Best snacks or small meal?

Jimorel

I am totally new to Princess and have only been on one other cruise. I have a seven day adventure coming up and am wondering where are the best places to grab either a quick bite or a snack? Any snack, any time from dawn to bedtime and I am not a night owl. Thanks in advance!

I am sure others may have better info because of more cruises under their belts....but we found food almost all day long in the buffet and then of course there is ice cream, pizza and burgers available most all day.

There is also the International Cafe. All of these were easy access, just walk right up and have what you would like. Also, there is room service available. I also went to the buffet and fixed a plate of cheeses, fruit, etc and took it back to our stateroom. There are mini fridges in most rooms.

You will not go hungry unless you want too.

I'm also a fan of the International Café for a light snack (or even a meal). They have some delicious prepared salads and things like quiche and sandwiches. And of course all the desserts--small enough portions that you don't feel guilty having more than one occasionally.

Like the above posts have said Regal has lots of places to get a good snack. The buffet is open to about 11PM. You can get a snack to a full meal there at all most any time. When at the Regal's buffet, make sure to check out the whole buffet from mid ship to aft.

The International Cafe is what you want. I love it for small meals and snacks. It's the first place I go in the morning for my fresh brewed coffee and egg mcmuffin. We also love the salads they have during the day, especially the shrimp salad. If you want a good sandwich, they have several to choose from and they'll grill it hot and fresh on the panini grill if you like.

The donuts in the morning are a little too heavy for my taste though. I prefer a lighter dough.

I am totally new to Princess and have only been on one other cruise. I have a seven day adventure coming up and am wondering where are the best places to grab either a quick bite or a snack? Any snack, any time from dawn to bedtime and I am not a night owl. Thanks in advance!

Like others, I would suggest the International Cafe, especially in those dawn hours. I would also suggest that you get a coffee card if you enjoy a good cup of coffee and/or tea with that IC bite.

Wow. There are so many places, check them all out

International Cafe - Open 24/7, sandwiches, salads, soup, desserts doughnuts and more.

Buffet, it's very large on the Regal and open all day and evening. In the afternoon they offer snack type items, like tacos, chips ans salsa. plus lots of sweets, fruits, etc.

Outrigger Bar may have some snacks around 3pm.

If you are in your bathing wear by the pool there is the Trident Grill, Prego Pizza and the soft ice cream bar.

If you purchase a drinks at one of the bars you can request a serving of bar nuts or bar mix. Believe Crooner's also has an strip of olives, at least they use to have one.

Oh, don't forget the afternoon tea in one of the DR's, every non formal day. On formal days there is a special tea for an additional charge.

All Above no charge.

In the evening you may want some sea food at the Ocean Terrace Seafood Bar. Items are menu priced.

All great suggestions. One thing I would add is go for the late TD seating or plan to eat late ATD. We eat so much so often during the day it takes until 8:15PM until we are hungry enough for dinner.

We also really like the sushi in the buffet (when offered) or in Vines with a glass of wine. It's not the finest you will ever eat but it's really quite good and qualifies as a small meal/snack if you just eat a few pieces. Earlier in the cruise is always better. If Vines smells fishy you might want to pass.

We can/have made a meal out of the Vines tapas which are comped if you order a glass of wine, which is a given for us. sometimes i'll get the second tapas with a second glass of wine while my wife may venture over to the IC to get something lite / dessert and maybe a coffee that's plenty for us on some nights.

Well let me expand the question, ARE THERE CERTAIN DAYS that are special?

Not really. The HC (buffet) will have different type of food different days like German, Mexican etc along with the usual fare. The pizzeria has a special pie each day along with the standard fare. The IC will have different salads late at night as well as deserts along with the usual offerings.

The pizza at Alfredos has pizza at lunch and it is yummy! I think it is only on port days, but not for sure.

i agree wholeheartedly with your description of the pizza! Alfredos is only on certain ships - the Royal and Regal for sure and I think it was on the Sapphire too when we sailed it in 2012. On the Royal and Regal it is open everyday from 11 am to 11 pm or so and in addition to pizza the menu includes two pasta dishes (the agnolotti in veal sauce is wonderful), appetizers, salads and dessert (tiramisu). In 2012 on the Sapphire the menu was much more limited - just pizza if I remember correctly.