Taking 2 adult children along, any ideas for economical way to not share same cabin?

You also might want to price out 2 cabins: 2 insides would be the least expensive I'd think, but many people in one family book one balcony and one inside room, or two connecting insides or balcony rooms. Lots of options.

Have a great time. We have taken our adult children on several cruises with us and it's such a wonderful family time together, so many good memories. :):):)

We are planning a summer 2018 cruise to Alaska. Want to take our 2 adult children along, economically, without sharing our cabin with them. Any ideas on 2 bedroom cabins or suites? We have booked on NCL.

We have an NCL planned for December. My husband and I and our 4 children and his parents. We did 3 total rooms. My husband and I got a balcony , so did my in laws and we put our children in an inside cabin nearby. My oldest child will be 18 at the time. It would’ve been a little cheaper if we had also got an interior room for ourselves, but I just didn’t want to give up the balcony!

We are going on a carnival cruise in 10 days and on this one we got a balcony for us and the kids , adjoining.

Hi

I do believe large suites would end up costing more than two separate cabins, as others have already said.

I just wanted to throw in my thoughts...For Alaska cruises...typically what you do off the ship is much more costly than the cabin prices. If you are going to fund the excursions, that would be where you could try to save some money with advanced research. Certainly take the time to read up on the Alaska & Canada/Alaska "port of call" threads. Also take the time to read up on the American homeports "West coast departure" threads. If the "children" are going to fund their excursions themselves, they should take the time to do this as well. There are ways to not spend too much and see a lot but it takes some research.

It is not too early to start this research now. It is only a limited season and car rentals get booked up quickly as well as many excursions.

have a great cruise

Call NCL and book the cabin that you want. Call back and book a “sail away” cabin for your adult kids. Tell them to link the bookings together. They will be assigned a cabin as close to yours as possible. Or you can both book sail away cabins and link them but you won’t get a choice of cabins or perks.

My sister joined our group last October (after final payment) and got a cabin on the same deck 9 for $600 less than the rest of the group.

I just returned from a 10 day Mediterranean cruise on the Spirit in an inside sail away cabin on deck 10 for $750cdn ($525us) per person.

Another vote for the Sailaway rate. We had three cabins on the NCL Escape last December. Booked all balcony guarantees and linked reservations together. Decided after all the years of sharing cabins or putting kids in an inside, they would all get balconies this time. With the Sailaway rate, son was by himself and there was no single supplement charge. Daughter and boyfriend were in the second cabin and husband and me in third. We got great cabin assignments together so I pulled our upgrade offer and kept what we were given.