Most Interesting Person You've Ever Met On A Cruise

Former Merritt Islander here. I have a hard time explaining how very un-sterotypically "south" parts about being raised on the island were. Sure -- lot's of southern hospitality, but with a heavy dose of California Rocket Scientists... my dad being one of those.

Spent 20 years on Merritt Island, until we moved out here west of Titusville. Was great during that time to just be able to call a taxi to take us to the port. ;) :D

On a Disney Cruise we teamed up in trivia with a woman my age (33) and her husband. It just so happened that she turned out to have been my pen pal on the DIS teen forum (a Disney fan forum) back when we were 16-17. It was shocking!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That is awesome! Love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On our last cruise we were seated for lunch at a table for two. The next table for 2 was practically joined to ours so we started a light-hearted conversation with our fellow diners. One of the men was a true comedian who kept us laughing throughout. At one point he told us he was once a priest...we thought it was part of his schtick and waited for the punchline. But no, it was true. He became serious for a moment to say that he'd left the priesthood to become a pediatric neurosurgeon, now retired. His friend showed us his official hospital photo. Just amazing how you can never judge a book by its cover.

Think what you like, why would I care what a stranger thinks, I met him, not you, I saw his medals and his discharge papers.
You know, I can see how you would see his medals, but how did you come to see discharge papers. Seems an odd thing to bring to dinner.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Actually there were 2 individuals. They were a couple and spent some 6 months at a time on the Adventure OTS when we sailed out of San Juan many years ago. They were the most elegant and spiffily dressed individuals on the ship. Each night, one of the gentleman had a different and interesting man bag to go along with his haberdashery. One, I believe one was from Denmark, supposedly, of Danish Royalty and the other was from Majorca Spain.

Can't remember their names, but they are well known in RCL circle.

We had cruised with them a few years ago. Remember one of them wore a bejeweled Indian garb on formal night. People told us they were real jewels not plastic, and that they designed their own chothes. Shame if they got banned, but they aren't the only high points members to have been banned for Royal I know of at least 3 others.

Actually there were 2 individuals. They were a couple and spent some 6 months at a time on the Adventure OTS when we sailed out of San Juan many years ago. They were the most elegant and spiffily dressed individuals on the ship. Each night, one of the gentleman had a different and interesting man bag to go along with his haberdashery. One, I believe one was from Denmark, supposedly, of Danish Royalty and the other was from Majorca Spain.

Can't remember their names, but they are well known in RCL circle.

They were the rudest people I have ever met!!! They used to talk about you in Spanish ( as if people don’t understand that language <<roll eyes>>) in the elevator... making comments on your dress or shoes...

They were the rudest people I have ever met!!! They used to talk about you in Spanish ( as if people don’t understand that language <<roll eyes>>) in the elevator... making comments on your dress or shoes...

Not surprising they were banned. Must have been awful to the crew. Can't stand that kind of snobbish, entitled behavior.

Actually, our experience was that Paxs made fun of their relationship and their haberdashery. Remember one time on one of our Adventure sails a Pax commenting on the gentleman pointy shoes in the elevator on the way to dinner.

I have a photo of the most interesting person I’ve ever met on a cruise...are we allowed to post things like that?

If you have to ask then I would assume no. There are other message boards on the Internet if you want to post something that would be banned on this family-friendly cruise board. And for the record, I assume you already know that.

If you have to ask then I would assume no. There are other message boards on the Internet if you want to post something that would be banned on this family-friendly cruise board. And for the record, I assume you already know that.

Agree, I would not post a picture of someone without their permission.

We had cruised with them a few years ago. Remember one of them wore a bejeweled Indian garb on formal night. People told us they were real jewels not plastic, and that they designed their own chothes. Shame if they got banned, but they aren't the only high points members to have been banned for Royal I know of at least 3 others.

I do as well

You must assume a lot of things.

I asked because I’m new here.

And, you assume it’s not a “family friendly “ photo because I asked..?

Ignorant on your part, and comical, as I read MANY offensive posts on these family friendly boards.

I simply didn’t want to post someone’s face/ identity on here if it was against the rules.

And, “for the record”, it’s an older guy with a giant belt buckle, lots of gold rings, and a giant, nearly 4 foot tall, purple Mad Hatter hat that he wore everywhere. Nice guy, too.

Have a nice day assuming things that have no basis in reality. :)

I do as well

I can only think of one - the lady who complained about everything (including the infamous black light incident) and demanded compensation from the cruise line. She must have been a real gem to sail with.

This reminds me of a story a friend told. She had gone to Mexico and was walking down the beach when she heard a man say "Mira su enorme trasero", she then looked at him and said, "yes, I know my butt is big, but at least I'm not ugly like you".

Lots of interesting people....

A London Black Cab driver who had driven many famous people all over the city. He had been chosen to lead the taxi parade that went through the Chunnel when it opened in 1994.

A nurse who had served in Honolulu right after the Pearl Harbor attack and who had just attended a 50 year reunion She had many vivid memories - interesting up to the point where she began sobbing uncontrollably at the dinner table.

A man who had won a New York state lottery, retired to Florida and now cruised constantly. We stood next to him at the rail while leaving Nassau, enjoying the view until he said "Hang on to the rail, we're going to hit the sand bar.". Sure enough we did - he knew the harbor better than whoever was in charge on the bridge.

Going through the Panama Canal, the man on the next door balcony had taught jungle warfare for the Army and knew all about the whole area.

I'm sure I'll think of a few more as soon as I post this!

I've now lived in two cities with rocket scientists

Huntsville, AL

Cocoa Beach, FL

Houston and DC have a fair number also. And Cincinnati and Stennis, MS. LA.

Lots of places. :D

No unless the other person agrees to you posting their photo but you can post pictures of yourself.

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Forums mobile app

Hmmmm. Curious. Seems if a person voluntarily posed for a pic, then there wouldn't be an issue. Also, seems that if this was prohibited by law, places like You Tube & Facebook would be out of business. Unless of course this is a CC rule.

That's fine. You don't know me either, what I am going through. I meant no offense, I simply answered your question. And today has been fabulous considering my reality. :)

I'm pleased you had a fabulous day today and some of us who know your circumstances wish you well every day.

Regards. Graham

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Forums mobile app