Are you and inadvertant pet peeve?

phoenix_dream

I’m peeved about all these peeves!!! My biggest peeve is peevish people pushing particuar pet peeves that don’t bother me because they are just things I do such as rushing onto elevators so I don’t miss it even if I have to body cross some geezer on a walker, and slamming my SR door so I know it’s properly closed!

If you don’t like that and you get ‘peeved’, get a life! we are all on vacation and I should do whatever I want to do. I mean, back home I have to follow all those stupid rules because I may offend someone I’ll see again, but on a cruise, who cares? I’ll never see any of these peevish prickly people possibly in perpetuity.

My person pet peeve is, I once asked the guy leaning on his balcony rail next to mine if he had a light - my cigar had gone out - he just ignored me until I yelled at him and asked him if he was a complete idiot....he then, and I can’t believe this, he then called security on me. Wow, what a peevish person!

Den

Denny,

Too funny and so true, I love your sarcasm.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Forums mobile app

That's when you play that childhood game .... a little differently ...

Red Rover Red Rover I'm busting through .... :D

This is the reason that although my daughter is 15 we still push her around in a stroller the size of a suv. Clipping someone in the ankles with it really gets them to move out of the way.

I’m peeved about all these peeves!!! My biggest peeve is peevish people pushing particuar pet peeves that don’t bother me because they are just things I do such as rushing onto elevators so I don’t miss it even if I have to body cross some geezer on a walker, and slamming my SR door so I know it’s properly closed!

If you don’t like that and you get ‘peeved’, get a life! we are all on vacation and I should do whatever I want to do. I mean, back home I have to follow all those stupid rules because I may offend someone I’ll see again, but on a cruise, who cares? I’ll never see any of these peevish prickly people possibly in perpetuity.

My person pet peeve is, I once asked the guy leaning on his balcony rail next to mine if he had a light - my cigar had gone out - he just ignored me until I yelled at him and asked him if he was a complete idiot....he then, and I can’t believe this, he then called security on me. Wow, what a peevish person!

Den

Welcome back, Denny, and thanks for the laugh....the tears are running down my cheeks. You and I reached 1,000 posts the same day and I always enjoyed your posts. Then you seemed to disappear. Glad you're back.

Right now I needed this laugh as "my ship" is sailing from Phuket to Colombo and I'm not on it! I saw it on the webcam in Phuket yesterday.We had to cancel it and the next sailing for health reasons.

My pet peeve is the slammimg door people also. I also love those who stroll down the hall at 2 AM shouting and laughing like they were the only ones on the ship.

Phoenix_dream, you are too kind. If you don't want to slam your door to show them how it sounds, how about a little phone call at, say, 8AM? They'll absolutely love to hear from you:D

Den

My pet peeve is when I'm brewing up a can of outrage about someone's post and then I realise they were just having a wind up and I have to waste all the steam out of the can.

My pet peeve are the people who are so heavy handed with their perfume/cologne/aftershave. Honestly, if people can smell you from 5 feet away, youre wearing too much. If people run out en mass from the elevator after you get on, you're wearing too much. If the people at the next table in the MDR can't tell what their food smells or tastes like because of the fumes wafting around them, you're wearing too much. Lighten up already!

Mine is the people who want every elevator ride to be a party, and the more the merrier. The doors will be slowly closing and their hand will shoot out and stop it’s progress. They’ve spotted someone who has entered the elevator lobby, and that person MUST be on our elevator!! It’s an elevator..NOT the last helicopter out of Vietnam. Another one will come along soon.

My pet peeve is people who cough into the air.

This should probably be my top pet peeve as it can have the worst impact. How anyone can be so oblivious and/or ignorant and/or selfish as to cough all over the place without covering their mouths is absolutely beyond me! I see SO many instances of this happening on my cruises. Please, please, please people - if you have to cough do it into your elbow (preferably) or into the hand you don't use to open doors, push buttons, etc.

I feel like this could be such an important post! I would feel terrible if I found out that something that I do out of habit or without thinking is terribly rude.

A personal pet peeve of mine is when people let their children in the adults only areas. I get that some people like to have their kids nearby, or don't feel comfortable leaving their children in the kids clubs. BUT then they should use the pool that is open to everybody, no matter how crowded it is.

And I know this isn't just a pet peeve of mine because I don't have kids. What about the couple who is celebrating an anniversary or first vacation in who knows how many years without their kids? I'm sure they want some peace and quiet too...

