New final payment due date

Love2cruise77

Interesting, maybe other companies apply similar policies. What would happen in a B2B2B 10 + 11 + 7 = 28, would they be counted separately or only one together?

If you book them as three separate reservations, then it's based on the individual length of the cruise. If you combine sailings, then it's based on the combined length of the cruise.

I just got off the phone with my T/A. She told me this new policy only covers new bookings that start next week with the release of those itineraries everyone is waiting for. I'm thinking of calling Princess to see if I get the same answer.....:):):)

Bob

I just got off the phone with my T/A. She told me this new policy only covers new bookings that start next week with the release of those itineraries everyone is waiting for. I'm thinking of calling Princess to see if I get the same answer.....:):):)

Bob

Based on this statement my TA received in an email from the Princess VP of Sales, the new procedure will apply to all new releases for cruises sailing after Summer 2019.

Starting with our 2019-2020 Australia, New Zealand and South Pacific Program, going on sale
, and for all subsequent program releases, a new final payment policy goes into effect aimed at encouraging guests to finalize their cruise bookings earlier and help reduce the likelihood of cruise cancelations. Cruises through the end of Summer 2019 are unaffected and will continue to use our existing policy.

Based on this statement my TA received in an email from the Princess VP of Sales, the new procedure will apply to all new releases for cruises sailing after Summer 2019.

Starting with our 2019-2020 Australia, New Zealand and South Pacific Program, going on sale
, and for all subsequent program releases, a new final payment policy goes into effect aimed at encouraging guests to finalize their cruise bookings earlier and help reduce the likelihood of cruise cancelations. Cruises through the end of Summer 2019 are unaffected and will continue to use our existing policy.

So our Sky T/A will be under the old policy, correct?

Bob

So our Sky T/A will be under the old policy, correct?

Bob

That’s the way I interpret it because the Sky’s cruise was released before the notification of the policy change was made.

Both of us are already booked on the Sky but don’t know if the new procedure would apply to new bookings made after the announcement of the change beginning after Summer 2019.

That’s the way I interpret it because the Sky’s cruise was released before the notification of the policy change was made.

Both of us are already booked on the Sky but don’t know if the new procedure would apply to new bookings made after the announcement of the change beginning after Summer 2019.

Hopefully so sir.....:):):)

Bob

90 days is already standard for Princess cruises booked in the UK - it's on all our booked cruises ranging from 3 to 7 days. So I'm assuming no change

I think it doesn’t apply to us I the UK.

Whispers - Perhaps they are going to align the US with the rest of the world so no more refundable deposits and no more infinite opportunities to re-price :o

Whispers - Perhaps they are going to align the US with the rest of the world so no more refundable deposits and no more infinite opportunities to re-price :o

Whispers back - I'm good with even stevens ;)

Interesting, maybe other companies apply similar policies. What would happen in a B2B2B 10 + 11 + 7 = 28, would they be counted separately or only one together?

They all have separate due dates as long as there are separate booking numbers.

This is not cool. I’d say something else, but I don’t want another profile notice.....:mad::mad::mad:

Bob

Oooh, did they send you to the naughty corner?:eek: Must have been to many of us, because I didn't see you!:confused:

So if I am not encouraged to pay early, my cruise will be cancelled?

Edited to say - just emailed my TA and she confirmed this. I love how they use the word "encourage".

It was the OP who used that word, not Princess.

It was the OP who used that word, not Princess.

If you read post #29 that’s the descrription used by Princess that the OP & others referred to:

“new final payment policy goes into effect aimed at
encouraging
guests to finalize their cruise bookings earlier and help reduce the likelihood of cruise cancelations”

It was actually the word used by Princess in the email I received from them.

My TA sent me the email she received and it used the word "encouraging". So yes, directly from the VP of North America Sales Princess.

RCL now has non refundable deposits on all their cruises. Princess is still having refundable deposits so I think I like the way Princess is trying to discourage cancellations.

On all?..so you are saying you cannot book a RCI cruise with a refundable deposit? I knew they had the new policy for all suites....but all cabins..interesting.......

Last year Royal did this same thing...I am disappointed Princess is following.....but don't blame them....

Edited by land lover

Thanks for the info. I’m not to happy though. I like to keep my money under my mattress as long as I can. I sleep so much better with it. LOL

Tony

Doesn't that make your mattress really lumpy? ;)

We have four cruises booked and are anxiously waiting for the release of the fall 2019 and spring 2020 cruises. I have not been notified of an earlier final payment date so far. The new cruises however may have the new rules. Like others on here, I definitely like my money in my account until the last minute and no I don't keep it under the mattress. Actually I have a secret place in the dog house to keep it but don't tell the dog. :D

I have not been on an RCI cruise in over 5 years and the future does not look good. When they went to non-refundable FCD and their policy of not allowing stacked OBC (FCD or stockholder), that pretty well did it for me.

On all?..so you are saying you cannot book a RCI cruise with a refundable deposit? I knew they had the new policy for all suites....but all cabins..interesting.......

Last year Royal did this same thing...I am disappointed Princess is following.....but don't blame them....

You can absolutely book with a refundable deposit on RCL. You get a choice when you make a booking. Refundable is a slightly higher price.