Where to buy rum runners locally?

Rufftackle

Hi there!

Just booked a cruise last minute. Went to restock on rum runners (lost a few in the last few years) and didn’t have enough time to order them from the “original” website. The ones I checked on Amazon last night wouldn’t arrive until Monday, which is when the cruise leaves.

Has anyone found luck finding a 32oz Water collapseable flask at their local sporting goods store? I imagine this could be used as a rum runner.

Thanks!

Sporting good store had them but they are far more visible on the scanner machines than actual rum runners. Bring one empty for water an it's spotted every time. Not made the same as the runners.

Hi there!

Just booked a cruise last minute. Went to restock on rum runners (lost a few in the last few years) and didn’t have enough time to order them from the “original” website. The ones I checked on Amazon last night wouldn’t arrive until Monday, which is when the cruise leaves.

Has anyone found luck finding a 32oz Water collapseable flask at their local sporting goods store? I imagine this could be used as a rum runner.

Thanks!

I’ll also swing by the liquor store and wine store, as I’ve seen something similar there’s

Thanks everyone for the replies. Looks like I’ll be paying $40 for overnight shipping then.

Mmmmm. He's willing to buy rum runners plus pay $40 for overnight delivery to smuggle booze, but not willing to spend that money to buy drinks on board like an honest person? What is wrong with this picture?

Mmmmm. He's willing to buy rum runners plus pay $40 for overnight delivery to smuggle booze, but not willing to spend that money to buy drinks on board like an honest person? What is wrong with this picture?

Since we can't seem to get a like button...(y)(y)(y)(y)

I was kinda thinking the same thing - add the cost of the rum runners plus the overnight delivery charge plus the booze to fill them divided by the number of drinks to be had v the cost of those same drinks on board probably isn't worth the difference. But anything to get over on the cruise lines I guess.........:rolleyes:

Hi there!

Thanks!

Hi

A lot of people just put full bottles of liquor in their suitcase and sometimes it is found and sometimes it isn't. No real effort involved (or expense) compared to your rum runners. Then you wouldn't be trying to sneak it on...it would just be up to the cruise line to find it. No different than people who bring on other "prohibited" item like "steamers" or "kettles" which are mentioned quite often on this site.

just a suggestion

I don’t care what OP does, but this seems silly.

There is a certain level of “intellect” which gets more satisfaction from “winning” than from thinking.

My son in law carried them on one of our cruises while we just bought the drink package. I like the occasional Diet Dr. Pepper, which I can't get on the ship, and I've carried a 6 pack along. If they confiscate it, it's no big deal because I purchase the drink package anyway. I just don't see what kind of savings is involved. Besides, you've got to go to the cabin, get the rum runner out and mix your drink, then carry it with you up on deck. Time for another drink? Instead of motioning to the bartender, you've got to run back to your cabin.

• 2 months later...

Your math ain’t very good. Rum runners can save several hundred dollars on a cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Cheaper than $40 would be to buy a box of wine, drink over weekend and use the inner.

Some people are very unkind with what they post !

I haven't used 'Rum Runners' but it is not my place to 'have a go' at those who do !!!!!!

Live and let live.

Bon Voyage!