I’m usually one to let things roll off my back pretty easily...

BUT! The track runners at 11am on sea day on our last cruise were ridiculous. The decks were packed, some of the more ‘mature’ clientele already moves slowly, and then you have a handful of people sprinting like they are training for the Ironman. And a few on top of that who power walked, complete with walking sticks. While I appreciate their commitment to their running, maybe try the treadmill next time and you won’t have to shout ‘behind you!!’ every 10 seconds.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

OK, another elevator pet peeve... :D

I am sure you know the situation.

You press the button and wait patiently for an elevator. The elevator door opens and it is almost full. Of course you wait for people to get out and step back. In that moment the people that came last squeeze in...

I hate it when people get off the elevator, stand there, look me in the eye and say “where’s the bingo” (or whatever). I now either ignore them or say do you see a Celebrity name tag on me. I feel they just can’t be bothered to research the location of the events they are looking for.

I hate it when I get out of the lift, stand there, look someone in the eye and say, “Where’s the bingo?” (or whatever), and they either ignore me or say, “Do you see a Celebrity name tag on me?” :cool::halo::evilsmile:

lots of annoyances...

- people getting into the elevator and stopping....no one steps to the rear.

- people who surge in front of disabled folks to get on the elevators.

- people in the next balcony who bring their wireless bluetooth speakers to the balcony and play music full blast

- people who "try" something in the buffet with their fingers (or nibble french fries from the serving dish)

- people who stand directly in front of (effectively blocking) the buffet bar (salad, etc) and just stand there deciding what they want

- people talking to guest svcs who tell their life story multiple times to the agent while you just wait to get a new card key

The list could go on....wouldn't it be wonderful if everyone thought about others? I've found the only solution is to drink alot :)

We had a “late night door slammer” as our next door neighbor once. Tolerated it about 3 days. I started slamming back at 6:30 a.m.

They noticed, it stopped, a truce ensued for the remainder of the cruise.

As for elevators, I’ve been on both sides of the door.

When waiting and it opens you want to run in.

When on it, and it opens, you wonder WHY won’t they let me get off, so they can get on?

My dw has a saying that, on vacation people forget to pack their manners.

It might be that they have no manners to pack. :o

Den

Peevishly thoughtful, Den. Nicely done!:D

Welcome back, Denny, and thanks for the laugh....the tears are running down my cheeks. You and I reached 1,000 posts the same day and I always enjoyed your posts. Then you seemed to disappear. Glad you're back.

Right now I needed this laugh as "my ship" is sailing from Phuket to Colombo and I'm not on it! I saw it on the webcam in Phuket yesterday.We had to cancel it and the next sailing for health reasons.

My pet peeve is the slammimg door people also. I also love those who stroll down the hall at 2 AM shouting and laughing like they were the only ones on the ship.

Phoenix_dream, you are too kind. If you don't want to slam your door to show them how it sounds, how about a little phone call at, say, 8AM? They'll absolutely love to hear from you:D

Which makes me wonder. Do stateroom phones have caller I.D. that will show a call is coming from another stateroom? I've not paid any attention.

while on a cruise a few years back this lady would reserve(chair hog) 8 plus loungers and hover over them and pace back and forth for hours like a sentry so her family had a place to sun bath or put their belongings. this would go on each sea day. the thing that made me mad was the pool attendants would do nothing about it:mad: yes my wife and would get down to pool deck early to get the chairs we wanted but one of us would stay by our chairs while the other got breakfast maybe 5 minutes at the most was the other chair not in use. so my pet peeve is chair hogs!

My pet peeve is the hand wavers. You know who you are. If you don't like that area don't go through it.
Can you please explain this further? I don't like being waived at by random people either.

On a serious note, are you talking about flyers that are handed out or actual people waving their hands?

Pet Peeve - Excessively slow and picky people at the buffet.

Careful to point out I don't mean people who are slow or infirm due to age or illness, I mean the people who will quite happily spend what seems like an eternity going through a bowl of whatever looking for the precise bit they want - oblivious to the fact there is now a queue waiting. By far the worst example of this was a woman who appeared to go through a whole tray of chips (fries) looking for the exact ones she wanted and putting them on her plate one at time - and boy did she want a lot of them. She must have been there about 2 minutes. It's a buffet, It's chips, get a scoop full and move on!

Edited by DYKWIA