How much of the 11 pages of E docs do I need to print?

wales4ever

EXCEPTION FOR CUBA PASSENGERS

If you are going to Cuba, be on the lookout for four important pages in the middle of the long boarding pass document - the Cuba affidavit that you must sign and present before boarding. They had copies available at embarkation. but it slows down the process if you overlooked them prior to your arrival at the ship. (Veendam presently)

I print all of them, but print a double copy of the first page (boarding pass). I keep the packet aside in the carry on, and hand over the 2nd copy of the boarding pass at the pier. That is just me. Others may do it differently. I know it is a lot of paper, but I would rather have it in case I need it.

EXCEPTION FOR CUBA PASSENGERS

If you are going to Cuba, be on the lookout for four important pages in the middle of the long boarding pass document - the Cuba affidavit that you must sign and present before boarding. They had copies available at embarkation. but it slows down the process if you overlooked them prior to your arrival at the ship. (Veendam presently)

That's a big deal and should not be buried in a long document like that.

I only print the first page for each of us. I print extra copies of luggage tags and put one inside each checked bag in case the tag on the outside comes off.

We print just the first page but put a copy of the full pdf on the netbook that DH brings on board. In many cases we have not even been asked for that first page, but it's good to have just in case you are asked.

none! According to Holland America Reservations the whole thing is just for your records. They need your reservation number and picture id.
The Broward County Sheriffs sometimes want to see it when entering Port Everglades, and sometimes we have been asked for it to enter PE terminal buildings. But not always.

none! According to Holland America Reservations the whole thing is just for your records. They need your reservation number and picture id.

Page 1 only.

We have been asked in Ft Lauderdale to show our passports at we enter the port security and sometimes they also ask to show our boarding passes.

Same thing at the cruise terminal -- quite a few times we have had to show our boarding passes before we could enter the terminal.

I glance through it and choose the pages that I might want to refer to later. There are emergency phone numbers in there and port information. I print the port info because we rarely use HAL transfers and I want to know what to tell a cab or uber driver. So including the boarding pass, I usually end up with three or four pages.

Like another Poster, I am more comfortable in printing the whole thing, but have started the practice of keeping only the 1st page with my travel documents, i.e. Passport in one of my thankfully saved HAL Blue Documents Folders. The other pages will be in my carry-on. During my most recent embarkation experience, the check-in agent didn't even need that. I asked her if she did not need to keep the page and was told no as she gave it back to me.

I do agree, as others have said, that sometimes Port Security officials may want to see it and/or a Passport when entering a port or even a terminal facility. Better to have the paperwork than not, I believe!

I print page one and save the entire document on my iPhone in case I need to refer to it.

There's some debate whether or not you even "need" to print the first page, but as HAL requests that we do so, and as it's such a simple task, I do so. I'd like to see HAL going the way of the airlines and adopting e-boarding passes, but I'm not holding my breath.

I print the whole thing for me, but then only page 1 for my traveling companion. I like to have at least one copy of everything just in case.

I like to print the whole E-doc and then just a copy of the first page for DW. I don't remember if we are asked for it or not because we always have it ready.

I print the whole thing double sided, times 4. Then print a second copy of just page 1 for all 4 of us. We have never been allowed in a boarding area without showing page 1 for each of us.

I always print p.1, as it can be needed to enter the port area, or the terminal.

I take a good look at the other pages to see if there is important information, such as confirmations of HAL transfers, or HAL hotel arrangements. If so, then I print those pages so I know what I'm doing, and to have proof in case the HAL representative has a mix-up in her paperwork.