How far would you drive for a short 3/4 night cruise??

When we first started cruising we drove from Vermont to Miami, 28 hours. Flying was too cost prohibitive. Now that we don't have to worry about kids we could fly but not sure I'd do that for anything less than a 7 day (unless the short cruise was in addition to another reason for flying, like going to Universal or Disney for a few days).

I would never even choose a 3-4 day cruise! Too short!! Not enough time onboard to warrant the cost of travel there and back. With that said, if you lived right near any port, then go for it, but I would have to drive at least 6 hours for the nearest ports (NYC and Boston), and that’s too far to me unless I planned being in port city for a vacation also. I guess if I lived in a port city I would do short cruises, but that’s the only time.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Well, I drove about 12 hours each way for a 4 day vacation around Christmas, so yea, I'd rather do 7 1/2.

There are cheap flights that can be had too. Especially on a 3-4 day cruise, you might be able to combine luggage and pay only 1 baggage fee.

We live 45 minutes from the Port of Tampa and 1.5 hours from Port Canaveral and have taken numerous 4-5 day cruises from these ports (also 7 day cruises). Wouldn't drive any longer for short cruises. We drive to Port Everglades for 10-day cruises and it takes 3.5 hours.

I won't even head to the port 20 minutes from my house for anything less than 5 days. Even 5 day cruises are too short for us but we did do a 5 day from port of Charleston as we are in the area and the dates were perfect. If we have to head down to Florida where the drive is between 6-10 hours depending on the port, it has to be at least seven nights.

three day cruises are really short. Do you have the time to do b2b? and do the 3&4? We loved doing a 5 & 4 because on first cruise we did all the stuff we wanted to do and then if we missed anything we could do 2nd cruise or just chill.

A bargain 3-4 day cruise? I'd consider driving (or taking the train) down to the San Diego cruise terminal (95 miles). For not such a great deal, but I really needed a break, I'd only drive down to San Pedro/Long Beach (25-30 miles). Otherwise, like another poster said, a 3-4 day cruise really isn't long enough for me these days.

45 minutes at the most.

That's about my limit. I have only taken one cruise of less than a week: a four day Carnival from New York to Canada. My daughter drove me to Stamford (1O minutes) for the train to New York (45 minutes) and I took a taxi to the terminal (15 minutes).

Not only is the cruise too short to be worth the travel time, the odds are that you will be with a couple of thousand people who makes that sort of mistake -a new use for the title: "Ship of Fools".

How far is too far for a short cruise????

We won't make flights that require a connecting flight for that short a cruise. Flight would have to be only 2 hours.

Probably wouldn't drive more than 6 hours for a 4 day cruise