Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

2 minutes ago, mysty said:

Oh Yes!  Excellent suggestion clo!  Meal plus dessert!  🥰

In the 'olden days' (pre-March) we used to go out to lunch a couple of times a week and have a glass of wine and now we rarely do. So once or twice a week we'll fix an iced Irish. It's quite refreshing. And we use the Toddy cold brew coffee so we always have chilled coffee on hand.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TLCOhio said:

To J.P., the media reports this am says that big storm is heading straight to Albany, NY.  Lots of rain and wind!! 

We are about 15 miles north of JP, but no worries.  Since the storm came from Florida, it is required to self-quarantine for 14 days!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

23 minutes ago, FlyingScotSailors said:

We are about 15 miles north of JP, but no worries.  Since the storm came from Florida, it is required to self-quarantine for 14 days!

It never touched the peninsula. Just swirled out over the water. 

It didn't carry any germs from us!

No quarantine necessary.

😉

• Haha 2

45 minutes ago, clo said:

In the 'olden days' (pre-March) we used to go out to lunch a couple of times a week and have a glass of wine and now we rarely do. So once or twice a week we'll fix an iced Irish. It's quite refreshing. And we use the Toddy cold brew coffee so we always have chilled coffee on hand.

I like how you think clo!  Enjoy your creation!  🙂

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, spinnaker2 said:

No quarantine necessary.

But, it went straight through Central Virginia and Maryland.  Recent family (cousin) visitors belatedly heading to NY from their Florida property thought their 14 day quarantine started when they crossed the Virginia line headed north.  Email from them yesterday says no such luck, both Virginia and Maryland now on the 14 day quarantine list.  I'm living in a hot spot and didn't know it.  Refreshing our supply of face masks and ordering elderflower tonic - I'm afraid this is far from "under control".

8 minutes ago, QueSeraSera said:

But, it went straight through Central Virginia and Maryland.  Recent family (cousin) visitors belatedly heading to NY from their Florida property thought their 14 day quarantine started when they crossed the Virginia line headed north.  Email from them yesterday says no such luck, both Virginia and Maryland now on the 14 day quarantine list.  I'm living in a hot spot and didn't know it.  Refreshing our supply of face masks and ordering elderflower tonic - I'm afraid this is far from "under control".

Yes 

We in a very bad place.

We all must act accordingly.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, clo said:

Have you tried Plymouth?

I have not (yet).

Our go-to traditional London dry gin is Brokers. It goes well with Indian tonic but even better with aromatic tonic. Add a cinnamon stick or a few whole cloves and it's amazing.

We really love Magellan as a different flavor profile entirely, with Elderflower tonic. We have also been enjoying Hendrick's Midsummer Solstice with Mediterranean tonic. That one is enhanced by a sprig of thyme or rosemary.

Will have to grab a bottle of Nolet's though. I finally got some light tonic water and want to try that combination. We thought that the delicate flavors would go well with a tonic that doesn't overwhelm.

Looks like we need a lot of gin. Oh well.

Edited by jpalbny
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, jpalbny said:

Our go-to traditional London dry gin is Brokers.   Looks like we need a lot of gin. Oh well.

Sorry to J.P. and others.  Not a gin guy!!  Glad you enjoy and have it down in such a great and wonderfully detailed manner.  

Sorry for those who have faced the recent Atlantic Coast weather/storm challenges.  Know folks in Philadelphia area who have lost their power service due to that tropical/hurricane action.  Today in Central Ohio, it is now cool and refreshing at 58F with the rest of the day to be 

a high of 77°F with a "RealFeel" of 84°F, partly sunny and pleasant!!!

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

101746745_ScreenShot2020-08-05at8_30_02AM.thumb.png.ddcb7d72cbdd4a61c87c94eefd4024e2.png

1865364405_ScreenShot2020-08-05at8_30_14AM.thumb.png.cf7d21f6aa1eec7d70adf4e1fc99964f.png

9 hours ago, jpalbny said:

Will have to grab a bottle of Nolet's though.

