Why people bother saying it's great or bad without giving reason WHY???

Tonsoffun44

Just can't understand those who post about ships/ports an only say "it's great you'll love it" or "it's bad" an don't give any reasons WHY.

You don't know us an we don't know you. How can a new person to the ship/port get an idea if they might really enjoy it or not by simply saying such things. Giving actual reasons why positive or negative will help a heck of a lot more.

Just can't understand those who post about ships/ports an only say "it's great you'll love it" or "it's bad" an don't give any reasons WHY.

You don't know us an we don't know you. How can a new person to the ship/port get an idea if they might really enjoy it or not by simply saying such things. Giving actual reasons why positive or negative will help a heck of a lot more.

WHY does this bother you so much?

Quite frankly, from what I read around here, people overwhelmingly describe WHY they love or hate a cruise or port. Many give too much information. So can you please refer us to the posts you are talking about. That would help us understand WHY you are upset.

Have you ever asked any of those CC posters "WHY"?

Why? Because these (as of yet unidentified) posts are people expressing their opinions about something, and opinions are NOT the same thing as facts. And to paraphrase a well known saying, "Opinions are like noses. Everybody has one."

Hi

Some people are only willing to do a thumbs up or thumbs down. Sort of like voting...the majority must be right :D. Doesn't really matter what they say, you will have to make up your own mind. You can always press them for more details and hope they respond.

I agree with the OP. If I am reading a review or "thoughts" about your cruise I want to know why you like or dislike things. If you say the beaches are beautiful then I know I have look for some thing else about that port. If you say the food is terrible I want to know why.

The more info you receive from a review the more likely it will be helpful.

I agree with the OP on this. I see it all the time. Someones will ask "what is your favorite port in the Eastern Caribbean". But strangers responding with just "St Thomas" or "San Juan" is meaningless and not at all helpful. What you love about St Thomas may be something I would want to avoid. Not the end of the world. I just ignore those replies and look at the ones that do provide some actual insight.

Of course providing details is helpful: stating what it is that you like, or dislike, about a port, a ship or a line helps readers form their views.

At the very least, it will keep someone from responding to a brief post in which you simply say "I really like X a lot" - by briefly posting : "You're wrong!".

Of course providing details is helpful: stating what it is that you like, or dislike, about a port, a ship or a line helps readers form their views.

At the very least, it will keep someone from responding to a brief post in which you simply say "I really like X a lot" - by briefly posting : "You're wrong!".

Exactly aren't these boards supposed to be "helpful"?? Just the vague "you'll love it" or "the food is worse than____ line" but nothing explaining WHY the person may love or hate isn't helpful.

LOL This is CC, a reviewer could write a War and Peace length review and it will still get "You're wrong!"

Many many times previous posts have already explained in depth my opinion in depth, so I only add the required words for polling data. If 80% have the same opinion, only a few explanations to the opinions are required.

Let's be truthful, don't you get tired of the same repeated post over and over? So, I personally find ""it's great you'll love it" or "it's bad" refreshing.

Burt

Normally it doesn't bother me, but before coming on here tonight I was looking at someone's pictures of the sun rising as they sailed up the river into Lisbon, a beautiful entrance to a lovely city. Someone remarked that they didn't like Lisbon, which did amaze me, for I could think of so many reasons to love it, but they must have had a bad experience.

Sometimes I would like to know the reason why such remarks are made.