper Pie.

Steak and Kidney Pie - Picture of Blakeneys Pies, East Maitland ...Blakeney's Pies – My Maitland

I like their potato and pea, the peas go between the beef and the spud. They also do a nice steak and vegetable.

NZ has a Supreme Pie of the Year Award every year.....

however....

The Bakels New Zealand Supreme Pie Awards is about recognising and honouring 12 award-winning pies and their creators from places all across New Zealand

post-phonedBakels would like to announce that due to COVID-19 we are putting the Bakels Supreme Pie Awards on hold until next year.

This will give you some extra time to perfect your pies and not forgetting the new Sausage Roll category too.

And also come up with some new mouth watering flavours.

27 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

Bell peppers here are called capsicums.

Pepper is ground peppercorns, white or black. I like a lot of ground black pepper on my veges.

12 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

He must be pretty crusty by now then.

A cousin pie, not tried those, tomato or bbq sauce with those? 🤣1399038756_th(1)pie.jpg.d5df6b4652eba65e8c2fc977c72b02aa.jpg

Edited by NSWP

17 hours ago, Kiwi Kruzer said:

Ideal environment for pies is NZ, cool winters, , need a curry pie in that list, bit of heat required.