Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

1 hour ago, jpalbny said:

Wow. That was fast.

Yes, it was REALLY fast. I was running some last minute errands and stopped to read the news on my phone......first event listed!   My best goes out to all in the UK.........

1 hour ago, Tothesunset said:

Cameron then May then Johnson then Truss. 

Who's next in that sequence? Hanibal Lecter? Coco the Clown? The Chuckle Brothers? 

Be careful what you wish for - there are potentially 357 of the parasites with a snout sniffing around the trough (and that is without a General Election). You really couldn't make this up.

1 minute ago, SteveH2508 said:

Be careful what you wish for - there are potentially 357 of the parasites with a snout sniffing around the trough (and that is without a General Election). You really couldn't make this up.

This is an ideal situation to introduce another option for emoji response.   I cannot use any of the current 3 options available.   Sympathies is what my emoji would say. 

I would swear I saw a quote within the last 24 hours or so about being a fighter, not a quitter.  And now she's a quitter?  British politics is confusing, but I do enjoy the little snippets we get here of when the PM goes and answers questions from members of the House of Commons.  As far as I know, the USA has nothing like it.

Best wishes to all in the UK.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, QueSeraSera said:

I would swear I saw a quote within the last 24 hours or so about being a fighter, not a quitter.  And now she's a quitter?  British politics is confusing, but I do enjoy the little snippets we get here of when the PM goes and answers questions from members of the House of Commons.  As far as I know, the USA has nothing like it.

The objective of Prime Ministers in the British system, and in countries like Australia with a system based on Britain, is to NOT answer the questions!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, turtlemichael said:

The objective of Prime Ministers in the British system, and in countries like Australia with a system based on Britain, is to NOT answer the questions!

Exactly so!  Canada has the same approach by Prime Ministers.   I think it's in rule book! 😅

• Like 2

1 hour ago, turtlemichael said:

And in a highly entertaining way, too. 

Still, I hope it will not be BoJo next. Might induce more „Back again. Dear oh dear…“

• Like 1

I only wish it was just a wonderful farce, and not serious.   I do feel for those people who are really anxious about how they are going to manage to live reasonably well this winter.  I consider myself lucky not to be one of them.  Just hope it will be someone capable taking over, though they will have huge problems to sort out.

Lola

• Like 3

If British politics of the last 6 years were made into a film script, no producer would touch it because it would be just too unbelievable. 

British politics needs to hit control-alt-del and reboot with a general election. 

Edited by Tothesunset
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, QueSeraSera said:

I am reminded of the song sung by King George in Hamilton:

I Know Him

(Lin-Manuel Miranda - Hamilton Cast)

[KING GEORGE]
They say
George Washington's yielding his power and stepping away
‘Zat true?
I wasn't aware that was something a person could do
I'm perplexed
Are they gonna keep on replacing whoever's in charge?
If so, who's next?
There's nobody else in their country who looms quite as large...

A sentinel whispers in King George's ear

John Adams?!
I know him
That can't be
That's that little guy who spoke to me
All those years ago
What was it, eighty-five?
That poor man, they're gonna eat him alive!
Oceans rise
Empires fall
Next to Washington, they all look small
All alone
Watch them run
They will tear each other into pieces
Jesus Christ, this will be fun!

Da da da dat da dat da da da da ya da
Da da da dat dat da ya daaaaa!

"President John Adams"
Good Luck

source: https://www.lyricsondemand.com/soundtracks/h/hamiltonlyrics/hamiltonact2albumlyrics.html#iknowhimlyrics

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Tothesunset said:

If British politics of the last 6 years were made into a film script, no producer would touch it because it would be just too unbelievable.

Nah, not because it’s unbelievable, but rather, because their schedule is already full filming an 8-season series of American politics and its implausibility.

• Haha 4