re meat pies

24 minutes ago, By The Bay said:

I just noticed that this is the 132rd page of the Meat Pie thread, and we always come back to discussing pies after heading down some interesting side tracks.😉 Loving this thread.

From memory it all started when a Canadian asked about meat pies in Sydney, something like that, then it went viral.  I will search back and get post No.1, here it is below...

Edited by NSWP

On 8/25/2017 at 1:57 AM, go fish 44 said:

We are staying at the Amora Hotel on Jamison in Sydney is there any where in this area where we can get a Meat Pie, we would love to try your meat pies?

thanks Sue

This is how it started on 25 May, 2017.  Guess who was the first responder ? No other than our pie guru Mr Gut.

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, By The Bay said:

Come back Sue and see what you stated.😉

She is probably too scared, no doubt she still peruses the comments coming in from us crazies.  Come in from the cold,  Sue - go fish 44.

Edited by NSWP

16 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

would you eat this one?

See the source image

No, they've shortchanged you on the blackbirds. There should be 24. Plus they left the feathers on. Tsk, tsk. Bin it!

Edited by OzKiwiJJ

1 minute ago, NSWP said:

She is probably too sacred, no doubt she still peruses the comments coming in from us crazies.

Uncle Les, crazy has such a negative connotation. I suggest passionate is a more apt description of those participating in the thread. And we were doing so well until mic decided to bring in the feather pie.

Just now, Blackduck59 said:

Uncle Les, crazy has such a negative connotation. I suggest passionate is a more apt description of those participating in the thread. And we were doing so well until mic decided to bring in the feather pie.

OK then Lyle, I withdraw 'crazies.'  How about 'cruise freaks?'

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

Nope crazy fits better.

44 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

Hear hear By The Bay, this is definitely a fun thread. And pies are a great subject. Some day we will be able to shoot the breeze about new cruise adventures. 

I certainly hope so, I almost slip into deep depression wondering if I have enough years left to cruise again.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

Crazy has a profitable connotation for some people.

Just. Saying.

Lyle may not be aware of my reputation as a nutter, nor that it is because I can really but out all sorts of problems, like how all them old mummy dudes died of nose cancer and that the Dutch would have owned Australia if they could take care of their good stuff, but if he wants I can tell him how I done it, and how all those Students told their teacher “That man is a nutter” after I told them all about it.

3 hours ago, By The Bay said:

Time to introduce a different type of a winning Pie.

AFL - Collingwood Magpies 90s Retro LASER CUT SIGN FOR MAN CAVE, BAR OR SHED

That is a hanging offence put football stuff on the meat pie thread.  Worse than Thread Hijacking, even.🤐 But for my information, 'The Magpies', you are referring to ye olde Western Suburbs Rugby League Club of course?  The only Magpies I know, except the ones that fly and attack the postie, the golfers the lycra mob, you know the ones who shave their legs, etc.

Edited by NSWP