re meat pies

7 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

So early result from our unscientific poll suggests that 100% of Australians eat more than 12 pies a year😁

The result here on a very limited poll, is that we all eat more than 12 pies a year and some of us have closer to 50 a year. (That sounds terribly unhealthy!). I don't think we can extend this and say that this applies to all Australians. I know several who would never have a pie.

59 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Sorry to stuff up your stats, Lyle. We enjoy pies but don't eat them all that often. Probably more like 8-10 a year.

In my prime, I would eat pies just about 2 or 3 times a week.  So I  would have had about about 100 - 150 dog eyes per annum.   These days I buy a pack of 2 GF pies a fortnight, that is my ration.  1 pie a week.1783082160_gfpie.jpg.738968343620fe9f609a3ad424c04f10.jpg

Edited by NSWP

These days, likely one per week for me. When footy was on a Sunday afternoon would always have a pie at the game, so two a week then.

Some years back I would have a pie at work every day for morning smoko from the tuck truck, so that's a couple of hundred per annum.

• Like 1

It's over a week since we had a pie, and may have one later in the week. So perhaps one every 10 or 11 days we indulge in a pie each. We also like pasties so ot may be one of those instead of a pie. We don't tend to have them often during the warmer months though.

Leigh

Edited by possum52
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, possum52 said:

It's over a week since we had a pie, and may have one later in the week. So perhaps one every 10 or 11 days we indulge in a pie each. We also like pasties so ot may be one of those instead of a pie. We don't tend to have them often during the warmer months though.

Leigh

Leigh, no worriesis. Including pies, pasties, sausage rolls in the count up, all good strayan tucker.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NSWP said:

Leigh, no worriesis. Including pies, pasties, sausage rolls in the count up, all good strayan tucker.

I also may make my own sausage rolls and pasties - nothing like home made!

• Like 1

Just now, NSWP said:

Vegetarian pies and sausage rolls? How boring, at least my gf pies andsausage rolls  contain something thar resembles meat from some animal.

There are some vegetable pies that are good. She loves the Linda McCartney variety, me.  I prefer meat in mine, but do indulge in a vegetarian one from time to time.

4 minutes ago, possum52 said:

I also may make my own sausage rolls and pasties - nothing like home made!

On our first visit to South Australia (as a family), we decided to have a pie for lunch. So we stopped at the Deli and there was a choice of several types and brands, so rather than having the mass produced type pies like Balfours, or Villi's,  we decided to get the home made pie.

Got the the car, and find that it came wrapped in plastic and it turns out it was a pie brand called Home Made and it was very ordinary.

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

There are some vegetable pies that are good. She loves the Linda McCartney variety, me.  I prefer meat in mine, but do indulge in a vegetarian one from time to time.

I thought your beloved was a coeliac, if so normal pastry is verboten, mein herr, the filling is irrelevent.

Edited by NSWP

5 minutes ago, NSWP said:

I thought your beloved was a coeliac, if so normal pastry is verboten, mein herr, the filling is irrelevent.

No Mt daughter is gluten intolerant, the boss follows a vegan or vegetarian diet about 99% of the times] since she lost her Gall and developed pancreatitis 

didn’t stop her guts out on stew last night though but that was probably her first red meat in about three months.

We would have pies at home every week or two, and visit a Harry’s about once a month, so all up about 36 times a year, one aTiger will normally pull me up, but sometimes ai might follow it with a sausage roll or pastie, can’t say I’ve ever racked two tigers, though if we have home made tiger equivelant it is usually 2.

Because the daughter et al stayed last night, there wasn’t much stew left, then we were out of pastry (and blowed if I was going to make it) so had the last of the stew in Jaffles, near on as good as a pie.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

No Mt daughter is gluten intolerant, the boss follows a vegan or vegetarian diet about 99% of the times] since she lost her Gall and developed pancreatitis 

didn’t stop her guts out on stew last night though but that was probably her first red meat in about three months.

You should have inserted the red wine into the concoction mate.

11 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

We would have pies at home every week or two, and visit a Harry’s about once a month, so all up about 36 times a year, one aTiger will normally pull me up, but sometimes ai might follow it with a sausage roll or pastie, can’t say I’ve ever racked two tigers, though if we have home made tiger equivelant it is usually 2.

Nothing wrong with a sausage roll or pastie for dessert after the meat pie or even as a starter.

Edited by NSWP

Uncle Les, although I applaud your devotion to the mighty meat pie, should I be concerned for the well being of your Cardiovascular system?

I also note that Docker 123 felt so healthy just looking at the vegetarian pies that he went for the sausage roll instead🤔

So I have spent some time compiling data and I have had to amend my earlier conclusion. It seems that slightly less than 100% of Australians eat more than 12 pies a year. Also for some Australians the vegetarian option is nice to look at but the sausage rolls are more appealing. It also seems that looking at the healthy vegan pies is an antidote for the ill effects of the quality meat pie.

In conclusion Les make sure that you spend at least 2 minutes looking at the Veggie pies before you choose your next proper nosh.

Edited by Blackduck59