This is New to Me for AIBP

Murray's Pop

Just was informed that for the Meet & Greet on our upcoming Island Princess cruise that the AIBP will not be honored during that event. Anyone else hear this? Has not happened on previous cruises.

I can't imagine it to be true. What possible reason is there? If not honored during the meet-n-greet then why honor it during an art show or any gathering on board like bingo? Raise the price and then don't let people use it - that will be the end of that IMHO.

How/who just informed you? Was this a rumor-has-it or an Email from Princess ?

Looks like the M&G falls under either group event or private event.

"The Premier Beverage Package cannot be combined with other programs, promotions, onboard specials, or events, such as: group or charter events, room service items, minibar items, special or private events such as cocktail parties, wedding receptions or similar functions, wine tastings, chefs tables, buckets of beer, buy one get one type offers, specialty dining cover charges, food items for sale such as ice-cream etc."

I can't imagine it to be true. What possible reason is there? If not honored during the meet-n-greet then why honor it during an art show or any gathering on board like bingo? Raise the price and then don't let people use it - that will be the end of that IMHO.

Email from Princess to the organizer of our Meet & Greet. Was a statement part of the confirmation email. Here is the statement:

"I received an email from the Princess representative this morning and she wanted me to tell everyone that even though the ship will provide "Dry Snacks and a No Host Bar", if you have the Beverage Package it CANNOT be used at this event."

Looks like the M&G falls under either group event or private event.

"The Premier Beverage Package cannot be combined with other programs, promotions, onboard specials, or events, such as: group or charter events, room service items, minibar items, special or private events such as cocktail parties, wedding receptions or similar functions, wine tastings, chefs tables, buckets of beer, buy one get one type offers, specialty dining cover charges, food items for sale such as ice-cream etc."

That's a lot of restrictions, isn't it? Doesn't affect me, since we never buy the drinks package, but it sure looks like a lot of restrictions.

Not sure if it was for the same cruise mentioned by OP but the person organizing the M&M for our Hawaii cruise in December got a message expressing the same thing. No use of drink package during M&M

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is crazy!! We have the Sip and Sail on our next Princess cruise. I will just go to the Meet and Greet with a mimosa in hand or may just skip it altogether. Not that I can't go without a drink for the hour or so ... it's just that the beverage package sure is restrictive now. :(

"Exclusions and Limitations

The Premier Beverage Package cannot be combined with other programs, promotions, onboard specials, or events such as group or charter events...."

To me it seems silly for a M&G. Answer, maybe have the M&G informally rather than formally. Just meet and bring along your drink from another bar. Watch for this to be changed in the future, I think it will.

Providing they let you bring a drink in with you. ;)

There are no restrictions on walking around the ship with a drink. Passengers do it all the time. Of course, it's a little tricky it you have a drink in a stemmed martini glass.

It might just be another example of idiots at Princess who have no clue how things actually work and who are taking the verbiage to mean things it was never meant to mean. Time will tell but I can tell you that if this is actually the case I will be one of many who protest strongly.

Is this Meet and Greet being handled like a private event, like a wedding reception?

I really see no way that this would even make any sense unless an exclusive area were 'rented'.

I haven't done that many Meet and Greets, but the couple that I have been to were more iinformal, and everybody could get drinks and come and go as they pleased.

While I might have more understanding of a truly 'Private Event'....

Princess just might be really Jumping the Shark with this one!!!

There are no restrictions on walking around the ship with a drink. Passengers do it all the time. Of course, it's a little tricky it you have a drink in a stemmed martini glass.

I realize that but they might not allow people to enter the lounge with a drink in their hand.

I realize that but they might not allow people to enter the lounge with a drink in their hand.

We can always just walk out. On our cruise leaving next Sunday our roll call represents a full 10% of passengers on the ship. If they implement something this stupid I think it would be great for the entire Meet and Greet group to walk out and leave the officers standing there alone.