Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

Something I have noticed recently - and like many others, I find myself looking at CC more than usual at present,  is that many people are posting at what are strange times of the night for them, suggesting there a lot of  people around,  all over the world,  who are having difficulty sleeping.

I myself feel strangely out of kilter with the times, as do my friends and some of my family.  I do have a couple of reasons for being anxious and a bit depressed anyway, at present, which is not like me.  I fear that there will be a great deal of psychiatric fallout even when things improve.  And, whisper it quietly, some of our governments do not give us much reason to have faith in them!

So, it is especially good to read the 'funnies' here, and to see beautiful photos, whether of animals, gardens, cruise destinations or delicious food.  Please keep them coming.

Stay safe and well everyone.

Lola

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Will Work for Tiramisu said:

Audi cancelled the Euro delivery program.  I was so bummed - I had planned a way cool road trip from central Germany, Romantic Road, Alpine Road, into Switzerland, thru Black Forest, over to France and through the wine region west of the river, Salzberg, on toward Paris.  But - no dice brown rice.  Maybe another day, I hope.   So much cool stuff to see, can't wait til we can do it when/if the virus is under control. 

Thanks to all of you who have sent your condolences. Much appreciated.

We did another 7h round trip yesterday which was an inordinate amount of driving for the week. Fortunately the car held up, unlike Monday. And we were able to take care of the necessary business with the funeral home yesterday as well. So not much today other than picking up the new car later this morning.

WWFT you mentioned the Euro delivery program. That was such a wonderful experience. We did it twice, in 2014 with Chris's S7 and the next year with my S6. We packed more stuff into a week than I could have imagined. We had been holding off on the RS5 in hopes of them resuming that program but alas, with the Coronavirus it was not to be. There is talk that they may resume in 2022, but our dealer said that historically there has not been enough interest (or volume) to make it worthwhile and they may just permanently scrap it. What a shame.

Chris with her S7 along Lake Lauerz:

Germany%202014_05-133-L.jpg

My S6 at the Corniche de Lavaux, overlooking Lac Léman:

Germany%202015_09-215-L.jpg

Highly recommend DIY trips through this region. Germany, Switzerland, and Austria are such fun.

Edited by jpalbny
L'addition de l'accent aigu
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, lincslady said:

I myself feel strangely out of kilter with the times, as do my friends and some of my family.  I do have a couple of reasons for being anxious and a bit depressed anyway, at present, which is not like me.  I fear that there will be a great deal of psychiatric fallout even when things improve. So, it is especially good to read the 'funnies' here, and to see beautiful photos, whether of animals, gardens, cruise destinations or delicious food.  Please keep them coming.   Stay safe and well everyone.   Lola

YES!!  Agree with Lola above that these are very unique and strange times.  And, sadly, it is going to take long to re-start many parts of our lives, including travel and cruising.  Just need to hang in and keep surviving.  

Agree nice looking car pictures from J.P.  

Last week, Wednesday through Sunday, we had our son and two grandsons visiting from Virginia.  As they say "A Good Time Was Had by All!!"   First time to see them since early January before we left for New Zealand and the South Pacific.  We got back March 7 and then things went into the “lock-down”.  Below are some visuals from our grandsons visiting, a new basketball hoop up in our driveway, boys helping to wash a car, playing golf, etc.  Youngest grandson was eight Monday and he was so excited about his birthday.  The older grandson will be ten on Oct. 4.  They grow up FAST!!!!  Exciting ages. 

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise from Copenhagen, July 2010, to the top of Europe. Wonderful scenic visuals with key tips. Live/blog at 240,023

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

IMG_5298.thumb.jpeg.d9e9bb110ca5c0097f1b539d6b383ed9.jpeg

CMC_1825.thumb.jpeg.627459e0d71b961e5744c0130d36c5b2.jpeg

IMG_5372.jpeg.7170deb0ebb854bdd27c9751344dfb00.jpeg

• Like 2

Glad that Lola mentioned about the various types of "funnies" posted here to help us pass the time and make sure we keep things in some rough form of perspective. Below are are a couple more quotes and observations from famous folks of the past. More to come??!!