This past weekend we finished off the bottle of Nolet's bought just 2-months ago.  Considering I hadn't drunk any gin since 1984 until the middle of the Covid-19 pandemic in May, is it problem that we've also polished off a bottle of Hendrick's Midsummer Solstice too?  

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Stumblefoot said:

This past weekend we finished off the bottle of Nolet's bought just 2-months ago.  Considering I hadn't drunk any gin since 1984 until the middle of the Covid-19 pandemic in May, is it problem that we've also polished off a bottle of Hendrick's Midsummer Solstice too?  

Yes, you are way too slow!

May was so many bottles ago, stumbles. We will be looking for our third Hendrick's of the summer shortly. You know, just to complement the Nolet's.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

To all of you that post so many funny stories. Quotes. Flowers .places etc ...

They are funny 😂 amazing 😉 & beautiful...

I'm now in my 20th week at home ( being high risk in UK ) so your posts are keeping me 

In the land of the living .... I wish I had something to contribute...

Last week I had to go for MRI scan full spine approx 50 mins in scanner & I went full makeup, hair done & mask it was my first day out since march 20th... I've never been so excited about going for a hospital visit ( I've been going since my diagnosis 2013) every 

2 months ...keep up the good work guys 😉 x

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Lvshack said:

To all of you that post so many funny stories. Quotes. Flowers .places etc ... They are funny 😂 amazing 😉 & beautiful... I'm now in my 20th week at home ( being high risk in UK ) so your posts are keeping me In the land of the living .... I wish I had something to contribute... Last week I had to go for MRI scan full spine approx 50 mins in scanner & I went full makeup, hair done & mask it was my first day out since march 20th... I've never been so excited about going for a hospital visit

Appreciate these above kind comments and this encouraging follow-up from our CC Board friend in scenic and historic Bath, UK.  Love that town and the many other charming areas of your country.  Will keep posting items that might be of interest and some "entertainment" during these challenging days.  

Was delayed a little posting today due to a medical appointment.  Got a CAT scan.  Nothing too serious.  Just checking!  Making sure nothing flares up again with any pesky kidney stones. 

Posted earlier today on another thread about the major cruises lines pushing back to early November, maybe, if and if, for starting any sailings from U.S. ports.  We are still a long way off from when cruising can resume to some smaller form of semi-"normal"

782054838_ScreenShot2020-08-06at12_35_01PM.thumb.png.795072342352f269c2e341b56214bbd8.png

885139582_ScreenShot2020-08-06at12_34_33PM.thumb.png.8ded24b995aa975136ec0bcd96795b95.png

1 hour ago, TLCOhio said:

Appreciate these above kind comments and this encouraging follow-up from our CC Board friend in scenic and historic Bath, UK.  Love that town and the many other charming areas of your country.  Will keep posting items that might be of interest and some "entertainment" during these challenging days.  

Was delayed a little posting today due to a medical appointment.  Got a CAT scan.  Nothing too serious.  Just checking!  Making sure nothing flares up again with any pesky kidney stones. 

Posted earlier today on another thread about the major cruises lines pushing back to early November, maybe, if and if, for starting any sailings from U.S. ports.  We are still a long way off from when cruising can resume to some smaller form of semi-"normal"

782054838_ScreenShot2020-08-06at12_35_01PM.thumb.png.795072342352f269c2e341b56214bbd8.png

885139582_ScreenShot2020-08-06at12_34_33PM.thumb.png.8ded24b995aa975136ec0bcd96795b95.png

Hi Terry thanks for your reply.hope your cat scan gives a positive outcome??☺ Having said I enjoy the posts ( which I do 😉 ) the humour is not always what I understand???

Duh !!!! Talking about future cruising I was booked on crystal cruise ( I know sorry !!) 

But all crystal cruise programs have been cancelled for the rest of the year....

So let's hope 2021 will go ahead sometime maybe  mid April/may....

I'm a positive girl and enjoy my cruise vacations very much so here's to 2021 🚢🍾🍾

Have a booking for Oct 2021  fingers crossed...

Once again thanks to all of the posts & back in  my early  days welcoming me to the board...

• Like 1