Where to park scooters?

retired cruzer

Although I have been a long time member this my first post,due to being computer challenged. I am able to read the questions and answers but everything else is very difficult. I am on this sight most days and have learned enough to be considered the go to person about cruises from my friends. My wife and I have been cruising since 2006. We are platinum members with 25 cruises. We are getting up in age and have many health issues so getting around on the ship and especially in the ports is getting more difficult each cruise. Most of our cruises have been in balconies or suites. We will be celebrating our 50th anniversary in September on the Fantasy. We are thinking of getting scooters for each of us and also get an interior or ocean view room as that is all that is left. My question is,is there enough room in the cabin or anywhere else to park them? Thank you all for any suggestions you may have.

Edited by retired cruzer

Very unlikely you will have space for that unless you sail in an accessible room. Also regular doors might not be wide enough for them too.

You really need an accessible cabin for 2 scooters.

Most regular cabin doors aren't wide enough for the scooters to go through. If you do get them in the cabin, you will be cramped for walking space.

You can not leave them in the hall as other people with scooters and walkers will not be able to get by.

Sadly, the need for mobility assistance usually makes it impossbible to make a late booking. I'd suggest that you call Carnival or your TA and ask about "modified" staterooms on the Fantasy that can accommodate two scooters. "Modified" cabins are made for people in your situation - OK with walking in general but need some help for distance. A "regular" inside or oceanview will rarely have enough room to park one scooter much less two. And the scooters must also be recharged in your cabin. Carnival needs to know this so that they can have the appropriate extension cords ready for you.

Don't "hope" they will permit you to park in the hallway as they will not. I thinkt he fold up scoooter i dea is your best if you are going to be in that tiny cabin. You really ned a larger cabin to accomodate Two scooters.

Sadly, the need for mobility assistance usually makes it impossbible to make a late booking. I'd suggest that you call Carnival or your TA and ask about "modified" staterooms on the Fantasy that can accommodate two scooters. "Modified" cabins are made for people in your situation - OK with walking in general but need some help for distance. A "regular" inside or oceanview will rarely have enough room to park one scooter much less two. And the scooters must also be recharged in your cabin. Carnival needs to know this so that they can have the appropriate extension cords rd my postready for you.[/

Disregard my post

I now am solo but would have a hard time dealing with that cabn just for me, alone. ;yikes

I think I'd rather stay at home than spend a week in that cabin, whichever way you position the beds.

Agree!! Interesting how the lack of a balcony and the huge window that comes with it turns what could have been a nice room into something that might be found at a Motel 6. :eek:

The problem with scooters that can be taken apart is that it really requires an able-bodied person to put them together and take them apart. My sister - who can walk some distances and do a few stairs - rented one for a "sister trip", and she would NEVER have been able to have take the thing apart and put it together. The battery section is REALLY heavy.

As for the snide comments about the cabin - if it's what you can afford, you pay it and enjoy your trip. Doesn't need other folks to disparage the choice. And I could live in the tiny space IF there were some natural light. A room four time the size would not do it for me if it were an inside (tried one once. Didn't work for me).

As for the snide comments about the cabin - if it's what you can afford, you pay it and enjoy your trip. Doesn't need other folks to disparage the choice. And I could live in the tiny space IF there were some natural light. A room four time the size would not do it for me if it were an inside (tried one once. Didn't work for me).

The one making snide comments is you. No one had said anything about what other people think about these rooms. Only what they themselves think. It is YOU who made it personal by criticizing people instead of the rooms themselves.

As for me, if I can't afford a decent room, I will wait until I can. A vacation is about quality time, not how little money I can get away with. I will only take a cruise if I can be comfortable and enjoy the experience. Being cooped up in a tiny room with a small window, or none at all, is something I might have done in college or on a busy business trip, not on a vacation. Those are my values, and if you don't like them, then move on. Nothing for you here.

We all have a right to comment on what we do or don't like. But not to criticize people and accuse them of making snide comments just because you don't agree with what they write.

It's actually a roomy cabin, an inside on a Fantasy class ship of Carnival. It's as large as any cabin on Princess until you get to mini-suite. WE have stayed in expensive hotel rooms in Europe that were smaller. EM

I made no comment about the people who book this type of cabin. As has been already mentioned, I would prefer not to travel at all if this was the only type of cabin we could afford.

No different to any other holiday. We like self catering, but always rent a whole house rather than an apartment, as we prefer the extra space and quietness. If we cannot get the accommodation we want, we wait until we can afford it.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Forums mobile app

I think it is insensitive to mention that a cabin is not good enough for you.

I suppose, though we could and perhaps should turn it around: I view attachment to creature comforts as a weakness, one that after so many decades I am now too old to wean myself off of. I consider the addition cost of larger and more luxurious staterooms to be a penalty I have to incur ("penalty" because it means I can afford fewer traveling experiences in total) as consequence of not learning how to enjoy myself without being surrounded by the trappings of comfort. Do you know the saying, "Youth is wasted on the young?" I almost think that, "Affluence is wasted on the affluent." Those who have lived with so much less for all their lives might be able to appreciate so much more that which we take for granted.

I think it is insensitive to mention that a cabin is not good enough for you.

No more insensitive than to mention preferring not to drink Two Buck Chuck. Everyone has thresholds when it comes to discretionary spending. The greater ones discretionary funds, the more likely certain types of accommodations (or beverages, or whatever) will be deemed inadequate.

Agree!! Interesting how the lack of a balcony and the huge window that comes with it turns what could have been a nice room into something that might be found at a Motel 6. :eek:

I understand what you are saying, but I don't think they were planning to remain in the cabin. What are the scooters to be used for? Going to the WC?