1549467581_ScreenShot2020-07-31at9_05_09AM.thumb.png.66a77f7aadebe8d812edd6150a899d48.png

1356911211_ScreenShot2020-07-31at9_05_40AM.png.fba297f8d96b29aa2f1389aca3c35469.png

Thanks all - and Chris and JP's loss of course puts it all into perspective.

Having had a (distanced) visit from a very old friend today; first time we had managed to meet for six months,  we were able to chat about the problems we have both had, and end up with a few giggles, which helps enormously.

It is terribly hot here in Lincs. today (by UK  standards), at about  88F (I know).  And of course we don't have aircon in most of our houses, so it is nice to get in the car and switch it on.  How did we ever drive to Spain in the summer with two small children, without it, I wonder.

Again, best wishes to all the people who cheer me up, on the Cooler

Lola

• Like 1

For Spins, Lois, etc., those in Florida are expecting soon a major storm with high winds, lots of rain, etc.  Below is the latest map this morning from AccuWeather.  Good luck to those in that state and along the Atlantic coast of the U.S.

2033919591_ScreenShot2020-07-31at12_18_39PM.thumb.png.4a22af084ea7005b89ff63d01bf24de1.png

Hi Terry, I don't think it is going to major storm (at least by the time It gets up this way)........I know we are expecting

rain.   I am sending my best down to Spins though...........I think her area will be hit more than us. 

Good morning........as some of you may know,  the baseball season recently started......here is Charlie Brown's

opening of his season😀

Opening Day! Charlie Brown & Snoopy | Snoopy funny, Snoopy love ...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

19 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hi Terry, I don't think it is going to major storm (at least by the time It gets up this way)........I know we are expecting rain.   I am sending my best down to Spins though...........I think her area will be hit more than us. 

Yes, Lois, it does look as if the area of Florida where Spins lives will get hit harder than your Jacksonville area.  Below is the AccuWeather map this morning as to how it will hit Florida and nearby.  They are now calling "it" as a hurricane.  Its name?  Hard to remember and pronounce.  Wish they would stick with names that are easier to say and recall such as Bob and Jane.  Now on TV they are talking about the damage that hit Puerto Rico.  Lots of damage there and in parts of the Caribbean.  

718409498_ScreenShot2020-08-01at8_57_45AM.thumb.png.44f29af721fe945e2e517a9a4c9a6921.png

Getting a bunch of rain here today in Central Ohio.  We need the rain so that's kind of OK. Although it is somewhat gray and boring, there is some benefit. 

1716577978_ScreenShot2020-08-01at9_10_24AM.thumb.png.6a84fe9acf96deb42b7305d6bc559573.png

1754817741_ScreenShot2020-08-01at9_10_53AM.thumb.png.981029d178bef9ad0d42af6b5477ef72.png

• Haha 1

After the "going to the devil in a hand basket" visual, below is a more upbeat item.  It's the flowered wreath that my wife has hanging on our front door.  Nice looking?

CMC_1868.jpeg.e9ec0aa625d93e11a8cc438e4f885455.jpeg

• Like 3

Fresh, surely?  And beautiful.  Is it to signify a special date, Terry?

I underestimated yesterdays temperature; it was 90F  Still small beer to some of you.

Our British Grand Prix is tomorrow - live from Silverstone.  Very strange, with everyone standing far apart and wearing masks, and of course no crowd.  Quite hard to follow what some people are saying, with muffled voices, a few hard to follow accents,  and no lip reading.  Still, better than nothing - and most folk have asked not to have money back, but to keep their tickets towards next year's race.  There is a very devoted crowd here for Formula One.    

Lola

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, lincslady said:

Fresh, surely?  And beautiful.  Is it to signify a special date, Terry?   Lola

Yes to Lola, that door wreath is beautiful, but to be totally honest and truthful to clo, it is not fresh.  Sorry!!  That would get pricy and I am somewhat frugal.  Need to save money for that next cruise??!!  But the good news is that it does have that "fresh" look.    No special date or observation.  My wife just like to have good-looking wreaths on our front door that vary and change with the seasons, etc.  

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

• Like 2