re meat pies

4 minutes ago, Docker123 said:

Renowned for going cold by the time the main course comes around.

Big dessert of colliewobbles.

Oh deary me, sounds like Arial Ping Pong.🤢

190431416_pie2.jpg.e54ffb1949d258e08bfd7346abb59609.jpgThis will make you pie and beer drinking Adelaide Oval Footy fans happy, they have reduced the cost of pies from $5.80 to $4.50 and reduced cost of a pint of Hahn Super Dry Lager from $9.60 to $8.50, because of the economy currently.  How sweet of them.

Edited by NSWP

2 hours ago, NSWP said:

🍺

Thank you, so at the Adelaide Oval, the more you eat and drink, the more you save.😁

Thanks Les, now you will encourage MRs G came home yesterday with new boots for those cold mornings on playground duty, (No worries, it gets damn cold out there) later saw her with new joggers on.

Me: “Are they new too”

“Yep”

“didn’t think you needed new joggers”

”I really don’t but they had buy one get one half price, so look how much I saved”

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

Thanks Les, now you will encourage MRs G came home yesterday with new boots for those cold mornings on playground duty, (No worries, it gets damn cold out there) later saw her with new joggers on.

“Yep”

”I really don’t but they had buy one get one half price, so look how much I saved”

But they don't do that sort of deal on meat pies though mate, which is tragic, like buy one pie get one for half price.  Yes a women's logic, they always got a deal, but they did not really need it.

Edited by NSWP

2 hours ago, GUT2407 said:

“Yep”

That reminds me of a time a few years ago when I needed some new dressy sandals for cruising. I saw some online that I really liked the look of. Buy one pair, get 50% of the other. They had them in black and metallic so I thought that would be a good deal. After I'd decided to buy them I spotted a pair of gold sandals that I really loved. I asked what the deal was for three pairs and got 20% of those. Oops! Mind you, that's the first time I've ever bought three pairs of shoes at once but finding three pairs that were actually comfortable and that look good was a minor miracle in itself. My feet just don't like dressy shoes.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

There I was watching Water Rats and what was on the screen but Harry's Cafe de wheels and a bloke eating a Tiger Pie.

You're at least one ahead of me. I've never watched Water Rats, or The Sullivans, or Home and Away or Neighbours etc etc.

I did watch Whiplash starring Peter Graves. A show about an iconic Australian stage coach company, Cobb & Co, but had to import a Minnesotan actor.

Just had a look at the Harry's menu, looks like a bunch of good grub to me. Some of those dogs look pretty good too. Just wondering what exactly is "chili" sauce? We have a Heinz product called Chili sauce which is basically a slightly spicy version of ketchup; or is it some nuclear waste product capable of removing the first layer of my palette?

52 minutes ago, By The Bay said:

I haven't tried Harry's 'Dogs and I don't know what brand Harry's uses. I cannot imagine that the sauce would be too hot.

My favorite is Lingham's Chilli Sauce.

Lingham's Chilli Sauce 280ml - Mattas

Harry probably get his chilli sauce in 10 litre containers, like the other sauces, he would use a lot.

3 hours ago, Blackduck59 said:

There I was watching Water Rats and what was on the screen but Harry's Cafe de wheels and a bloke eating a Tiger Pie.

I bet you were salivating Lyle, when the mushy peas were observed on the Tiger.' We all know that you love that delicacy, 🤣th.jpg.fef705ff3d2b25e78bf06a68bf5a5f0d.jpg

I thought I'd found a source of potato top pies but we tried some over the weekend and they weren't great. The mince filling had a reasonable flavour and wasn't too gluey but was a bit gristly. The potato topping was very soft and burnt easily. The pastry was dreadful. Like cardboard. They were quite expensive pies from one of the Pattersons Patisserie chain outlets. I won't be buying pies from them again.

7 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I thought I'd found a source of potato top pies but we tried some over the weekend and they weren't great. The mince filling had a reasonable flavour and wasn't too gluey but was a bit gristly. The potato topping was very soft and burnt easily. The pastry was dreadful. Like cardboard. They were quite expensive pies from one of the Pattersons Patisserie chain outlets. I won't be buying pies from them again.

pie.jpg.dfc9d01502eb830f68a14a4982bfcd83.jpgHere is decent one, but from where I don't know. Our local bakery at Batehaven has the potato pies like this, but no mushy peas, you would have to bring it home and put your own on.peas.jpg.77f730c0e95123c427c53533c672a8a1.jpg

25 minutes ago, NSWP said:

pie.jpg.dfc9d01502eb830f68a14a4982bfcd83.jpgHere is decent one, but from where I don't know. Our local bakery at Batehaven has the potato pies like this, but no mushy peas, you would have to bring it home and put your own on.peas.jpg.77f730c0e95123c427c53533c672a8a1.jpg

That looks like a very nice potato top pie. We used to get ones like that from a local deli years ago. They were lovely.

I'm not fussed about mushy peas.

1 minute ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

That looks like a very nice potato top pie. We used to get ones like that from a local deli years ago. They were lovely.

I'm not fussed about mushy peas.

My Mum always told me: "You have to eat your greens".

40 minutes ago, By The Bay said:

My Mum always told me: "You have to eat your greens".

I do, I prefer my peas whole not mushy. Although it does make it hard to keep them on top of the pie. But the pie cart in Dunedin(NZ) used to do it successfully way back in the 1950s. A regular pie with a scoop of mashed potato on top and a spoonful of peas pressed into the mash. Mind you they were probably tinned peas back then but they weren't mushy.

26 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

I like peas, but not mushy peas. I can't work out why Princess serve mushy peas with their fish 'n chips at their pub lunch.

Because it's a very British thing to have with fish and chips, and the pub lunch is supposed to be based on British pub food.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Aus Traveller said:

I like peas, but not mushy peas. I can't work out why Princess serve mushy peas with their fish 'n chips at their pub lunch.

14 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Because it's a very British thing to have with fish and chips, and the pub lunch is supposed to be based on British pub food.

I prefer the Kiwi way of having your fish and chips, a couple of fried eggs on the battered fish. We first had that at the Blue waterside fish shop in Tauranga.